It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former "alarmist" scientist says Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) based in false science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Former "alarmist" scientist says Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) based in false science

www.davidicke.com

David Evans is a scientist. He has also worked in the heart of the AGW machine. He consulted full-time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part-time 2008 to 2010, modeling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. He has six university degrees, including a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.

He makes clear he understands that CO2 is indeed a “greenhouse gas”, and makes the point that if all else was equal then yes, more CO2 in the air should and would
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Great story emerging that will send another much needed broadside into the man-made climate change bandwagon.

Following the email leaks about 'fixing' the figures and the growing awareness to what a scam / racket the environmentalists have been steering this is welcoming.

Incidentally, in the UK the governments are introducing more 'green' scheme's to make travel much more expensive!

www.davidicke.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Both extremes of this issue seem to miss the big picture if you ask me.

But yeah, all the "industry pollution causes global warming" stuff is a scam endorsed by the Rothschilds, to try to create a "carbon credit" system where only their industries would be allowed to operate, and no others would be able to afford to operate. Just like the Federal Reserve for industries.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is what I don't understand and this is why i don't like the global warming angle. Fact: We are using resources on this planet at a rate that is impossible to sustain. Fact: Our consumer and industrial based system is polluting and destroying ecosystems that keep us alive left and right. Fact: This is contributing to mass extinctions and poisoning our food supply, water supply and air.

Why are we focusing on whether global warming is man made or not? Lets say it's some crazy earth thing that happens apart from humans, so what? We are still destroying our natural environment and killing ourselves and the other species on this planet along with it. Why don't we focus on what needs to be done in order to continue living on this planet?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

The biggest goof of all on this subject to me is Al Gore's blatant mis-interpretation of the CO2 / temperature patterns from the Vostok Ice Core...

Check the arrow..

Link...

The Global Warming movement is the biggest damn propaganda tool of this century. The only thing consistent about the earth that we know of IS climate change..

edit on 19-5-2011 by rstregooski because: word

edit on 19-5-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
This is what I don't understand and this is why i don't like the global warming angle. Fact: We are using resources on this planet at a rate that is impossible to sustain. Fact: Our consumer and industrial based system is polluting and destroying ecosystems that keep us alive left and right. Fact: This is contributing to mass extinctions and poisoning our food supply, water supply and air.

Why are we focusing on whether global warming is man made or not? Lets say it's some crazy earth thing that happens apart from humans, so what? We are still destroying our natural environment and killing ourselves and the other species on this planet along with it. Why don't we focus on what needs to be done in order to continue living on this planet?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

All governments have to do is force manufacturing firms, especially chemical plants and oil distelleries to use anti-pollution filters and develop a catalytic converter for diesel engines because most of the pollution comes from trucks and busses.

Then stop allowing the dumping of raw sewage and dangerous chemicals into bodies of water. Stop dumping garbage into huge landfill sites and resort to burning garbage just like in the past. Intensify recycling efforts of glass, paper, metals, plastic, etc by making it more profitable or force state and local authorities to take this up. Whatever works best is ok with me.

Fact of the matter is big business gets away with murder and authorities are cracking down on mom and pop stores only. They are easy prey I guess. The problem is we always get a conservative government regardless if we vote left and right. Politics are rigged primarily for the wealthy and their selfish interests!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You guys should try reading the actual article, and not jsut Icke's nonsense response.

Evans' point is that the watervapour "multiplier" that was presumed to exist in teh 1980's apparently does not (although with only a handful of people saying so I'll wait for a bit more before I state that as fact).

He has no doubt that anthropogenic global warming exists - the only question is how MUCH warming exists -

But the issue is not whether carbon dioxide warms the planet, but how much.

So no scam, no hoax, no illumiinati family out to put everyone else bankrupt!
But very possibly the SCIENCE changing BASED ON EVIDENCE.......ie as new info comes along the scientific paradigm changes to fit .....it's called het "scientific method" - go look it up!

It doesn't happen at once, but if he's right then the global warming "industry" will be quite different in 10 years time.

And we'll still be running out of oil.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
...and develop a catalytic converter for diesel engines because most of the pollution comes from trucks and busses.

Deny ignorance - catalytic converter for diesel engines

Better is to ship more stuff by ships and train, and have more people travel my mass transport systems, so as to use less fuel in hte first place.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
One thing not in dispute is that the temperature is rising way outside of normal activity. It has been on a spike upwards since around the 1920's so make of that what you will..it is just a fact.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

All governments have to do is force manufacturing firms, especially chemical plants and oil distelleries to use anti-pollution filters and develop a catalytic converter for diesel engines because most of the pollution comes from trucks and busses....

Unfortunately that has to be done world wide or the corporate cartels just move to an unregulated country and dump nasty chemicals into the environment.

It is a very good reason for getting rid if the WTO and placing high tariffs on goods from pollution ridden countries. You also allow those countries to use tariffs to keep out subsidized USA and EU grain that is used to bankrupt small farmers, thus driving them to the cities where they form a labor pool desparate for a job at slave wages and working conditions.

It is a really vicious cycle first perfected here in the USA and then exported worldwide in the 1970's see History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job

If you bother to think there are three control points: Food, Energy and Money. TPTB is working to get complete control of all three.

Global Warming is the strategy for grabbing control of energy.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
...and develop a catalytic converter for diesel engines because most of the pollution comes from trucks and busses.

Deny ignorance - catalytic converter for diesel engines

Better is to ship more stuff by ships and train, and have more people travel my mass transport systems, so as to use less fuel in hte first place.

Well if they do exist they are not very popular because in most european nations those trucks and buses pollute like a bitch. In the article it says "In the U.S., all on-road heavy-duty vehicles powered by diesel and built after January 1, 2007, must be equipped with a catalytic converter and a diesel particulate filter.[7]" but makes no mention of other legislation.

Deny Ignorance

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

well my 2006 diesel has both cat and egr in uk

new topics

top topics

join