It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well... It's May 21st, 2011, 6:15PM...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
He said it would hit everyone at 6PM in each time zone so you could sit back and watch raptures going on around the world before 6PM and it hit you....

Well, it must have skipped Australia.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Oh well. No symphony for any of those tards who followed this loon.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

That did make me laugh

you missed out one word to describe him though - "rich"

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Your the only "Tard" here thinking you have the ability to see through through the web and tell that we are laughing at them. I don't think it is funny in the least. And whoever would follow this guy Camping with their children without checking him out IS an idiot and should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You guys are still here
Noo, come one disappear already , I so hoped for those empty cars with keys inside
Ehh never any luck ....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne

Oh well. No symphony for any of those tards who followed this loon.

Doesnt just effect those people who are following. I'm refering also to their loved ones and children they are dragging through this.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by Rukas

Still alive.

Who would've thought some old crazy guy could be wrong about the rapture??
did he really write that book ? or even planned something to hurt you in any way, if there would ever be a rapture , it would not be by the hands of our father.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Your the only "Tard" here thinking you have the ability to see through through the web and tell that we are laughing at them. I don't think it is funny in the least. And whoever would follow this guy Camping with their children without checking him out IS an idiot and should be ashamed of themselves.

I dont have to see through the internet bub, when mockery is the basis of this thread. Sorry for this "Tard" schooling you... If you didnt see it... what more can I say?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Still here!
Just sitting on my porch waiting.
Looking forward to the change!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I didn't bother reading your reply but I am sure it was full of wit. Once someone uses terms such as "tard" I just ignore what they write so don't waist your time.

To everyone else: I have been talking to a couple of these May 21 guys and they way they gloat over the billions of people dying is just sick. Hard to feel sorry for people who take joy in believing my children will soon be destroyed know what I mean?

edit on 5/21/2011 by BLKMJK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I am going to laugh at this guy even harder if he drops off the grid and leaves a note saying he was was "chosen," and that all the rest of us weren't. Or something along those lines. I don't know how anyone could deal with that kind of humiliation. Twice I might add, with this time most likely having more coverage than the last time.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I am going to laugh at this guy even harder if he drops off the grid and leaves a note saying he was was "chosen," and that all the rest of us weren't. Or something along those lines. I don't know how anyone could deal with that kind of humiliation. Twice I might add, with this time most likely having more coverage than the last time.

It doesn't matter, the believers will keep on believing in him. As I am sure has been pointed out on ATS before, the Seventh Day Adventists predicted the end of the world sometime in the 1800s and all their followers geared up for it. The funny thing is that the church didn't collapse; over a hundred years later its going stronger than ever.

People join these kinds of groups for intangible reasons...like community, or a sense of belonging or mission, or just feeling "clean". Most people have invested so much of their selves in this belief system that they will simply not be able to let it go, mentally. They will grasp at any rationale to justify this or that and just go on with their lives, waiting for the next date to get excited about.

It sounds crazy, but to even give this stuff the time of day in the first place, you have to have a pretty huge capacity for denial and a flagrant lack of self-awareness. I expect that most of the members will utilize these dubious talents in the days and weeks ahead to convince themselves of whatever they need to to keep on going.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yets777

Uhm.... I was referring to the crazy bastard that predicted today as the beginning of the Rapture... not god

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You would think I would learn, I have just cleaned the house, dashed this OCD.

Guys, I know there is a serious aspect to this and some people have put a lot of belief into today being a landmark moment for their religion but, and it is a big but, I feel people have been brainwashed into not being able to filter reality from fiction any more. It is terribly sad that they do have the desperate need to follow such wild doctrine. Lives will have been focused round this and there will be people feeling very humiliated today, they will grasp as excuses for the failure of the manifestation.

I for one do not want people to stop coming on here and having a bit of a joke. Its good to be able to see the humour in life, it raises our spirits. I read some of these threads and chuckle away to my self, members put there personalities in here and it can be wonderful. Life is hard just now, money is tight, and we all work really hard and sacrifice things we would rather be doing. Perhaps if we could all see the bright side in our lives we would appreciate things around us more and not need to follow crank gurus.

peace

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think this highlights an important issue that we've been neglecting when things like this occur.

We need a new time reference that accurately states what solar time zone we are in. Not one that reflects local 'time' based on the position of the sun in in the sky - but one that tells us what 'time zone' we are in in relation to where the earth is to the sun.

Because until we do, as long as Sydney posts about still being here, I know I'll still be alive in 3 more hours time.

I wonder what place on earth is the last to pass through the current time, before we all move to the next one.

What place on earth is the last to have 11:59:59 sunday night?

Lucky buggers...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm still here .gotta brush my teeth and go to work
I was really geared up for a looting or a Zombie Apocalypse ,I was gonna steal cars and go on a Zombie killing looting rampage,
oh well, we always have Dec 21 2012

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It's not over 12 hours away for the OP, there is something called time zones. Where the OP is, it's past 6PM. Camping claimed it would happen at 6PM everywhere, so it's the perfect time for him to start "acting like a tard"

The thing you are forgetting about this is that if someone believes this it's THEIR fault. Camping didn't drug anybody up MKUltra style and convince them this is true. THEY were the ones being too stupid to use critical thinking skills and realize this is all a bunch of BS. People are always claiming something will happen, and most of the time nobody believes them. If you want to throw logic out the window and believe in the rapture, you have NOBODY to blame but yourself.

If people kill themselves because of this, I feel bad for the loved ones, but could care less for the people themselves. Reap what you sow seems a very fitting phrase here. They sowed ignorance and stupidity, the world would be better of without people like that.

It seems like you hate the idea of personal responsibility. Although I guess if you follow a religion where blind faith and a complete lack of logic and sense are required, your pretty open to nut cases like Camping.
edit on 21-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads. And please make use of the search function before creating a new thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join