It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***** Mathew Twenty Four Thirty Six. *****

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Nobody ever gets my gender right! I aints a dude. I shoulda put (Miss) before my username, then. There's this photo of me (well, it's not -recent- ) I could put in the avatar box. But it would leave my u2u place filled with endless date offers. God ---- gave me beauty. ( A really long time ago.)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by prettygentle

Why cant you answer his questions? I would also like to know the answers.

It amazes me how people are constantly preaching the "truth" or whatever they call it, yet they cant even answer reasonable questions about how they came to know that truth. If you are so enlightened or whatever then why aren't you sharing your research and methods?

Faith is ridiculous, especially when that faith is based on what was written in a collection of books written by men and "eyewitnesses" not even alive or around at the supposed time of christ. A book compiled to control and manipulate the masses through fear and ignorance, which is still working to this day.

I can't effectively answer any questions posed by people who obviously will reject whatever I (or anyone else will) give them.

My answer is simply this: Belief and Faith. No more and no less.

When you have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ you just know. When you have that relationship there's no question of what is truth and what is not. It is revealed to you through Him. If you are not willing to commit to a relationship with Him, then your questions will never be answered. No one but God/Jesus Christ/the Holy Spirit can answer the questions to your satisfaction. I'm sorry, there is just no physical proof for me to offer you other than what is written in His Word. If you choose not to believe and not to have faith, there is no proof.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by prettygentle

I can't effectively answer any questions posed by people who obviously will reject whatever I (or anyone else will) give them.

How can you possibly know that? I think you cannot answer the questions and will constantly keep evading giving real answers. You are a fraud.

When you have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ you just know. When you have that relationship there's no question of what is truth and what is not. It is revealed to you through Him. If you are not willing to commit to a relationship with Him, then your questions will never be answered. No one but God/Jesus Christ/the Holy Spirit can answer the questions to your satisfaction. I'm sorry, there is just no physical proof for me to offer you other than what is written in His Word. If you choose not to believe and not to have faith, there is no proof.

We were given brains (along with many other things) for a reason: to use them. So why do you not use yours? Your religion is dangerous because it forbids or discourages use of what comes natural to us. What is the point if we were given all these gifts yet are forbidden from using them, and instead of thinking we just let others do the thinking for us? Wake up. And I bet on sunday you will have an excuse to explain the complete failure of the prophecy.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You wrote:

["And my question to you is if you're so bothered and put off by Christians,....."]

If you'd bothered to read the whole thread, you might have noticed, that I clearly state, that I'm not bothered by christians in general. While I personally consider most of the christianities absurd, this is not something I would make a campaign of. Everybody has a right to individual (or consenting group) ideas.

What I DO react negatively to is the implied form of fascistic ideology, which manifests in missionary attitudes, presentation of unverified 'absolutes' and other ways of presenting exclusive and elitist claims. I like Jihad and Hitler-jugend as little as I like christian soldiers and - missionaries.

Quote continued: ["....why are you on a forum about religious conspiracies?"]

What better place would there be, as I'm relatively un-interested in politics-of-the-day; another conspiracy subject. Besides I do know something about the various positions and methods used in trans-mundane speculations, so I'm rather at home on religious subjects.

Quote: ["You could easily ignore everyone who loves their God and live your own life..."]

So could you and all other missionaries, instead of wanting a monopoly of YOUR 'god' above that of other 'gods' or even coming here to fish for 'souls'. If you and likemionded wanted a private place tp preach and exchange whatever finer religious points you exchange, there are censored sites for that.

Quote: ["No one forces you to read these posts."]

No-one forces YOU (or anyone else) to read MY posts. Even less to answer them.

Quote: ["I mean no disrespect, but I was simply answering a question from someone else who posted."]

Disrespect is OK with me. And as you related to another post with an answer, so did I to you.

Quote: ["You are free to believe or not believe whatever you wish."]

You have trhe same rights, and as long as you stay inside the perimeter of secular, liberal, egalitarian democracy, people like me will be your greatest protection against competing elitist ideologies (e.g. old-time communism). I'm not here to try to take your civil rights away.

Quote: ["Fussing at and trying to disprove my beliefs and faith when you came here of your own free will...."]

By free will as you did, yes.

Quote continued: [".....doesn't seem like you want to live your life without Christian influences."]

Don't quite get that one. You mean I'm here from boredom and lack of anything else to do, so I've made christian-bashing a 'hobby', and I would miss it, if christians went silent.

Quote: [" I am by no means an extremist but I do love my God and my Saviour Jesus Christ and freely proclaim it."]

I don't consider myself to be an extremist either (unless anti-extremism can be extremism), and I consider your 'god' and especially 'redemption' doctrine as bosh and freely proclaim it, when preaching is happening.

Quote: ["I'm sorry if that offends you."]

Nope, offense starts with people expecting my intellect and knowledge be somewhere around susceptibility-level concerning rhetorics, semantic gymnastics and pseudologic.

Quote: ["maybe you should be in a different non-religious or non-Christian related thread?"]

I'm feeling fine here. Thank you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Exactly. That is why you know these people don't read their bible. Or they don't believe anything it says. Personally I hope they are all raptured out of here. I am so tired of listening to this BS. The media doesn't need to make these people look stupid they are doing that all by themselves. What the media is doing is bring in the clowns.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Originally posted by prettygentle

How can you possibly know that? I think you cannot answer the questions and will constantly keep evading giving real answers. You are a fraud.

I know that because I see it every day. No point in arguing about it.

