It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu responds to Obama; Saying we WILL NOT go back to 1967 borders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So Netanyahu and Obama met today at the White House. Netanyahu said that Israel will not move back to the 1967 borders. They did pledge to work together towards a Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement.

Israel, Thursday, approved projects to build more housing past the 1967 borders. There is no stopping Israel, they will get what they want.

Not surprised at all by this. I figured that Obama was all talk here, and that the US would never risk cutting the hand that feeds them.

Thoughts?

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
who the hell does obama think he is

who are we to tell anyone anything.

thats like name your country telling the us to shrink its borders no chance in hell that would ever happen

so what makes the idiot in chief to be able to tell other people and other countries to shrink their borders.

the word neocon gets thrown quite abit around here on ats

so when are you people going to tell the obama adminstration to stop acting like neocons.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
But HE WILL remain on the dole from our pocketbooks.

figures.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly!!

Well we think we are America, so we feel we can do or tell anyone anything. We just forgot Israel was the one country we can not do anything to.

If any other country told the US to shrink their borders, the US would probably bomb them and say WHAT?? lol

Oh you are right, they are definitely neocons.

edit on 5/20/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
But HE WILL remain on the dole from our pocketbooks.

figures.

WHERE can I get your avatar in full view?

(sorry to be offtopic but you wont answer my PM)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm a muslim and if I was the leader of Israel then i'd never accept such deal. no way. thats a betrayal to every zionist and i'm sure our zionist elites have something prepared. The muslims cant just go back like that, they will have to fight and earn it.

I also believe that eventually the muslims will earn it, the palestanians had suffered enough, the israelis are humans so they do what ever they do to survive. judge nobody and let the world do gods plan. war is imminent in the middle east, we just dont know when.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Hindenburg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Do we not have double standards here. Netanyahu is asking the world to help go for Iran but he won 't oblige his main army of Christian soldiers over a small request about development land. Most countries negotiate but its strange how there is no negotiation with Israel.

Also is Israel a country the USA should be donating huge sume of money to? Doesn't it operate a Jewish supremist state in that no Jew is allowed to marry a non Jew ? Can you imagine telling Americans that thefre will be no mixed marriages or trying that policy in Britain or Europe. The world got rid of apartide in South Africa but we didn't expect it to rise up in Israel or did we?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Do we not have double standards here. Netanyahu is asking the world to help go for Iran but he won 't oblige his main army of Christian soldiers over a small request about development land. Most countries negotiate but its strange how there is no negotiation with Israel.

Also is Israel a country the USA should be donating huge sume of money to? Doesn't it operate a Jewish supremist state in that no Jew is allowed to marry a non Jew ? Can you imagine telling Americans that thefre will be no mixed marriages or trying that policy in Britain or Europe. The world got rid of apartide in South Africa but we didn't expect it to rise up in Israel or did we?

Your spot on with your post. Could you imagine if America had a "right to return" policy for Christians only?? Haha. Oh there would be protests and uprisings. But not there. Nope.

They are quick (Israel) to stick their hand out when they want something from America. When they want money from us, they get it. When they want our newest military technology (F22's) we don't even make them pay for it. Oh no, we just hand them an entire stock of them. When they want to influence US Policy or laws, they just send in their attack dogs AIPAC.

But asking them to return to the UN mandated 1967 borders?? Oh no no no. This they can not do. Certainly not.

Frankly I thought it was ridiculous to even ask Israel to do this. They can't even stop building settlements or taking over Palestinian homes outside of their borders. Give it another 10 years and there will be nothing left of Palestine (or Palestinians).

edit on 20-5-2011 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Israel does not negotiate. They get what they want one way or another.

No way that policy would ever work in the US or Britain or anywhere else.

Israel is a different place though.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
reply to post by neo96

Exactly!!

Well we think we are America, so we feel we can do or tell anyone anything. We just forgot Israel was the one country we can not do anything to.

