It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kiribati: Where the End of the World Will Begin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

There is no widespread belief among Christians that the May 21 prediction is true — according to one passage in the Bible, Judgment Day is unknowable in advance — but let's say, for one second, that it is: Which country will experience the end of the world first?

It's Kiribati, a tropical island nation that lies in the central Pacific Ocean. Kiribati is the easternmost country that lies west of the International Date Line, making it the first country to see the dawn of each new day.

The International Date Line, which zigzags along the 180-degrees longitude line that cuts through the middle of the Pacific Ocean, marks an arbitrary boundary between one day and the next. To a traveler heading east, the time keeps getting later, hour by hour, until crossing the Date Line, at which point it becomes 24 hours earlier. That's why flying from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia looks like it takes about 32 hours on the clock, but when you fly the other way (from Sydney to L.A.), you arrive two or three hours before you left.

article link

So I guess theoretically speaking, my question is, exactly how technical would the rapture be?
Would it obey the man-ordained zig-zagging time zones?
Or just happen as the globe spins & the sun falls on each longitude and completely disregard the fact that Kiribati is actually located in 3 timezones due to the man-imposed zig-zagging?

Live Clock for Kiribati Time

Well, regardless I thought I'd post this clock which shows the exact time in Kiribati as we speak.

Feel free to click on it if you're interested or curious and watch the countdown.
Of course, you'll have to pick one of the three time zones....

At the time of this post, it looks like we've got about 6 hours, give or take a few, before.....well..... whatever you think is gonna happen, does or doesn't happen......

I'll be asleep at that time

edit on 20-5-2011 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If anything It would have to be sidereal time. or universal time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

edit on 20-5-2011 by stupid girl because: alfa1 answered my question

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
At the time of this post, it looks like we've got about 6 hours, give or take a few, before.....well..... whatever you think is gonna happen, does or doesn't happen.....

6 hours?
Not sure I follow you. There, its lunchtime on the 21st. What happens in 6 hours?
Here in Australia where I am, it just past 9am on the 21st and I'm not dead yet.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If it is a rapture by the Christian God/Jesus, it would be based on Jerusalem time. God considers Jerusalem to be the center of the earth, spiritually speaking.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

According to the clock I posted a link to, it is around noon in the latest time zone in Kiribati.
So that would mean that there is about 6 hours left, give or take, before the show begins...so to speak.
According to the pastor who made this prediction, whatever happens is supposed to happen at 6pm in each time zone.
From what I understand, Kiribati would be the first time zone to reach 6pm.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Hmm, I didn't consider that. Interesting theory.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
I'm just a stupid girl, what is sidereal time?

The sun is overhead once every 24 hours. Midday every 24 hours, midnight every 24 hours etc...

But most people dont realise that this is not how long it takes the earth to rotate once. The earth actually only takes 23 hours 56 minutes to rotate once. This is siderial time. This is a rotation from the point of view of the 'universe'. How long it takes and given star to be above you. Eg Sirius is overhead once every 23 hours 56 minutes, Capella is overhead once every 23 hours 56 minutes...

But in that time the earth has moved along in its orbit a little bit. For someone on earth o face the sun again, the earth has to rotate a bit more to look back at it. An extra 4 minutes in fact.

Explanation works best with pictures. There's probably a youtube video somewhere.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
good, I should be able to get a few good netflix movies in!
I thought I only had an hour, Midnight Eastern Time sheww! would have just hit a pron site if that was the case!

top topics

join