It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra...my theory that there is a VAMPIRE virus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on the chupacabra sensation since it began. I was enlisted in the Army stationed in Alaska when I believe the first reports began.

There were quite a few members in my unit that were from the island of Puerto Rico. One weekend, they all began receiving phone calls from their relatives telling them something was loose on the island. They said it was some experiment from the labs there.

Being curious I asked the fellow soldiers what they thought about it, they (it was about 3 of them) were all astounded and thought it must be something logical as an answer. They totally believed their familiy members, but just couldn't believe a "monster" was real.

I did a little research then, I believe it was like '94 and was introduced to the term "chupacabra". Quickly, my information was exhausted and I listened and watched for more. I noticed how years later, there were reports that the chupa was migrating to America, particularly South Florida.

Now mind you, the description of chupas on the island of Puerto Rico, was a creature that was usually humanoid, with red eyes, opposable thumbs, bounded like a kangaroo, quills on the back and the ability to either jump really far or fly.

Witnesses state that the creatures didn't necessarily display a fear of humans, but a rather nonchalant attitude. When they were discovered, the creature would stare at the person and begin casually moving off. Not in a hurry, but definately moving off. It was stated that if the person got to close or made an aggressive move, the quills on the creatures back would quiver and most witnesses state they felt the creatures could shoot the quills out in defensive manner.

I began hearing descriptions of chupas in Florida, Mexico, and Texas that were different from what I was accustomed too. The descriptions of chupas in the states, described the animals as being canine in appearance. Same glowing red eyes and very pronounced canines. No quills on the back and no ability to fly or jump really far.

A few years ago I was at another site discussing cryptozoology, it was a site that was created because of some show that used to show on sci-fi channel. Well, they had a show concerning the chupa and I did what I usually did, I checked out the show to see persons thoughts. There was the usual people who didn't believe and people who did and those on the fence, all having discussion. A person who was new to the site then dropped a statement that stuck with me.

This guy stated that he was a elderly guy who lived near Daytona Beach (which is central Florida). He stated that he watched the show and the things they were talking about are real and he's afraid of them because they frequent the edge of his property which is a creek in his backyard. He said he see them at dusk out there walking around. Here's where it stuck with me: He said that the creatures walk around on their toes like deer! I had never heard this characteristic described. It was his one and only post ever and the tone was really of someone who was afraid and not usually on the net.

This event was in like '07.

Fast forward to '09 and there's a show on NeoGeo that is discussing chupas. It's the one where the woman found a couple and put one in her truck and had it examined. The results I believe was that the creature was some type of hybrid, possible red wolf and dog. It hit me like a hammer when she, or one of the other witnesses stated that the creatures walk high on their toes............LIKE DEER!

How could that be and where did this come from? Did the people on this documentary read the same post I had two years ago and decide to include it in their account? Possible.

I noticed how the animals that were examined, the vetenarians almost want to say that the corpse is a dog or a coyote or wolf, etc., but there's something different. The canines are very exaggerated and there is the extra skin or "mass" on the animals back. It's as if the animal had changed...instead of the usual canine build, they were suddenly like weasels with the hump in the back movement.

I couldn't put any sense in the chupacabra mystery because why are the two animals so different depending upon location? Those in North America are described as canine, while those in Puerto Rico and South America are humanoid.

A researcher made the guess that the people in puerto rico and S. America are seeing monkeys which are common there, while people in the U.S. are seeing coyotes or dogs. He gave a pretty good argument up until he had to explain why the monkeys (as he explained them) were killing rather large animals and drinking their blood. He could do this with dogs and coyotes, but he couldn't do this with monkeys. While monkeys will occassionally take a small animal as a snack, a monkey would never attempt to make a meal of a animal the same size or larger than itself. However, the witnesses in P.R. and S. America state the creatures were killing animals from chickens, to goats and dogs,to even cattle.

From nowhere it hit me...at first I was like...naw, that's crazy to even suggest. To think that perhaps there is something, a virus, something, that is capable of changing the two different animals into the chupacabra. Perhaps in P.R. and S.A., the virus affects monkeys for whatever reason. In N. America, the virus is affecting canines!

This would explain why chupas in P.R. are humanoid, as monkeys are, and why in America they are canine, because we don't have monkeys.

As of right now I find it unlikely, unless the virus was created. Just a really, really out there theory.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

That's actually a fairly impressive theory, regardless of if you're back story really is true (I believe you, but I'm just saying your theory is still credible). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.. it makes sense, and it kind of reminds me of some kind of Mad Cow disease or Rage virus (like in the movie 28 days later), but it's probably slow to spread, or may even spread by bite, which is why there are so few others, as most of the ones that are bitten just end up getting killed.

There's another thread I just spotted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
'Two Chupacabra carcasses found.'
edit on 19-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They can't walk on their toes like deer!!

Deer don't have toes!!!

