It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove to anyone that Water Fluoridation is Bad for us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
I feel like the whole 'flouride being really bad for you' conspiracy just another hoax/scaremongering tactic by Alex Jones, et al to sell books?

What, exactly, is the government's incentive to put fluoride in the water if it is really harmful? Wouldn't that be less people to pay the taxes that keep them afloat?

This video (link below is part one of five) explains it in detail.

Russell Blaylock - Fluoride

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Seiko

Do you use some all natural brand, like Uncle Tom's? I use Arm and Hammer, and I'll read to you what the label says

Active Ingredient; Sodium Fluoride

Warning: do not swallow

NaF (sodium fluoride) is not the same as F- (fluoride).
edit on 5/22/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by adeclerk

What, exactly, is the government's incentive to put fluoride in the water if it is really harmful? Wouldn't that be less people to pay the taxes that keep them afloat?

It gives them somewhere to dispose of toxic waste. It is an industrial byproduct.

Why would they do this? Why would they tell you that vitamins are bad, and only a chemical can help your body? I've been mystified b y that question and others like it for years.

On a different note, my toothpaste does not contain fluoride, nor does it have a poison control center warning on it.

Fluoride is usually made from the mineral fluorite, which is naturally occurring and mined from the ground

The whole 'byproduct' thing is just a tactic used by scaremongers to get people up in arms about fluoride and nuclear weapons.

That is absolutely wrong, Sodium Fluoride is not obtained from the mineral Fluorite.

"Sodium fluoride is an inorganic chemical compound with the formula NaF"

"Sodium fluoride is an ionic compound, dissolving to give separated Na+ and F− ions. Like sodium chloride, it crystallizes in a cubic motif where both Na+ and F− occupy octahedral coordination sites.
The mineral form of NaF, villiaumite, is moderately rare. It is known from plutonic nepheline syenite rocks."

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Like I said, it's one SMALL example. Look into what Europe thinks of water and how they call it medication if you add fluoride in water. Also, fluoride is the active ingredient in Prozac. Oh read ALL of the information I provided You. But keep sticking with just rat poison
edit on 22-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

I feel like the whole 'flouride being really bad for you' conspiracy just another hoax/scaremongering tactic by Alex Jones, et al to sell books?

This video (link below is part one of five) explains it in detail.

Russell Blaylock - Fluoride

If you could provide a source that uses facts supported by evidence and not Alex Jones' youtube videos, I would be way more inclined to believe you.

I think some people just want to be the victim of a 'government conspiracy'.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Why would they do this? Why would they tell you that vitamins are bad, and only a chemical can help your body? I've been mystified b y that question and others like it for years. On a different note, my toothpaste does not contain fluoride, nor does it have a poison control center warning on it.

Natural occurrence:

Many fluoride minerals are known, but of paramount commercial importance are fluorite and fluorapatite.[5] Fluoride is found naturally in low concentration in drinking water and foods. Waters from underground sources are more likely to have higher levels of fluoride, whereas the concentration in seawater averages 1.3 parts per million (ppm).[6] Fresh water supplies generally contain between 0.01–0.3 ppm, whereas the ocean contains between 1.2 and 1.5 ppm.[7]

Not sure when "they" told us vitamins were bad for us. I think "they" learned that they were good for us the first time scurvy was cured.

Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitamin C, which is required for the synthesis of collagen in humans.

edit on 22-5-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   

How about ALL of the FACTS I posted in my original post. Debunk them ALL if you're right and we're just crazies

link   

Like I said, it's one SMALL example. Look into what Europe thinks of water and how they call it medication if you add fluoride in water. Also, fluoride is the active ingredient in Prozac. But keep sticking with just rat poison

Incorrect, here is the chemical composition of Prozac: CNCCC(OC1=CC=C(C=C1)C(F)(F)F)C1=CC=CC=C1.
Carbon is the main component of it, as you can see.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerkNaF (sodium fluoride) is not the same as F- (fluoride).