If any other country told the US to shrink their borders, the US would probably bomb them and say WHAT?? lol

Oh you are right, they are definitely neocons.

edit on 5/20/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

So you wouldn't have any problems if China wanted to do the same thing with Taiwan's land. They could claim the same BS Israel does, its a buffer zone or "It's our land we are the chosen idiots".

Securing a border is one thing but to take over another countries land to build new homes is wrong.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I love it. Here's Netanyahu telling Obama, "It's not going to happen." in a perfect Philadelphia accent. And he went on for nearly ten minutes while Obama sat there with his fist on his face not even twitching a muscle. Netanyahu basicall read Obama the riot act and told him to butt out. Priceless.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

No, I do not think it is right and I do not believe that I said that it was.
All I am saying is we should stay out of things like this and stop trying to solve everything in the world like we ruled the world. I am also saying that it was pointless to say to them to move back, knowing we would do nothing if they said no, and we knew they would say no. And when they did say no, like schuyler said, we just sat there.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101

And also, no non-Jew is allowed to be part of the government.

Lol, and can you imagine the furore if US or UK said Christians were banned from marrying Jews?

No double standards here.
edit on 20-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Israel is a little different than other countries. It was created by the UN specifically as a homeland for the Jewish people, many of whom had been displaced and had nowhere else to go. While their laws seem wrong to us, you can at least see where they came from. And I'd have to say some of their surrounding neighbors have laws that are much more discriminatory/lethal than theirs. Do you think the Muslims sit quietly by when a Christian and Muslim marry? Or when a woman gets uppity?

It's a whole different part of the world over there. Every country has some barbaric customs and laws, even ours. The Jew/Non-Jew thing is Israel is no worse and no better than you'll find elsewhere.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
21 May 2011:

Netanyahu responds to Obama; Saying we WILL NOT go back to 1967 borders

11 November 2010:

Joint Statement of the Office of the Prime Minister of Israel and The Office of the Secretary of State of The United States

The Prime Minister and the Secretary agreed on the importance of continuing direct negotiations to achieve our goals. The Secretary reiterated that "the United States believes that through good-faith negotiations, the parties can mutually agree on an outcome which ends the conflict and reconciles the Palestinian goal of an independent and viable state, based on the 1967 lines, with agreed swaps, and the Israeli goal of a Jewish state with secure and recognized borders that reflect subsequent developments and meet Israeli security requirements." Those requirements will be fully taken into account in any future peace agreement.

Text

Source : www.state.gov

.......... based on the 1967 lines, with agreed swaps...

Stated in a joint statement only seven months ago , why the `shock` Mr. Netanyahu?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sorry, I shouldn't have said "ours" referring to any particular country. I forget sometimes I'm talking to friends from all over the world. Shame on me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Kind of funny how Obama makes a speech and within 48 hours Netanyahu
has a White House meeting with full press coverage...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
who the hell does obama think he is

who are we to tell anyone anything.

When we basically fund their entire military, are responsible for their entire means of defense, and continue to throw money at them like it will never run out...

Then yeah, we get a say.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
IS THIS THE PEACE DEAL THAT GETS BROKEN??????
5/21/2001

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/282420ffa3a3.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure why we continue to play these silly games.

We pretend we care, but we don't. Israel doesn't seem to care much since it has the bigger stick and can put a serious hurt on the other guys. Why all the pretense and posturing?

Find land for the Palestinians.

1) Have Israel take it all.
2) Give it to Jordan or Egypt or someone
3) Recognize Palestine as it's own nation and help bring it into the modern age.

Those are really the only three options.

As for the U.S. support, it's hard to say we are fair and want to help each side when we give one side food and the other side bombs and gunships. That's not exactly even reasonably fair.

Just stop giving them money and tell them we will treat them like everyone else. Seems easy to me, but then again we are talking about 3 religions all concentrated on one spot, so rationality is out the window.

<<   2 >>

join