We were given brains (along with many other things) for a reason: to use them. So why do you not use yours? Your religion is dangerous because it forbids or discourages use of what comes natural to us. What is the point if we were given all these gifts yet are forbidden from using them, and instead of thinking we just let others do the thinking for us? Wake up. And I bet on sunday you will have an excuse to explain the complete failure of the prophecy.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

The Bible tells us to study it for ourselves, not to follow blindly so that we might be deceived.

You must have mistaken me for someone else because at no time in this thread or in any other did I ever say that I believed Camping's prediction was true. Just for the record, as I have posted elsewhere in this forum, I do not believe that Camping is correct in his "prophecy." Even though I am sure he sincerely believes it himself.

And you mention my religion, I never mentioned "my religion", only that I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I don't claim to be affiliated with any religion.

My only job on this earth is to tell you what I know in my heart to be true (especially when asked). I don't have to prove anything because I can't prove anything. I can tell you what I feel, but I can't prove any of my feelings to anyone, I can only explain them the best I can.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to call me a fraud. I know what I feel. I wish you could feel it, too.

I'm sorry that you had to be hateful to me when I did nothing but try to answer someone's question. Obviously you are seeking the truth, but are not ready or willing to accept it. There's nothing more I can say.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I don't think people, especially Americans, take the "e" on the end of your name in to account, haha.

Sorry, Simon.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Nobody ever gets my gender right! I aints a dude. I shoulda put (Miss) before my username, then. There's this photo of me (well, it's not -recent- ) I could put in the avatar box. But it would leave my u2u place filled with endless date offers. God ---- gave me beauty. ( A really long time ago.)

Dudette then,

it's sometimes difficult to get it from the name alone.

(I can understand your problems with unwanted offers of marriage (or pre-marriage activities). I constantly recieve offers from ladies 40 years younger than me (I'm a dude), though I doubt they are interested in my former handsomeness. It mostly seems to be about negotiable affection.)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yeah, our --former-- "handsome"ness! The Lord giveth, and HighFructoseCornSyrup taketh away!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If I am to understand correctly on this rapture thing then a few astronomical events have to take place tomorrow:

1. Sun and moon darken.
2. Stars fall from heaven.
3. Powers of the heavens shaken.

Possible explanation

1. Thick cloud covering blocks out light or the sun shuts off.
2. Meteors and comets burn like bright stars as they fall to earth.
3. SOHO and satellites pick up strange movements of the planets and sun.

How do the Christian fundies know when the thief is coming? They don't.

I read a Catholic blog that said he changed his faith because Judgment day didn't come when the leaders said. The same will be true of this group. They will leave the faith because of the same reason. God wants you to live your life as if Judgment day is beyond your life time or is right around the corner. Then he can see where your true motives lie. Sorry, no rapture for hypocrites.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mactire

Messianic Judaism.

That is your answer. It has totally opened my eyes and my heart.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by Firefly_

Pretty nifty since the Tanakh has been around for longer than that, and the New Testament fully corresponds with the Old Testament if taken within the religion and culture it was primarily written for.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I just wish someone would tell me which time zone and which side of the International dateline this is supposed to happen. I sooooo want to play Zombieland.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Apparently 6:00PM each timezone

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
*****ERROR CORRECTION!!!*****

At the very beginning ("In the beginning...") of my Original Post, I spelled HEED, "head". Ohh Emm Geee. I can't possibly be that cognitively challenged. But I have strong faith that it is the ATS feature to blame. Have you ever noticed, when you are done making a post, theres all kinds of eff ups in it? Which you know for certain you couldn't possibly have been so careless and blind? (Yeah, and then it asks, "Reason for edit...") (Like I'm gonna put, "cuz I'm dumb and farsighted.")

So I blame that. (Should I say a Hail Mary before I post?)
edit on 20-5-2011 by simone50m because: Cuz I'm dumb and farsighted.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think the Rapture already happened. Only one person went with God. The Macho Man Randy Savage. They say he had a heart attack while driving and lost control of the car and this caused his death. I think The Macho Man's soul went with God and he was the only one raptured. This caused his body to die and his car to lose control.

It's just as believable a story as anything written in the Bible isn't it?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It happens because of the excitement in creating the thread. The brain blinds itself from seeing stupid errors. I've done it a number of times. I now create my posts in Word before putting them on the board. Even then I have to proof read it because a word can be spelled correctly but its the wrong word. I have reviewed some of my old threads that I didn't spell check and proof read. I was shocked and embarrassed.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Hell is a literal lake of fire,

so hell is the core of the earth then?

sheesh.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I work at a school, and some kids were asking about this May 21st thing yesterday. I said,well, people make predictions all the time. If your heart is right with the Lord, then it won't matter one way or the other. Don't you think? They liked the answer. Good thing, cause it was kinda short notice to give a reply.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
READ AND HEAD.

32 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh."

33 "So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

34 "Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fullfilled."

35 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."

36 "BUT OF THAT DAY AND HOUR KNOWETH *** NO *** MAN, NO, NOT THE ANGELS OF HEAVEN, BUT MY FATHER ONLY."

37 "But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

38 "For as in the days that were before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark."

GEORGE NOORY. SHAME ON YOU. ALL YOU HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO LATELY, IS GIVE PRESS TO THIS EVIL FALSE PROPHET. BECAUSE YOU ARE A NWO MSM SHILL.

THIS PSYOP IS TO MAKE CHRISTIANITY RIDICULABLE MORE THAN EVER. DON'T BUY INTO THE LIE.

edit on 20-5-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

Even if it i my last day, I could care less, I will do what I always do on a saturday, read, talk to friends, listen to ATS Live, and clean my room, the normal

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join