It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence or ON to something

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Now, I just read on the news from the nasa folk that there is actually another storm in Saturn..a huge storm at that.

May 19, 2011: NASA's Cassini spacecraft and a European Southern Observatory ground-based telescope are tracking the growth of a giant early-spring storm in Saturn's northern hemisphere so powerful that it stretches around the entire planet. The rare storm has been wreaking havoc for months and shooting plumes of gas high into the planet's atmosphere.
Now, you may ask..well whats so strange..it happens.. well correct, there is one little comment that was put in between the lines that got me thinking..

"A storm like this is rare. This is only the sixth one to be recorded since 1876, and the last was way back in 1990."

I started thinking.what about those dates..suppose I could go back in time and see if these events correlate with what happens here..just for fun.. so I went to 1876 and checking around..I came across an entry reading..

Jun 15th - Tsunami's after earthquake floods NE coast of Japan, kills 28,000
.. wow.. but so..what.. I figured I go on forward all the way to 1990 and around the same month, I come across..

Jun 20th - 40,000-50,000 die in a (7.6) earthquake in Iran Jun 21st - 7.7 Earthquake with 100s of after shocks hits Iran; about 50,000 die
and I am totally stumped.. of course I am not "predicting" but I was wondering..do events on other planets ( I did read somewhere..) really affect ours in ways we have not yet understood ? whats your take on this?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is very interesting... but I think the distances are so massive that what happens in another planet's atmosphere isn't going to affect us at all.

If something happened to knock a planet out of the solar system completely I could see how it might... but I think the atmospheres are pretty self-contained.

Jupiter has had far worse storms & changes & none of them has affected earth.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
might have something to do with the sun and solar maximums ... or planetary alignments. that would be my guess.

is there a good place to check past planetary alignments? would be interesting to correlate the data from those dates to now

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

The Sun could be a factor here.. and to notice that in the month of May we had the Alignment except Saturn..like I said.. it needs further probing.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Very interesting, what I first thought though when I read your post was... maybe it's not Saturn that's causing these things to happen but some other body affecting Saturn, earth, and the rest of the planets ie: sun/whatever.
Anyways good post! It's always good to get the noggin up and running.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
its also interesting to note that in 1876 .. there was one major quake..while in 1990 we have several devastating ones...occurring during the same month..

Apr 26th - 126 die in a (6.9) earthquake in China May 29th - An earthquake hit Peru, killing 56 May 30th - 135 die in a (6.4) earthquake in Peru May 30th - Earthquake hit Peru, killing 135 Jun 20th - 40,000-50,000 die in a (7.6) earthquake in Iran Jun 21st - 7.7 Earthquake with 100s of after shocks hits Iran; about 50,000 die Jun 27th - Salman Rushdie, condemned to death by Iran, contributes $8600 to help their earthquake victims Jul 16th - 400 die in a (7.7) earthquake in Philippines Oct 29th - 30 die in a (5.7) earthquake in Algeria Dec 13th - Heavy earthquake strikes Sicily, 18 die

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

If saturn can effect earth then why not the earth be the cause of the storm on saturn. It has to work both ways. the earthquake in 1876 could be the cause of the storm on saturn. Everyone seems to think other planets can mess with earth but since earth is a planet i never hear of anyone saying that it causes problems with other planets.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Now..thats a thought.. I suppose Saturn being the Second biggest..its safe to assume the big bully

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Might be worth your while, OP, to track down the other years when the planet-wide storms were and see if they are also earthquake-heavy years.

If so, you may very well be on to something.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

on it..will post any findings..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
very interesting indeed. i don't care what 'credible' scientist say about bodies in our solar system NOT being the cause or having anything to do with large scale earthquakes or tsunami's. i am not a scientists, but i think to take the stance directly that one is in no way tied to the other is ridiculous. we KNOW that the moon is the cause for the regulation of the Earth's tidal waves in the ocean, so why wouldn't bodies in our solar system with a decent amount of mass affect gravitational based occurrences on neighboring bodies? science still knows very little(minute!) on the workings of our own planet so making definitive answers about the workings of space is plain stupid.

however seeings how the Earth has already been experiencing some of the worst recorded weather around the planet this year already i bet if something massive is to come out way in the next little while it will be written off by 'credible' scientists as the planets current 'Earth Changes'. something to keep a watch on though for us ATS. Great Find! S&F

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

well, I did some mining and came across this site that offered the following data..

