It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on this recent "event"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have to say, stop blaming this Camping fellow.
Sure the guy predicted a rapture and what not, but why the hell were people even listening to him?
If they are that weak then maybe the world is better off without them (being a little harsh).
If people believed Camping, they would have to be christian......correct ? now i have never read the bible but i have heard that it says only GOD will know, not Jebus......no one. So why did they believe him ! ?
How about this, if you believe in the bible, STICK TO IT, dont listen to some douche bag trying to twist its words.
If you are a good christian then you have nothing to worry about, sheesh

I understand i may get shot down for referring to the bible without reading it, but to be honest, i dont care, i will never read it.
And no disrespect to the GOOD christians, some of you are ok

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I agree totally if you were dumb enough to follow this guy you werent going to survive long anyway

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That camping dude played on peoples weakest emotions which are fear and hope, after coming on here for a few months now Ive came to the conclusion that people actually get excited over and WANT apocolyptic type stuff to happen. The Obama Bin LAden press conference proved this beyond 100%. Everyone was getting excited about aliens and rocks in space, then when it came out that it was Bin Laden dead the dissapointment on here was clear to see.

All this rapture talk was based on similar thing to this, people convinced themselves that this guy knew his # and that it was all going to go down, building themselves up and getting excited about it built on nothing more than pure hope that something kool and exciting was about to happen.

But tbh, I have to question the sanity of people who actually believe that some guy is going to come down fom the sky and lead millons of people into the clouds to freedom. In fact I find an alien spaceship coming to earth and beaming people up to be alot more easier to believe.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How would a Modern Christian get Raptured anyway? Jesus was coming back for the Neo-Jews that finally began to practice what they preached (aka the original Christians). Not the modern Christians who hold Christ as an Idol, Not the Christians who adopted Pagan traditions and removed Judeo-High Holy days to substitute with these newer, more popular ideas (Christmas, Easter). Not the Christians who changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Not the Christians who make billions of dollars a year, reaping the wealth of its people through guilt and promises the same way the ancient Jews did which was why Christ stood to change them. With this revelation.... why would anyone be raptured?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Reason why prediction failed??? Camping will state he was doing a social project and he succeeded!! He got the whole world to talk about the rapture and the end of the world. Maybe just maybe he turn a light bulb on in the minds and hearts of some people. Or he just preyed on their weaknesses and it was all about the accumulation of wealth from mindless sheep. Ok Im going with number 2!!

top topics

join