It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Farmers Face 'Exploding' Watermelon Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Exploding melons huh? First analogy was that a growth hormone/agent was used days before the melons began exploding, but other other farmers in the same area experienced exploding melons also, without the treatment.
The melons are all from Japanese seeds(surely they were not exposed to radiation?
), and this is the only constant factor.

He said he had used chemicals to boost their growth on 6 May, and the following day more than 180 melons exploded. Mr Liu was reported to be the only farmer from the 10 households who used chemicals.

Wang Dehong, who has been farming watermelons for 20 years, couldn't understand why his fruit also exploded as he had not used any chemicals.

Agricultural experts investigating the incident were unable to offer an explanation.

www.bbc.co.uk...

China Central Television said farmers were overspraying their crops with the growth promoter, hoping they could get their fruit to market ahead of the peak season and increase their profits.

I can't think of anything else that would cause this, than additives/chems. Unless it was super hot, but that does not seem to be the case.

Peace,
spec
edit on 18-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh my God, it is late and I read your title wrong. I thought Farmers faces were exploding like watermelons. I'm glad to see it inst that serious, I need to sleep now.

S&F by the way
edit on 18-5-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Well now you can rest easy!

Just don't buy any Chinese watermelons!

spec

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Great - they are feeding the leftovers of these growth inducing chemically saturated watermelons to FISH.

What could possibly go wrong?

edit on 18-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

No doubt huh? I already steer clear of Chinese Seafood products, as most of them are farm raised and, as you say, are saturated with chemicals, especially shrimp and catfish. I recall several reports confirming this too.
It does seem strange, the logic of feeding the tainted melons to another food source.

spec

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Exploding fish will be much more worse, imagine the smell of exploded fish guts everywhere uhhh....stay away from the fish markets. Wait until the terrorists get their hands on this stuff.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
this thread caught my eye because wen i skimmed the topics as u do i saw
chinise man face explodes
i was like sick gotta see that video lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EDL2011

Deep down we are all sickos.
I just ate some watermelon yesterday and I live close to China, I wonder if I will see anything like that here.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Lmao so thats where saddam hid the WMD's

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Waiting for mansanto people to explain why in 5 4 3 2 ........

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Lmao so thats where saddam hid the WMD's

That would be MMD no? Melons of mass destruction?

spec
edit on 18-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
After further contemplation, I am finding it strange that the melons 'exploded.' It seems they would slowly split if it was a growth additive. It does not seem natural(surprise) for the melons to suddenly explode. So what the hell are in these things?!!

spec

top topics

join