It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im getting a usb voice recorder need sugestions of use :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
im getting this voice recorder in a few days..
VN8500-pc

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/665082290de7.jpg[/atsimg]

is can record 138 hours of HQ sound

it got USB so I can upload the soundfile to computer and share it with ATS

Im thinking of wraping it in plastic and placing it up in some tree in the woods and leave it all night to record sounds
or perhaps a cemetary

Stay tuned for creeping / relaxing sounds

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Try taking it to haunted locations and asking questions while leaving the recorder on. Upon uploading to a computer and playing back/enhancing, you may find some interesting things.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Thanks for the sugestion, I will try that out..
now I just need to found a hunted house

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

sure thing pal.....

Don't hold it.....If at all possible, leave it, and come back for it.....Questions are fine and dandy, but it's hard to rule out the human element. The slightest movement could sound like a hurricane on your recorder. If you leave it, and come back for it (depending on location), you can rule out your own movement, breathing or coughs.

What i do (or did) is ask a few questions up front, then let it be known that i'll be leaving the recorder and if anyone wants to speak into the red light, go for it. I've caught ALOT of indisputable EVPs this way.

Also, don't record a 30 or 45 minute session. This is another reason to leave the recorder. You need a good 4 to 5 hours of continuous recording to get more than a few EVPs. An hour or so may leave you empty handed.

You'll find that loading a 5 hour digital recording may take a little while. Searching through it will take a while too. I suggest you use CoolEdit, or Adobe Audition to clip your files once you find and flag your EVPs.

Another thing. When using your audio editing software, you may find yourself wanting to "look" for EVPs a little quicker by actually looking for visual anomalies on your files. Don't do it. This will work for you sometimes, but often times EVPs do not register as a 'visual' wave difference, and instead will be found in noise that appears to be 'flat'. You'll have to listen to the entire recording.

And get yourself some nice headphones.

Hope this helps.
edit on 18-5-2011 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes, you definately need to leave it alone for more than an hour. Since I've had mine, I haven't had any luck recording for more than forty minutes (I might leave it on my computer desk all night tonight and come back to it in the morning), but I usually end up setting it to HQ with headphones attached and falling asleep to the loud white noise, waking myself up soon after when I roll over. Not recommended, lol.

Holding it will cause all sorts of clicks and noises, having it too close to you will result in the capture of your own breathing, and you have to also account for your house "settling" at night if you're doing indoor work.

Good luck, and I hope you get something you want.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you wrap it in plastic wrap you will not pick up anything. My VN-5200PC has a remote mic jack. Use a remote mic if you wrap it up so you can still pick up something. Water proof mic maybe?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
138 hours? wow you could leave it out there for a week lol good luck... i was thinking of getting one myself and what id like to know is, what program would be the best to enhance the audio and filter out white noise?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just placed my voicerecorder here: 56°25'18.58" 9°21'36.12"

going to let it record about 15 hours.. and then get it

and post a link to the file here

edit on 20-5-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

top topics

join