It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu responds to Obama; Saying we WILL NOT go back to 1967 borders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I use to wonder if the USA used Israel as an armed spying and listening post for the Middle East area.

I suspect now since Obama's speech making it clear the 1967 lines need to be observed and that the International Community is in agreement with him, something is going to have to change. In reality sanctions should be put in place against Israel if it does not comply. We appear to be placing sanctions against Syria and probably Iran again I suspect with people all over the world speaking out about the Palestinian problem, more pressure will be brought to bear. .

I suspect Mr Netanyahu may well not only have a problem with Obama - especially watching his body language, but he has a problem in Israel to, because many Jews think that the only solution to a permanent peace is to give the Palestinians a State of their own that they can live in, work in and independantly administer. They also have to deal with the displaced Palestinians, those people need a solution.

Regarding sanctions, the difficulty may be that even if Obama refuses to supply arms to Israel other countries may well step into her trading vacancy. However, to withold the huge amounts of financial aid, might help Mr Netanyahu come up with an ingenuous solution. He would make his name renowned were he the man to bring peace to the nation.

We do have a problem dealing with Israel in many Governments in the West. On another thread the point was made that Judaism in not only a religion it defines the person completely. Each country has a very strong Jewish lobby. added to which we have many dual Jewish passport holders serving within our governments. One would be blind not to notice that both the UK and USA governments are very pro Israel, without this matter ever coming up on their election manifestos. I do think this is beginning to be a problem when the interests of the country are put second to nannying Israel. Israel is a young country, we don't have the same established ally status with it as the UK has with the USA or other European allies, Israel has not proved its 'ally' status yet, in fact by its disregard to the international laws we are all subjected to, we are moving towards a position of perhaps having to consider our ally status with her,.

<< 1   >>

join