It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequent double post when I reply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm experiencing an issue when I reply to posts. Frequently, I end up with two identical posts (double posts) right after the other. Sounds like keyboard bounce, but I don't think so. The problem cropped up about a week ago; the first time it showed up, it occurred 4 or 5 times that day. It just happened again today.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

Here's a thought: maybe my posts are so brilliant that the system recognizes it and automatically double posts to make sure more people read them...?

edit on 22-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I had a weird occurance where I would star a post in a thread and when it returned there would be 2.
First couple of times it happened I thought someone else must've read the same post and starred at the same time.
But then it happened on a thread that was way down the bottom of recent posts page and I thought then it might've been some kind of malfuction cause it was happening way too often. I don't think a dozen times in a row is a coincidence...

This happened in the same time line you are talking about......doesn't happen now though.

So you got double posts and I was giving out double stars...weird to say the least.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This sounds a lot like a bad/shorted keyboard. Switch it for a know to be good one and try that. Don't hold your coffee over the keyboard from now on.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I've had that happen lots of times. I figured it was due to a clogged display function (huh?).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This sounds a lot like a bad/shorted keyboard. Switch it for a know to be good one and try that. Don't hold your coffee over the keyboard from now on.

But how will I be able to drink it while reading/typing?

Thanks. I'll try another kybd.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This has probably happened to everyone at one time or another.

My belief is that when you hit "submit" it takes a while sometimes, depending on internet traffic for things to go through. Don't ever hit the submit button a second time thinking that the first time didn't work because then you will get duplicate posts.

Just wait a sufficient amount of time to see if the first post is still in the sending mode. You should be able to see if your computer is still sending or not, by looking at the top of your browser screen to see if it is still "working" on something.

top topics

join