It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only the Beginning - The REAL Reason behind May 21st, 2011 and the Rapture Prophecy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
nice thread i like it and thought alot about it recently i dont know why but i get the feeling that something big is gunna happen....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WizardVanWizard

The problem is that the date of 2012 is also imo a fake. The Maya prophecies do not say anything about the world ending in 2012, yet this has been claimed by the mainstream media, and new age groups which have not bothered to actually find out what the prophecies really say.

What the Maya/Hopi prophecies say is that the appearance of the blue/green Katsina is the start of the tribulations, which was in 2007 and would last 7 years, and that another katsina, this time a red katsina would appear in the skies and this is the purifier, which would mark the beginning of the worst changes.

The date of 2012 is also a fake, it is nothing more than the end of a cycle, but not the end of the world yet tptb and the mainstream media has been claiming the contrary.

edit on 23-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have had similar thoughts about something bigger coming.

Biblically speaking, we ought to know that nobody can predict with any certainty when Jesus Christ is returning for us.

Now that much of the world that is reached by the MSM seems to use this as an opportunity to belittle Christianity as a whole, when Jesus really does take all His followers away, TPTB can then blame it on a cause of their own choosing (UFOs maybe?). The disappearance of a significant portion of the world's population with a MSM-backed credible explanation would make things easier for an emerging world leader to manipulate the population in order to gain great political power.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes, although I am by no means versed in any of the Mayan/Hopi prophecies, I know that the 2012 date is a sham. I believe the cycle that's ending then is only a small cycle in their calender, or something, correct?

With that being said, I don't even see any evidence of what's been going on since '07 to be called a tribulation more than any other time during the 20th.

Not to try and discredit your research or anything

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I reply to you, but I reply to everyone specifically who continues to believe that something isn't happening.

Turn on your news this morning. What is the main story?

A half-mile wide tornado that has killed upwards of 90 people, almost twice as many people as any ENTIRE YEAR for a decade prior. There have been more tornadoes and more deaths from tornadoes this year than any year in the past 150 years.

Earthquakes this year have already exceeded 2010 by 20% as PuterMan graciously made a topic on recently - and guess what, we aren't even HALFWAY DONE.

Volcanoes have become more active this year and last year that many years past.

Extreme weather has been plaguing the entire world, from Australia and their great floods the the US and the unending floods and tornadoes. Scientists have declared a "new norm" to the climate.

And we can not forget the animal die offs, the birds, the fish, and the mammals. To deny that there have been more than normal in the last few years, is to deny simple fact that you cannot prove otherwise.

People seem to see science as a tell all of fact. Let's face it. There are PLENTY of things that science has yet to open to us. What does science prove about the past? What can science say for sure about pole shifts? What do scientists care about the collective consciousness theory?

When science can not answer the most heated questions, where is the next logical place to look? The past. History tells us that things have happened to this earth, things that we can't full come to understand for lack of information on such. But ancient civilizations have documented such changed. These civilizations spoke of great disaster but not that which is completely unsurvivable.

If I am right and the powers that be are looking to throw people off the theories of "the end", when the time finally comes and people actually realize that something huge is happening, something that effects the entire world and their livelihood, TPTB will already be hidden away and sealed, guaranteed to survive to the next generation to continue their rule while the people that they wronged by doing so will remain unguarded and unawares of what is coming.

I don't subscribe to any particular theory. 2012, Nibiru, aliens, pole shift - none of them have any meaning to me. Sure, they are certainly areas to observe, but it is not because of them that I base my judgement. Regardless of whether or not any doomsday scenario was professed to the world for them to believe in - anyone with half of a brain and half of an eye for observation - THE MOST BASIC OF THE SCIENCES - should realize that this Earth, this planet that we live upon - is undergoing changes that have not happened in our lifetimes. It is undergoing changes that cannot be explained with science or through repetition of patterns - HOWEVER it can be described by the words of civilizations that perhaps survived through the same thing; it becomes known that the best way to cope with something that you do not, that you can not understand, is to gain advice from those who HAVE dealt with it.

