It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human/Dolphin translation machine invented!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A dolphin translation device, hmmmm. Reminds me of the Far Side cartoon that went like this:

What we say to dogs:

"Okay Ginger! I've had it! You stay out of the garbage! Understand, Ginger? Stay out of the garbage or else!"

What dogs hear:

"blah blah GINGER blah blah blah blah blah blah GINGER blah blah...."

SMR

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dolphin:
Excuse me, sir.
Can you please remember when your strapping that bomb around my body, that it indeed becomes untied.
K, THX ! - - - - - WOLVERINES !!!!
=====================================

How about attempt to access the fountains of knowledge possessed by our closest living buddy, the ape

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

rofl. That's the best line I've seen yet.

This concept sounds like a hoax to me. How about a dog translation machine? That would be something. Probably get a lot more useful information out of that, considering we've been paired with them for centuries. Or a honeybee translation machine? "Hey! Stop planting crap in my flowers jerks!"

Time will tell...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Wouldn;t you first have to understand the other's language in its entirety--which for dolphins would go far beyond vocalizations--before you can create a computer interface for translation?

Surely it would work only one way from dolphins to human understanding. How would you say, "Please pickup the kids at the mall at 6 o'clock for me?"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Check out this ATS thread.

There isn't much research done and not many links, but the concept is interesting.

The thread suggests that Dolphins are our ancestors and that if you simulate how a human may evolve in a water-environment, that we would evovle and look near identical to Dolphins. Interesting thought.

Honestly, evolving into a lifestyle of peace and happiness and freedom, while living in the Earth's oceans - sounds just awesome to me!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff3eeb1f21fe.jpg[/atsimg]

Dolphins are undoubtedly HIGHLY intelligent, i wonder what wisdom they could share? I wonder what history they could tell? Perhaps first contact will be with Dolphins and not ETs?
edit on 18-5-2011 by srsen because: (no reason given)

Don't want to be a debbie downer here, but survival in the wild, in this case the ocean(s) can be downright brutal...so I don't think that it would be peaceful. Well...at least all the time.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
upiside I would like to have a gadjet that can help me talk to dolphins while I surf.
downside, they may end up being used as weapons of war.
Mr Limpet anyone?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've felt for years that Dolphin's are in some way actually more intelligent than we are. I have no proof or anything, just a hunch, they seem so concious.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

and no we would not evolve just like them, nor are we evolved from them.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Gleen the knowledge of the noble Dolphin. What it ends up being is first five years of slamming humanity, then five years of lawsuits against us followed by stints hosting NBC News, American Idol, and being elected Governor of California. We soon all give up fish and re-name Bass Pro Shop and the Miami Dolphins.. Before you know it one is dating your daughter and handing you a lay off notice because the new Pacific Floor factory does not want you. Yea lets talk to the Dolphins.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
Well, dolphins are territorial, we are too, they give themselves names, we do too, they give themselves surname, we do too, they make war, we do too... What is there to learn if they are our ancestors on the evolutionary scale?

I think we could be surprised at their view of the world and we probably will learn a thing or two. Like how to kill a shark ramming it full speed with our nose...

EDIT: Looking at the dolphins pics, I thought; "They are our grey ancestors and the Greys are sometimes thought to be future humans..." Hmmmmm....
edit on 18-5-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

they give themselves names, we do too, they give themselves surname, we do too, they make war, we do too

I would like to see your source for this one.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Finally! This is so awesome. I can't wait. I always said that if I had to be re-incarnated on Earth I would want to come back as a dolphin.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
If we do end up being able to directly communicate with dolphins I could see them one day being labeled as intelligent genus with humans being the only other one. They could be given their own rights just like you and I have.

YES they should have full rights!

They should be released from their Zoo prisons, given full rights to live a free and ahppy existence. No more killing Dolphins/Cetaceans for food, no more killing Dolphins/Cetaceans for science.

FULL RIGHTS. Anyone inteferring with those rights should be tried in a criminal court. Simple.

And all apes should be protected. They actually can communicate with us using sign language without the need for a translator machine.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Imagine a cultural exchange program between our two species. Perhaps we could team up to invent viable space travel..

Or perhaps dolphin's have already invented it...

To add, how would it affect shipping lanes, international law if dolphin's are indeed determined to be sentient beings
edit on 19-5-2011 by DocEmrick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Ok I remember something from years ago about finding a dolphin with an extra set of fins. They are supposed to be reminants of legs.

And now the extraordinary discovery of a bottlenosed dolphin with an extra set of flippers has provided living proof of the theory. At first glance it looks like any other of its kind. But closer inspection reveals a rogue set of rear fins.

Each the size of a human hand, the fins are thought to be the remains of a pair of hind legs, adding to evidence that dolphins once walked on all fours

From what I understand is that fossils were found of dolphins from when they were a 4 legged creature. Perhaps they will have stories passed down generation to generation about this?

It is thought the dolphin's land-loving ancestors first crawled into the sea to escape predators or seek food between 50million and 35million years ago. Their hind legs became smaller and smaller before eventually disappearing altogether. The new aerodynamic shape reduced drag in the water, speeding their swimming.

Visit the link for a picture and article. What I want to know though, is did they kill this wonderful creature?

Dolphin with four-wheel drive stuns the scientists

edit on 19-5-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)
Why do they think this is a left-over trait from the past. Maybe they are evolving back into land mammals to come and reclaim the land masses (and the world) because we are destroying it!!!!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Finally, them Japanese have been slaughtering them for years now, i bet theyre smarter than us, theres sort of a conspiracy about dolphins as well it says that the Dolphins were originated on another planet, and they requested telepathically to be sent to other planets, because their language is basically a long song, and o n their home planet their song was complete, they wanted to expand their song so they came here.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
A conversation between a Japanese person and a dolphin would be extremely awkward.

What? What does that mean? I don't get it...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Non sentient persons? Is anyone else disturbed by their calling these useless animals who have contributed nothing to the development of our world, persons???

Wow. Talk about degrading the dignity of man.

I like dolphins, i find them cute and loveable. I even think they are one of the smartest of animals. But calling them 'persons' is absurd.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

US Scientists have announced that they will soon be testing a newly invented Human/Dolphin communication device in an attempt to access the fountains of knowledge possesed by Dolphins.

See the New Scientist article here, where it dicusses the device and its uses.

In recent times, dolphins have begun to be seen as more than just an aquatic mammal. They have receieved the status of 'sentient beings' and have recently been described in this article as 'non-human persons'.

So the implications of being able to converse with Dolphins??? Share your thoughts

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6fcbaf92cd9.jpeg[/atsimg]

Kind of a misleading title to the post....just because it has supposedly been invented, they don't yet know if it will work...

A DIVER carrying a computer that tries to recognise dolphin sounds and generate responses in real time will attempt to communicate with wild dolphins off the coast of Florida. If the bid is successful, it will be a big step towards two-way communication between humans and dolphins.

edit on 19-5-2011 by eNaR because: Grammar correction

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wahhhhhhh! This is very, very freaking awesome!

And of course, I almost passed out from joy when I learned that we could use sign language to communicate with other primates. Clearly, that wouldn't work so well with a species that has flippers instead of hands.

edit on 19-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: Someone already beat me to a "so long, and thanks for all the fish" joke.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dolphins have been translated, here is a video of what they said.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join