The Great White Spot is the lesser known, Saturnian equivalent of Jupiter's Great Red Spot. It's the name given to periodic storms that flare up about every 28.5 years, previously showing up in 1876, 1903, 1933, 1960, and 1990.
and since we checked in 1876 as well as 1990, I decided to scout for the remaining years.. 1903 had a major quake ..

The 1903 Malazgirt earthquake struck Malazgirt of Muş Province in eastern Turkey on April 28, 1903. Registering a surface wave magnitude of 7.0,[2] the earthquake originated from a highly active seismic zone. It killed 3,500 people and 20,000 animals, destroyed 12,000 homes, and is now listed among the world's deadliest earthquakes in recorded history.

then in 1933 , March 11 (remember Japan 2011 ) ..this happened ..

The Long Beach earthquake of 1933 took place on March 10, 1933 at 17:55 PST (March 11, 01:55 UTC), with a magnitude of 6.4, causing widespread damage to buildings throughout Southern California. The epicenter was offshore, southeast of Long Beach on the Newport-Inglewood Fault. An estimated Fifty million dollars property damage resulted, and 120 lives were lost.[1] Many of these fatalities occurred as people ran out of buildings and were hit by falling debris.
.. then in 1960.. well.. 1960 was the mother of all SHTF...

The 1960 Valdivia earthquake or Great Chilean earthquake (Spanish: Gran terremoto de Chile/Valdivia) of 22 May 1960 is to date the most powerful earthquake ever recorded on Earth, rating 9.5 on the moment magnitude scale. It occurred in the afternoon (19:11 GMT, 14:11 local time) and its resulting tsunami affected southern Chile, Hawaii, Japan, the Philippines, eastern New Zealand, southeast Australia, and the Aleutian Islands in Alaska.

now ..should i get scared of Saturn ?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Going to stick my neck out here and post something that is a bit esoteric but does have a link to what has been posted here about all planets having an affect on each other. Tomorrow (21st...and since I picked this date I have found lots of things are supposed to be happening...we are already familiar with these!) I am leading a Meditation in the Garden workshop at my home. One of the meditations will be connecting our physical human Chakras, with the earths chakra points and then connecting them to the planetary chakras. I am hoping most of the readers of this thread will have some idea about our chakra's. The important thing to note is our root chakra is connected to the earths chakra which is in Sedona USA (anywhere New Madrid?) which in turn is connected to SATURN. I had no idea that this was going on, on Saturn. I have been watching world events unfold and there is a correlation with how humans are reacting all over the world with geological events which are happening at the various earth chakras. I have no idea about what is going on at each of the planets, maybe somebody could give me a heads up of any unusual events that have happened say in the last six months on any of the planets please?

rainbows
Jane
edit on 20-5-2011 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

PS I had to make an edit because for some unknown reason I kept typing Jupiter instead of Saturn. Then I realised something else, Jupiters earth chakra is in the Arctic i.e North Pole.....possible pole shift accidental warning?

edit on 20-5-2011 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
hmm..that thing about the chakras.. let me do some further research on other planets in our Solar System.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yes .. Its my understanding, that the earth changes, that are happening just now, are also happening on other planets, as well as the sun.

This suggests, the effects we are seeing on the planets, are being caused as a result of changes within the Sun ..
or
The changes, within the planets, and the sun, are a result of some other cause .. possibly .. from out with our solar system ..

Possibly, related to this crossing of the galactic equator that some say technically doesn't exist beyond our human concept ... others say we are apparently nearing it ..

edit on 20-5-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kassych
hmm..that thing about the chakras.. let me do some further research on other planets in our Solar System.

Please and thank you! That would be great....even greater if there is something. Would be stupendous if there is something that does match the chakras.....given that I haven't told you them yet!
Bugger will have to try and find a link to something now to prove/show chakra links so you will know I am not making it up! Lol! That's OK I love a challenge, even if I am trying to finish arrangements in my garden for tomorrow......hope the tsunami/earthquake/Elenin/ET's et all hold off till sunday!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Originally posted by kassych

Please and thank you! That would be great....even greater if there is something. Would be stupendous if there is something that does match the chakras.....given that I haven't told you them yet!
Bugger will have to try and find a link to something now to prove/show chakra links so you will know I am not making it up! Lol! That's OK I love a challenge, even if I am trying to finish arrangements in my garden for tomorrow......hope the tsunami/earthquake/Elenin/ET's et all hold off till sunday!