Maybe the world isn't ending. Maybe it is paranoia. However, the changes ARE real. They are before us. The sound VERY familiar to historical accounts of ancient civilizations. For people who believe in the Bible, even simply as a vague historical account - it matches with the final chapter of that as well.

The people who see possibility in chaos and who prepare for the worst based upon the evidence of observation - those people are not lunatics. The lunatics are the people who, after having something completely thrown into their face, continue to ignore the signs and the obvious. Not a single person can say wholeheartedly that nothing has changed and if they attempt to... they are indeed lying to themselves.

I stand my ground and thank for the support from many of you, but I cannot condone the ignorance of some of you.

-Gwyd

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I'm replying to your post simply to prove my point ... Thus taking away nothing from the OP - who I totally resonate with - just like with you ... So yeah, here we are on the same page

I was sitting here, unconsciously staring at the TV (sorry), pondering this very thought or dare I call it insight? No really, dare I?

Thank goodness for the Information Technology era we live in ... Otherwise we would have to think up a word for the opposite of syncronicity (sp?) ... Syncroniciity is becoming so commonplace that we cna thank it for the word "asyncronous" ...

Wolf! Wolf!! Wolf!!! ... Anybuddy ... ??

Did the delay in the shuttle's launch have anything to do with the delay in the "rapture" ... ???

Yes, TPTB are not totally stoopid ... But they are even less totally superior intellectually ... Some have got their number and yes, sadly, those will be ridiculed and painted with the "loony brush" ...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yes, you are absolutely on to something here. S&F!

In Swedish newspapers there has been a lot about Camping and his theories, always with a scornful smirk behind the articles. But he is not the only one who has been the item of mainstream medias attention.

On May 1, there was a small documentary in a news show about conspiracy theories, about 2-3 minutes. This is a news programme that normally have longer discussions and documentaries so I was surprised that it only lasted a couple of minutes. Of course, it was about conspiracy theorists being loonies and they should simply not be listened to... The same afternoon, I saw for the FIRST TIME ever, chemtrails over my city, spread by a small white jet plane flying really low, and could smell a strange metallic chemical odour that made me cough. Then, the next morning we all heard about the "killing" of Bin Laden, and it was like we were prepared to not believe in conspiracies...

All through May, there has been articles about how conspiracy theories are exploding on the Internet, always showing the worst examples which easily can be debunked, never the more serious ones, for example about Elenin...

I absolutely think that next time, when something really is going to happen and the ones with a little bit more knowledge who can see a pattern in all this, warns the world, the reaction will just be - ""Naaaah, you are just paranoid!!"

Well, we will see who will have the last laugh...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Throughout earths history the earth has had periods of increased meteorological,volcanic and seismic activity the rule to such periods is adapt or die,man is the most adaptable creature I am aware of and will get through it,some places will become more dangerous/unpleasant to live in,some will get better population will adjust accordingly.

Yes society may be headed for great difficulty but this is the result of abject human stupidity and greed on a positive note we now have science and reason to offset negative manifest destinies.

God aint got much to do with it,Harold Camping should be arrested for being a public nuisance spreading fear and terror,people even suicided over concerns for this assholes prognostications.It is about time man woke up and accepted responsibility for his own future God aint coming and he sure as hell aint gonna solve any problems for us.

Very well put, and i will add, if people put as much of their energy into understanding WHAT they are and th eindividual POWER they possess, then the government would be small and virtually powerless. But people, over the past 200 years have been duped and convinced into believing BS FROM the government.

If more people took a moment to read the Bill of RIghts and the Declarartion of Independence, forget the Constitution as that is a corporate document contract and DOES NOT apply to the society as a whole, then they could see that the POWER and AUTHORITY is vested in EACH OF US, to govern ourselves so long as we do unto others.

Forget these "prophecies" and the other BS and PAY ATTENTION to your "will" and your family and do unto others without harm and we will bring down the thieves in government and the rest of the oligarchy!!

