It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians secretly added to U.S. security list: WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Canadians secretly added to U.S. security list: WikiLeaks

www.cbc.ca

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service, Canada's principal intelligence agency, routinely transmits to U.S. authorities the names and personal details of Canadian citizens who are suspected of, but not charged with, what the agency refers to as "terrorist-related activity."

The criteria used to turn over the names are secret, as is the process itself.

Canadians have a constitutional right to privacy and to protection from unreasonable search and seizure, said Ruby.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As far as this secret report dates back it hasn't been that many names that were submitted.

But is Canada still a sovereign nation?
Is Canada cooperating too much with the U.S.?
How much information does Canaga give the U.S.?

Anytime someone flies from Montreal to Vancouver all information is sent to the U.S. because they fly over U.S. airspace.

Thoughts ATS?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah we know what your doing up there with your hockey and your um....... free health care your a bunch of Secret terrorist Ahy. You can tell Jorge St Pierre that i said! wait........ Mexico said hes a pussy yeah that's it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

But is Canada still a sovereign nation?
Is Canada cooperating too much with the U.S.?
How much information does Canaga give the U.S.?

Anytime someone flies from Montreal to Vancouver all information is sent to the U.S. because they fly over U.S. airspace.

Last time I checked Canada is almost completely independant of Britain. Sure, the Queen still appoints our Governor General, but that's it. I do think that we work with the US more than we should. As far as flying from Montreal to Vancouver, no plane flies into US airspace. It's clear sailing across the prairies, with maybe a pitstop in Calgary going from Montreal, and stopping in Winter-Peg(Winnipeg, for you non-Canucks) going from Vancouver. However, as for the intel-swapping, it is known that terrorists like to hide in Canada from the US because our immigration laws suck. Our co-operation with the US makes for tracking illegal immigrants and potential terrorists easier, I'm guessing.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I'm on that list.

But eh, what the hell. Being on the terrorist watchlist of the insane US government proves you're a good guy.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
if it like the american terror watchlist for ther own citizens(which i assume it is) than i wonder how many of us up here have the potential to end up pn this list

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I blame achmed

top topics

join