It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy Tiger Causes Police to Mobilize Helicopters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

LONDON – Police scrambled helicopters and ordered tranquilizers to hunt what they feared was an escaped wild animal in southern England — but found that the tiger was a toy.

Apparently, this toy freaked many people out.

Hampshire Police say they responded after several residents called in to say they'd seen a white tiger in a field near a golf course in Hedge End, near the English coastal city of Southampton.

Safety first!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Shameful ... All that expense for nothing!

My tax money is always well spent ...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Its a shame, because you know once plush animals get a taste of the wild, there's no going back. They're gonna have to put'em down.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This reminds me of the story a few months back where the Denver PD Bomb Squad had a "stand off" with an 8" robot toy.

I guess in the case of a possible escaped White Tiger, I suppose they were justified, however, they did spend taxpayer money on a non-threat. Hmm...

I'm just getting a good chuckle out of the story.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You cant blame them i mean it could have been a real tiger...
but for now i leave you with this...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2113a4bbdf09.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
why are people this stupid? this makes me sad. -_- just, ugh... people are so stupid sometimes. i had the swat team raid my house once because someone saw my brother play with a cap gun and he "thought" it was real. i dont know if people like to cause # or they actually are this stupid. either way its depressing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is why society is collapsing. people care too much about the little things while the big things are ignored. Its like omg a tiger. so what? even if it was real why panic. our ancestors lived among tigers (not literally but they lived harsh lives) today you cant say anything without being criticised and then condemned, also war is a BIG no no when war is what got us to where we are today and war is what will get us through to the next stage in life. people are becoming too sensitive about everything. people are scared and insecure. Everyone is so careful that the human population is increasing way too fast. it is not normal for a specie to increase by huge numbers while decrease by very little. this unbalances everything and causes other species to decrease as the human consumes more and more. if we hadnt modified our food the whole world would be starving because there wouldnt be enough by now.

imagine 7 billion tigers?!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I bet they got a call on their radios saying "AN OUT OF CONTROL TIGGER IS ON THE LOSE!!" but the T got cut off.... All the police love casual racism lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was at the match at The Rose Bowl!

Bizarre.

Where did they find this spokeswoman?!

A police spokeswoman said: "After a brief stalk through the Hedge End savannah, the officer realised the tiger was not moving and the air support using their cameras realised there was a lack of heat source.

"The tiger then rolled over in the down draft and it was at that point it became obvious it was a stuffed life-size toy.

"This incident will definitely be the highlight of our day. The CCTV footage convinced us all we were dealing with a real tiger.

"It's not often an incident leaves our staff with a smile on their face and it just goes to show the diverse type of incident we are called to deal with."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How on earth do you mistake a toy tiger for the real deal?? Are humans going retarded?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

i had the swat team raid my house once because someone saw my brother play with a cap gun and he "thought" it was real.

Thats funny, I also had a similar experience. Me and some friends (around 13 years old at the time) were playing with airsoft guns in the middle of the street in broad daylight...BROAD DAYLIGHT..... We played for around an hour...an HOUR.....then SWAT shows up...Apparently they thought we were playing with real guns.

Edit - Yes our guns had orange caps on the end.

Also heres another story that took place in the same town as the airsoft one. Me and a couple friends were playing with our frisbee at 10pm in an empty parking lot. Cops showed up 10 minutes after we began playing because a passer-by said that we were vandalizing everything in the area.
edit on 23-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

You must be Irish. I can't roll a stop sign without being pulled by the popo, who then calls in 2 more squad cars and a chopper to assist with backup. It would be funnier if I were making this up.

I have no record, have never been arrested, yet for some reason I'm a police magnet. I used to train cops years ago, so I don't know what their deal is, but it is kinda..... interesting? I guess. At least I know the local SWAT response time

edit on 23-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Its time to BAN all stuffed animals now...

:

top topics

join