Edit to add, GOD has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.
edit on 23-5-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"Anyone" who believes that "the rapture would sweep all the righteous away" no doubt about it, " - is a complete loon." the righteous, give me a break! Who are the righteous?? You people are brainwashed to much by sunday school and Billy Grahams...-

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Don't have much time for him but was it Manson who said something like "I'd rather be hated for who I am than love for who I am not"??

Here's my version: I'd rather die questioning than live conforming.

Things are not as they are being dished up (sold) to us on the MSM ...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, I know that much. Things are also not, what they are being made of by some prediction Jubkies and Bible fools.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Umm, the rapture would supposedly take only about ten thousand people on a planet with 6 Billion people.

They could be gone and no one would notice. Probably that many people disappear everyday.

Just saying.

Oh, and probably not the Pope, or anyone important. All are probably devil worshipers.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WizardVanWizard

In October 2007 comet Holmes exploded and part of it's mass expanded, it's brightness increased a million times what it was originally and it became the largest object in the Solar System, becoming even larger than the Sun. Even though it was faint you could also see it with the naked eye.

The astronomy world buzzed in the Fall of 2007 when Comet Holmes – a normally humdrum, run-of-the-mill comet — unexpectedly flared and erupted. Its coma of gas and dust expanded away from the comet, extending to a volume larger than the Sun. Professional and amateur astronomers around the world turned their telescopes toward the spectacular event. Everyone wanted to know why the comet had suddenly exploded. The Hubble Space Telescope observed the comet, but provided few clues. And now, observations taken of the comet after the explosion by NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope deepen the mystery, showing oddly behaving streamers in the shell of dust surrounding the nucleus of the comet. The data also offer a rare look at the material liberated from within the nucleus. “The data we got from Spitzer do not look like anything we typically see when looking at comets,” said Bill Reach of NASA’s Spitzer Science Center at Caltech.

www.universetoday.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/209d65555b83.jpg[/atsimg]

That's the sakwa sohu katsina prophesised by the Hopi/Maya as the sign for the beginning of the tribulations. Sakwa literally means "green/blue", and comet Holmes had a green nucleus and a blue tail.

edit on 23-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i ran across this from yahoo news

Harold Camping 'Flabbergasted' That It Wasn't the End of the World as We Know It
Time.com

Email
Print

By MEGAN GIBSON – 27 mins ago

Know anyone who was Raptured on Saturday? Yeah, neither do we.

So what does Harold Camping - the 89-year-old, multimillionaire Family Radio preacher who was certain that the Judgment Day would happen at 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011 - have to say in the wake of the non-Rapture?

(LIST: 1,000 Or So Things To Do Before You Die.)

The San Francisco Chronicle caught up with Camping on Sunday afternoon, outside his home in Alameda. He told the Chronicle that he was "flabbergasted" that nothing had happened and that it'd "been a really tough weekend." The International Business Times also managed to capture the brief video of Camping where he insists he isn't ready for interviews.

He then said he was "looking for answers" and "would be back to work on Monday."

So far, a cursory listen of Camping's Family Radio station (before and after shots of its website can be seen here) doesn't seem to offer anything explanatory. Instead, we're hearing a lot of tips on improving family life and sporadic hymns. We'll be listening in periodically to see if Camping offers some explanation to his hundreds of followers who believed (and invested their money!) in his Judgment Day calculation; we imagine they'd like some answers.

Though, according to Jackie Alnor, who once believed in Camping's predictions, it's not his followers that the preacher must answer to. "He's in big trouble with God," she told the Chronicle.

PHOTOS: Cinematic Renditions of the Apocalypse.

View this article on Time.com
so now we will have his next prediction in 5...4...3..., oh ya he is going to the first to go

here is the time link newsfeed.time.com...
edit on 23-5-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Why would TPTB need to throw us off to get into their bunkers, though? Don't you think they'd have the foresight to seal themselves in there before the mass-panic set in?

Would us knowing of this life-ending event prevent 90% or more of us from not having the resources to get a bunker built, much less stocked and prepared, even knowing 10 years in advance?