Rainbows
Jane

challenges are great..

The 7 chakras as explained here do talk of a great deal, as it is shown..

1. Muladhara - root chakra

The first chakra: also called "the root chakra", or “Muladhara”, is located at the base of the spine. It is linked to survival instincts and our ability to ground ourselves in the physical world. Blockage manifests as paranoia, and defensiveness.
but it does relate this sense of belonging..foundation..stability with earth..

Associated with Physical identity, oriented to self-preservation. This chakra forms our foundation. It represents the element earth, and is therefore related to our survival instincts, and to our sense of grounding and connection to our bodies and the physical plane. Ideally this chakra brings us health, prosperity, security, and dynamic presence. Survival.

2. Svadhisthana - Sacral

This is Similar to the root ( earth) though it tends to be more sensual..

The second chakra, located in the abdomen, lower back, and sexual organs, is related to the element water, and to emotions and sexuality. It connects us to others through feeling, desire, sensation, and movement. Ideally this chakra brings us fluidity and grace, depth of feeling, sexual fulfillment, and the ability to accept change. Sensation
this also applies to the 3. Manipura - third chakra..

The plane of Manipura Chakra encompasses karma, charity, atonement for one's errors, good company, bad company, selfless service, sorrow, the plane of dharma, and the celestial plane.

4. anahata - heart
This has to do with your heart, faith and spiritual matters..so as it were.. we could look to it as a preparation to experience more than what we have come to know this far..straight from the root chakra..upwards.

5. Vishudda -throat
refers to creativity and communication, intelligence and wisdom..

One who enters Vishudda Chakra becomes master of his entire self. Here all elements (tattvas) dissolve into pure and self-luminous akasha. Only the tanmatras remain--the subtle frequencies of those elements.

but what relates to the planets?

The ruling planet of Vishudda Chakra is Jupiter, which in Sanskrit is called Guru, the one who imparts knowledge.

6. Ajna - third eye..

oh, yeah..most of us have tried to "open" and some still are..

Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection. This chakra is known as the brow chakra or third eye center. It is related to the act of seeing, both physically and intuitively. As such it opens our psychic faculties and our understanding of archetypal levels. When healthy it allows us to see clearly, in effect, letting us "see the big picture." Intuitive.
from this.. it is safe to say that we really do not have to "physically be" but it is more of the seeing the unseen and understanding how it plays out. When we do get data.. we try to be intuitive and spot the not so obvious and what this chakra does is allow us to open our minds to spot signs here and there..

7. sahasrara -crown

Attaining this will allow the yogi to be at one with the universe.. The body being a microcosm

When the Kundalini is raised up to Sahasrara Chakra, the illusion of "individual self" is dissolved. The yogi becomes realized, one with the cosmic principles that govern the entire universe within the body
then I figure that these chakras if properly understood will allow the practitioner to correlate what is happening in the macrocosm with what is going on internally.

Conclusion

I think we as humans (collectively) react according to the level of chakra awareness we are in.. whether we are active participants in Chakra meditation or by-standers.. we are all affected and if one was to be the passive observer of events here on earth and the universe at large.. the pattern is all there.. we are the affected. In fact it prompts me to ask.. (pandoras box) is human behavior then a result of cosmic activity affecting our bodies thereby encountering individual states of whom are manifesting the state currently dominant in their microcosm in addition to the affecting the physical ( Earth Plane)?
edit on 20/5/11 by kassych because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately we don't have the scientific technology to make accurate correlations on this. Seismic sensors on Saturn or any way to find/record readings in the Solar System a la Star Ttrek. But, if you look at the OP with freak storms on Saturn and then look at the news (national MSM) and see the freak snow storms in Wyoming, a drought in South Louisiana (usually a state with more water than Atlantis...lol), the winter storms that are just now causing the Mississippi River to flood, etc... it's easy to make the assumption of a connection. Not to mention the earthquakes over the past few months.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

Some places might give you different planet associations. What would be interesting is if there have been any activities on any of the other planets in the last 6 months. I am fully aware of all the chakra info, but thank you for posting it for other people who might be interested.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Apex Predator

No, I believe there is I believe a connection with the following planets too, namely, Pluto, Neptune, Mars, Uranus, Mercury and Jupiter as I mentioned earlier besides what is going on now with Saturn. So any information about activity on any of these planets in the last 6 months would be much appreciated.
Rainbows
Jane

<<   2 >>

join