It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Island 'Money Pit' - New theory!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
some group OF or related to the Knights Templar order built Oak Island pit i guarantee that!

one can debate on age and which nation or 2 these particular templars were from....( whether scotland, Spain/Portugal, etc but I have no doubt myself

the picture of the pirate sketch is ridiculous IMO

it could just as easily be a knight templar with a shield in front of him...wearing his tunic w/ hood and light chain mail.

and there is precedence for it...the Westford Knight. GOOGLE it if you don't know what i'm talking about

how about googling the Hooked X while you are at it because the ROCK they found there with symbols/letters reminds me of this as well

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If the stone with the symbols on it was made hundreds of years ago, why would they describe the treasure to be 40 "feet" below? I'm not an historian but I would think that it would be measured in meters. Also, if I was digging and got to the "130 ft" depth and found nothing there, I would start digging horizontal in every direction and pay close attention to the soil.

By looking at the diagrams of where the water rushes in from the traps, I would walk the opposite direction and look for a place to start digging (maybe some kind of sign?) diagonally to the bottom of the original pit as to not disturb the traps. Then again, Birch Island is a huge question mark and the triangle that covers over half the island is very intriguing. Awesome thread!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulianAlien
Fact is if the universities were to accept the treasure hunting community as equals(if not superior)then nothing would be lost or melted down.Arrgh!!..

Context is key to archaeology. If treasure hunters did more than just dig, grab, and run for it then they might get a little more respect from the pros. Looting is not archaeology.

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The reports say them found a link of gold chain and a few other things.

I recently heard a local say on the CBC that the Pit offered an opportunity to grab some paying work, and when things started to slow down they were not adverse to throwing a few links of gold into the back dirt to stay employed a little longer.

I say that as a believer in the Money Pit. Sometimes you have to put the science on the back-burner and just go in pursuit of a great story.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

VikingShip of type skeid stranded in Oak Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.
The site is in Nova Scotia, Oak Island and is the location of so called money pit, which I believe isA vertically stranded Viking Ship of type Skeid, Stranded there on Oak Island for the last 1000 years.
My scientific explanation could bring out a site to be preserved, the site where Vikings landed in Nova Scotia on their Skeid Long Ship, it details the effect of climate changes which were witnessed by this longship.Here is a brief explanation.
The Viking Long Ship along with 70-80 people on board travelled to Oak Island and the Long Ship went deep in the area where it now because of Medieval Warm Period which occurred during 950 to 1200 AD( according to the research of scientists ) and there was water present there where the ship landed in shallow waters and then the weight of the water produced sinkholes and caverns due to which one side of the Long Ship fell down and tilted to a vertical angle and got stranded and then pushed up due to the movement of Ice bergs formed in Northern Atlantic due to the increase in ocean temperatures by 1-2 degrees Celsius. Further during the Little Ice age between 1200-1600 AD the water and land mass around the vertical stranded ship froze along with the movement of soft sand. The excavators find some sort of tunnels feeding the pit , which I believe are actually the Sail ropes and timber attached to the Mast and being pulled down in that position and for the last 1000 years have built soft of cavities around them and thus the water seeps in to the pit itself.
OAKISLANDMONEYPITISVERTICALSTRANDEDVIKINGSHIP NET

Thanks,
Sukhwant Singh

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sukhwant

oakislandmoneypitisverticalstrandedvikingship.net...
This make much more sense than a hidden treasure that no one can ever get to.

Nice find!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
it's a prison for some whacked out, alien psycho.

they shouldn't let it out again.

it will be really pissed off.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Job 38:11

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I agree, the Viking ship type skied theory looked very plausible.

On the other hand, an engineering feat to build such a shaft with the planks and traps just doesn't appear achievable with the resources of the time.

For what would require a very complicated engineering task like this?

edit on 21-11-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

eManym
reply to post by bluemooone2

I agree, the Viking ship type skied theory looked very plausible.

I don't buy it...I go with Blankenship's vision.

Besides...I have a copy of the 'Shreddies' map!!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Giorgio says it is the Arc of the Covenant or Aliens so I'm going with that...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
With the recent limited research I have done, the Oak Island Money Pit could be a hoax perpetuated by the original diggers in 1795. The purpose of to generate revenue from investors to do more digging, which it did. This seems to be the most plausible explanation at this point.

According to geologist, the island was connected to the mainland by a peninsula and sea level is 45 feet higher than it was in the past. Sinkholes and underground caverns dot the area as well. It is reported that 3000 feet from Oak island similar shafts have been excavated with the same characteristics as the Money Pit.

Also, there have been inhabitants living on the island for the entire 200 year history of the Money Pit. Someone would have noticed a major engineering project of this scope.
edit on 22-11-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

eManym
With the recent limited research I have done, the Oak Island Money Pit could be a hoax perpetuated by the original diggers in 1795. The purpose of to generate revenue from investors to do more digging, which it did. This seems to be the most plausible explanation at this point.

It seems to me that a lot has been found beyond the original diggings of 1795. While much of the Ancient Aliens material is rectally sourced...the mapping of the flood tunnels using dye is true. Lot of work for a hoax!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There is probably a water filled cavern under the island that is connected to the ocean at the shorelines causing the dye dispersal at the shores. The mention of wooden platforms and other materials were made by the original diggers on their first dig then their second dig a few years later.

They also claimed to have found the artifact with the cyphers that disappeared. A similar table fragment with cyphers was claimed to have been found on the island in 1936 that also disappeared.
edit on 22-11-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” who were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Free Masons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking navy officers, who were also Masonic 33 degree members of the Free Masons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Free Masons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.
At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic 13th degree “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy greedy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern was and could access it by digging down 20 feet.
Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure, claiming that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.
The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795
One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Free Masons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.
The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Free Masons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

PaulProteus
If the stone with the symbols on it was made hundreds of years ago, why would they describe the treasure to be 40 "feet" below? I'm not an historian but I would think that it would be measured in meters.

If it was actually pirates, they might also use fathoms.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Robotic
The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” who were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth. This organization is known as - The “Free Masons”.

Of course, there is and always has been a huge difference between the original Freemason organization and the Masons of modern times. The latter having adopted the symbology of the original, but not their protected knowledge.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

I like to believe something this elaborate needs an elaborate prize like the ark. Definitely not some papers proving some bloke wrote a play lol. No it is something fantastic like the missing treasures of the template lol.

You don't go to these lengths unless it is something beyond monetary value. I say it was the template protecting the ark and other powerful relics.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Good point with pirates
During 18th century Britain's measurement was the "foot" - metric came about with weights and Measurement Act 19th century

<< 1   >>

join