Don't you think that many of the bunkers have been ready for many years due to the mathematical inevitability of something terrible happening sometime?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

WOW~! I was thinking this same thing just a few minutes ago! Great post!!

As I was thinking about all the Earth changes that are taking place and reading up on the status and where abouts of Planet X I began to realize that I do not need to feel sorry for Harold and his followers. I can't say that anything I have said to my peers have resulted in a baptismal. I am Christian, however in my own belief and right. I do not follow anyone but Christ's Words. He is my hero!! ;-) As much as people laugh and make fun of this old man we call Harold.....he has saved many people and although the Rapture did not take place on the date he thought it would, we may be surprised to see Jesus coming on the cloud to take his people before any suffering is endured.

WE DO NOT KNOW jack in the whole scheme of things and we are not even a speck in regards to existence in this Solar System nor our home we call Earth.

Also, right before I read your post I watched a little of this video speaking of "lunatics". Thank you for the good read and I really just wanted to say that I totally agree!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There have been so many prophecies of doom over the years, not only on here but also on the msm. Take Y2K for example, get everybody wound up, expecting the worst and.....zero....nothing....nothing at all.

The prophecies come and go, un-fullfilled, such as Camping's just has so where does that leave the human train of thought now?

Just my opinion for what it's worth, what if, just what if, this was the way it was planned, wind the masses up, scare the crap out of them, make them worry about wether they are gonna be around in 24 hrs, yes it's scaremongering coming from the governments regarding the wars and the terrorism etc etc etc modern day nostradamus's, the sleeping prophet and the like and now camping with his 2nd failed attempt at a catastrophic end of days predction.

As mentioned above, where does this leave us, well, in my opinion 'The boy who cried wolf' jumps right out at me right now in a big big way.
Time will roll merily on by, more scare tactics will no doubt hit the media and also on ATS and I can see it getting ramped up and ramped up again to the point where again, nothing will occur, the masses chill out a bit, relax, kick back and have a beer or whatever your tipple is until one day when the 'oh god here we go again' more doom and gloom headline hits the tv or the internet and nobody cares, nobody noticies and everybody is chilling and going about their daily routine, unprepared and bang, the brown stuff hits the fan and we are neck deep in it. Whatever this may be, or whatever may occur, I have no idea but it's getting close to the BIG DATE of 2012, what else is gonna come out of the woodwork before then I wonder, to just....chilllll us out and dumb us down further (the boy who cried wolf scenario)?

In my opinion, there is a calender that ends Dec 2012, it's others who have said that this will be an end time event, not the Mayans, are we going to see more fear mongering hit the msm (it already has re 2012, discovery has been doing it for years), Comet Elenin for example?

Maybe we should take them all seriously? Would we then be called paranoid, if we don't look into anything, we don't care!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more OP. This will allow everyone to laugh off anyone who questions an "Official" story. This was one man's thoughts and his followers. 99.999% of the people were already laughing but that wasn't reported I wonder why, easier to use a broad brush to paint any group.

This is an offensive move against Conspiracy and outside the box thinkers that may try to question or state something. I think the Birth Certificate is part of this sane plot to destroy those who question, question questionable things. The Media has been a lot more ready to laugh and say NUTJUB that just report the news as they are supposed to do. now they give you the opinion which most of the sheeple eat up and regurgitate later. There is a lot of important things coming from comets to weather issues to GOD knows what and I wouldn't put off the table Alien invasion 3D holograms and who knows what else.

It should never be wrong to speak out or question, even if you are proven wrong you at least questioned. I remember when I was a kid my teacher always said "THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS".

We will have to wait and see what is next but I liked your thoughts and S&F'd ya for it... Demonization!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that event or it falling in line with what the Mayans forecasted. I'm just of the mind that it was astute astronomy tainted with religion-isms.

I don't think we're in the midst of any Tribulations, just the cyclical nature of the solar system and galaxy.

Of course I could be very wrong. I'm just some hick from the northern tip of Appalachia

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
nothing ever changes - we may hope for change or be afraid of the future but the only thing that is actually different is science & technology.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join