Right, but the fluoride in the water is toxic waste from the nuclear, phosphate and aluminum industries. It is not a pure chemical.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

How about ALL of the FACTS I posted in my original post. Debunk them ALL if you're right and we're just crazies

Using about.com as a source, I can easily make as many daft claims as you have in the OP.

Here's a link from about.com showing that Aliens are visiting earth, using an obvious appeal to authority.

link   

Like I said, it's one SMALL example. Look into what Europe thinks of water and how they call it medication if you add fluoride in water. Also, fluoride is the active ingredient in Prozac. But keep sticking with just rat poison

Incorrect, here is the chemical composition of Prozac: CNCCC(OC1=CC=C(C=C1)C(F)(F)F)C1=CC=CC=C1.

Prozac is a fluorinated drug called "fluoxetine".

Both drugs contain fluorine and chloride.

Fluoride is present as a '4-fluorophenyl' compound, part of the 'active' ingredient.

In rat brain, fluoxetine has also been shown to interfere with local T3 metabolism (Eravci et al, 2000; Baumgartner et al, 1994).

link   
reply to post by Swills

hi Swills,

great effort, much appreciated...

i have to go to work now,
but just wanted to say THANKS...!

i hate fluoride, and the "authorities" that insist it is good for us...

catchya later...

ps S+F for U...

link   
reply to post by Swills

Right now I use an indian brand made from neem, and it does not have that ingredient.

I'm not here to push any certain product, but feel free to look up the word neem and it's usage on teeth.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Well you got me there. Fluoride is still not healthy to ingest

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerkNaF (sodium fluoride) is not the same as F- (fluoride).

Right, but the fluoride in the water is toxic waste from the nuclear, phosphate and aluminum industries. It is not a pure chemical.

Do you have a source that shows where the nuclear, phosphate and aluminum industries are supplying the water distribution system with it's fluoride?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

Prozac is a fluorinated drug called "fluoxetine".

Both drugs contain fluorine and chloride.

Fluoride is present as a '4-fluorophenyl' compound, part of the 'active' ingredient.

In rat brain, fluoxetine has also been shown to interfere with local T3 metabolism (Eravci et al, 2000; Baumgartner et al, 1994).

Source and amount of fluoxetine used in the study. Tell me how the mg/kg compares to humans, and what the data means in regards to the human brain.

ETA: 4-fluorophenyl, Can you tell me, is that the same as the Fluoride anion, F-?
edit on 5/22/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The disclaimer must also state that the dietary supplement product is not intended to "diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease," because only a drug can legally make such a claim.

www.fda.gov...

Sorry the fda disagrees.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I have no idea what I'm seeing. All I know is I can read fluoride on the website, that's as far as my expertise goes

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Do you have a source that shows where the nuclear, phosphate and aluminum industries are supplying the water distribution system with it's fluoride?

Most fluoride additives used in the United States are produced from phosphorite rock. Phosphorite is used primarily in the manufacture of phosphate fertilizer. Phosphorite contains calcium phosphate mixed with limestone (calcium carbonates) minerals and apatite—a mineral with high phosphate and fluoride content. It is refluxed (heated) with sulfuric acid to produce a phosphoric acid-gypsum (calcium sulfate-CaSO4) slurry.

The heating process releases hydrogen fluoride (HF) and silicon tetrafluoride (SiF4) gases which are captured by vacuum evaporators. These gases are then condensed to a water-based solution of 23% FSA with the remainder as water.

Approximately 95% of FSA used for water fluoridation comes from this process. The remaining 5% of FSA is generated during the manufacture of hydrogen fluoride or from the use of hydrogen fluoride in the manufacturing of solar panels and electronics.

You've been shot down three times now.

Care to try again ?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by Swills

Right now I use an indian brand made from neem, and it does not have that ingredient.

I'm not here to push any certain product, but feel free to look up the word neem and it's usage on teeth.

Oh I use neem oil to fight off pesky insects. That stuff has so many sweet uses. I gotta try this toothpaste

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join