It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye Spy: Monocle Gives Commandos Drone Vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Eye Spy: Monocle Gives Commandos Drone Vision

So when Stanbro retired from the military in 2004, he put his energies into shrinking everything down and making it lighter and more physically intuitive. It led him to build something called the Mover-IV. The foot-long black push-button device looks like a standard radio. In fact, it’s a receiver for real-time video that patches into an eyepiece to display the feed. Weighs just three pounds. He’s sold more than 100 of them to the U.S. Special Operations Command.

It works with more than drones. If there’s a manned spy plane overhead, the Mover-IV just needs the frequency or the band over which it securely broadcasts to receive the video feed, a process of pressing two buttons on the device. “Personal experience” got him several of those frequencies, he says.

Source

Very interesting, the instrument that I've only read about in Sci-Fi and add to some of my "Sci-Fi" drawings has come true besides of what is already out there as a gaming eyepiece.. It can open computer user technology to have it as a bigger option, let's say for gaming. Progressing to a smaller scale as it evolves as a product.

At the same time, it can make you nervous. Drones, not just lone robotics. but attached to people. Or even androids, as the inventor says the Mover-IV is better than drones, with drone vision on their way
Reminds me of the article, about a month ago, about facial recognition goggles or glasses being used in So. America.
edit on 19-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

edit on 20-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

new topics

join