Check out the Chupacabra episode of "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Studies" should be on the Science Channel, but that episode is amazing because they actually examine the carcass of one of these things and take DNA samples. I won't ruin it for you so go watch it for yourself!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've seen several websites of those with pics that were sure they were Chupacabra.

But those found and tested have mostly been animals with mange....

racoons, coyotes, etc....

I think of it like bigfoot, if we haven't found one by now, we never will and they don't exist. They are animals with medical problems and most die from their diseases and are eaten by other animals before they're ever found.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
They can't walk on their toes like deer!!

Deer don't have toes!!!

Check out the Chupacabra episode of "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Studies" should be on the Science Channel, but that episode is amazing because they actually examine the carcass of one of these things and take DNA samples. I won't ruin it for you so go watch it for yourself!!

Well, I'm a little rusty on the deer anatomy but isn't their hooves their toes? If not, you can ascertain what is meant by "they walk on their toes".

I saw the examination and it's as I state (if we're talking about the same one). The vet said the animal appeared to be a coyote or dog, which would be his stance, but he couldn't explain the deformity on its rear back. The DNA result was that the animal was a hybrid of coyote and something else they couldn't be sure, probably a red wolf.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
I've seen several websites of those with pics that were sure they were Chupacabra.

But those found and tested have mostly been animals with mange....

racoons, coyotes, etc....

I think of it like bigfoot, if we haven't found one by now, we never will and they don't exist. They are animals with medical problems and most die from their diseases and are eaten by other animals before they're ever found.

I agree that alot of the animals found were simply mange victims. My problem with some of the specimen is that you can see how robost and deadly some of the carcasses were. The ones I've seen, you can, judging by the teeth, ascertain that the animal wasn't starving and suffering.

Bigfoot is another issue. The reason bigfoot hasn't been confirmed to us, is because most people think bigfoot is a animal like a primate. When actually bigfoot is as intelligent as a human. So think of a person, that is adapted to living in the wild, knows the land extremely well and is intelligent. Do you think you would find one just dead on the side of the road? Do you think you would find one dead in the woods if the creatures are as intelligent as us? No.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I hear ya, I just don't believe in either.

There's not enough, or any at all, proof/evidence for me logically to take that leap of faith.

Until there's actual evidence instead of pictures or stories, it's just not worth taking my time.

IMO.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

I understand.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

To be perfectly honest, this is probably the craziest explanation for the chupacabra phenomenon I've read so far, but damn, it's interesting. Vampire apocalypse, here I come!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pikappa

Have you followed the chupacabra phenom? It's a hypothesis that just popped in my head. Why are the chupas in Latin America and the Carribean huminoid, while ours in America are canine? They do the same sort of things, so I doubt there are two previously unknown species that have the same behavior. There must be something that alters existing species. I also obtain this from supposed chupa bodies being examined and the evidence indicates they are hybrids.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In my opinion when it comes to Chupacabra's and the dogs/coyotes/etc that are being found in the Southern United States is that they are two different things.

I dont understand how the dogs/coyotes/etc started getting labeled as Chupacabra's. Perhaps it was just because some people didnt know what they were or something.

Your theory is a very interesting one, let me ask you..why would the virus only be limited to Monkey's and dogs? Not birds, cats, etc.

Cheers

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't find this all that compelling. Though I find it very interesting on the level that someone can claim a vampire virus, when a back story about Cow Zombie Virus (creutzfeldt-jakob disease) would be a bit more believable.

Just Saying.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

iv studied the chupacabra for many years never fully satisfied with information i come across to fully prove or disprove this creature existed, and never once had i though virus, mayb im getting older lol. i had wondered about mutations though, as in due to toxic waste etc but never anything conclusive.

irregardless if this is a mutation, a virus, a freak of nature, an alien or just some animal we already know that is really hungry and has bad mange lol i still find it a fascinating subject

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
In my opinion when it comes to Chupacabra's and the dogs/coyotes/etc that are being found in the Southern United States is that they are two different things.

I dont understand how the dogs/coyotes/etc started getting labeled as Chupacabra's. Perhaps it was just because some people didnt know what they were or something.

Your theory is a very interesting one, let me ask you..why would the virus only be limited to Monkey's and dogs? Not birds, cats, etc.

Cheers

I was of the mind that they were two different things as well, but they are said to have the same habit of drinking blood, glowing red eyes and pronounced canine teeth.

I have no idea why the virus (if it even exists) is limited to canines and monkeys. Perhaps, as my fellow soldiers from Puerto Rico eluded too, it was created in the lab on their island specifically for monkeys or canines. Or perhaps it does affect other species as well and those chupas just haven't been witnessed?

Again, my theory is just a stab in the dark. I theorize this because I have followed the examinations of several suspected chupas, and the examiner always comes to the conclusion that, "Well...it's a dog/coyote...but it's also 'something' else." They never just straight up state it's a dog with mange as many skeptics will label the chupa. Besides, have you ever seen a dog with mange healthy enough to kill cattle?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

My apologies...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Agreed! The subject and history of the chupacabra is absolutely fascinating too me.

new topics

top topics

join