It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Tries to Kill Children, Self to Avoid 'the Tribulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Woman Tries to Kill Children, Self to Avoid 'the Tribulation

www.liveleak.com

There was not much of a story in the source as far as written words, but basically what has happened is. This woman has tried to kill herself and her 2 teenage daughters because she was scared of what the world is to become. From seeing what has happened in Japan to what is happening in the middle east. Also this was not mentioned in the news itself but I believe the rapture people believe is coming had something to do with this also.

edit on 20/5/11 by argentus because: Removed ex tags from member generated paragraph.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
To be honest I think this woman had to have been on some serious drugs, or was just on her whits end.

Nothing and I mean nothing would ever make me want to kill my kids I would want to try and protect them from any and every danger not put them directly in it by slitting their throats.

If the rapture is to happen or if we go to war with someone in the states you would think there would be a better alternative than this.

Just curious what you guys think about this. Do you see her being justified because they were her kids. Just because she gave life does not mean she has the right to take it away no matter what her feelings are.

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Are you waiting for someone to say she had a right to try this because of her religious beliefs & the fact that they're her kids??

>>crickets

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I must admit that I have often thought about chucking it all in and forcibly shuffling off this mortal coil. But then I think of how much I can or could achieve by not giving in to the whims of others who WOULD rather me not be here.
How much hassle can I give them over my lifetime, and besides my life is MINE to dictate not their's, sure they can give me clues as to their wants like the constant poisoning of my food and water, the constant bombardment by TV to follow the herd, but I say no thanks, I do what I want not what you say I should be doing.
People shouldn't let the world get to them to this extreme and not only take themselves out but also the ones they are supposed to die FOR not die with.
And besides if they really wanted to avoid the 'Tribulation' and think that the worlds going to hell in a handcart then surely you'd think they'd want to make the world right first? and then if that doesn't succeed, then leave the world to it?.
Or is that just my ***'ed way of thinking?.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I agree with you there.

On another note if they think the world is going to hell after they are dead the girls might go to heaven if you believe in heaven, but the mom sure is going to burn.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

This woman just needs to be locked up and forgotten about, next she will be saying that the terminators are after her.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crumbles
There was not much of a story in the source as far as written words,
Hidden, out in the open.

1st image in video. KTLA.
www.ktla.com...

I believe the rapture people believe is coming had something to do with this also.
Not only do they believe it is coming, but they believe they know when it is going to begin. Some have known for years, when jesus is coming back (At least they think they know). It is tomorrow!

Google, Bing, Yahoo, any search for-> May 21

I am not surprised at all, by what this woman did. I expect to see much more of this over the next couple days, and possibly even some mass suicides on Sunday, once they realize they are still here in the real world. Should lead to a realization, that they sold everything they owned, and spent all of their cash, but were wrong. OR they will think that it did happen, but they missed out, because they are not
worthy.

Lyn Benedetto, 47, reportedly told her daughters to lie on a bed and proceeded to take a knife to their throats.
Almost sounds as if the girls were ok with it. Laid there accepting it.
The wonderful brainwashings of religion.

Harold Camping and his devoted followers claim a massive earthquake will mark the second coming of Jesus, or so-called Judgment Day on Saturday, May 21, ushering in a five month period of catastrophes before the world comes to a complete end in October.

Camping's organization, Family Radio, is perfectly happy to take your money -- and in fact, received $80 million in contributions between 2005 and 2009. Camping founded Family Radio, a nonprofit Christian radio network based in Oakland, Calif. with about 65 stations across the country, in 1958.

Not even all of his own employees are convinced that the world is ending on Saturday. In fact, many still plan on showing up at work on Monday.

"I don't believe in any of this stuff that's going on, and I plan on being here next week," a receptionist at their Oakland headquarters told CNNMoney.

A program producer in Illinois told us, "We're going to continue doing what we're doing."
money.cnn.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is why rapture B.S isn't for everyone! It'll drive you insane quicker then conspiracy theories!This is unreal, you should love your kids not kill them. I guess people don't have common sense anymore. Oh well.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I am sorry but this has nothing to do with religious fundamentalism but only religious ignorance at best.

Consider that the Holy Bible says from 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Also upon further research the Holy Bible lists six people that committed suicide upon five of which were wicked taken from this source here.

Deny ignorance in all its forms please. This woman's behavior is not to be confused with religious fundamentalism but is only religious ignorance instead. There was absolutely nothing fundamental in her belief system.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Crazy housewives.

She is so gullible. I feel sorry for her children. I hope the father is more level headed.

$1 million bail?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Sadly I'm sure we are likely to hear more and more of these stories, not just because of this rapture bull but the 2012 rubbish too. But hey, it's another way to cut down the population I suppose.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
She should have simply killed herself. LEAVE THE KIDS of of it. Good God... Crazy women...
If anyone dies because of this hoax/revelation thing, I think this Camping guy should be arrested...
Conspiracy to commit murder of the second or third degree.

Oh, and if there WAS a rapture? She would be burning in hell right now. But you can't reason with the insane..
Just lock her up forever I guess.
edit on 5/21/2011 by Pharyax because: added more

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You know the irony in this..

Thou Shall Not Kill.

Ya Irony if you look it up on the internet you see this persons face as the definition.

top topics

join