It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAZMAT responding to incident in UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Meth labs arnt to common in the UK.

But there are many chems that produce toxic/flamable gas could be any number of solvents or compessed gases.

Maybe he worked with chems and was just moving them about, although i cant see any HAZCHEM stickers on his car and they are needed by law for nasty chems.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If this is the car that"exploded" then Hmm,strange factor 100..
For to me this car looks as though its been assaulted by batons not explosives,look at the holes in the windows.
And the paintwork,untouched...this car has not exploded from the inside,nor were incendiary/explosives used at all. IMHO.

Save the pic,then ZOOM on the blue car to the right of the image.
What do you think?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hopefully it is just a meth lab.

Wouldn't like to think what else could be going on here if its not. It just looks like one of those small stories that starts off as nothing and ends up being massive.

Should they really be taking so long to go into a meth lab and sort it out?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That's not the car. That image is taken from the Marina where he lived. The incident happened a couple of miles away.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Decontamination at the scene?

Strange, I'm gonna stay tuned.

It's not "strange" at all, as you point out below:

Found this PDF, seems the only decontaminate if there is a connection to Nuclear, biological or chemical agents.

So, anything then?
Bit melodramatic aren't we?

It's probably some painter or other craftsman not having stored his cehmicals properly, got into his car this morning, lit a fag and went bang.

Happened a few years ago in the UK, some van driver was carrying gas cannisters and lit a fag, exploding his van, him and some bystanders all over a quiet high street in some small town. Perfectly "innocent", just an accident.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves and start bleeting about "unconfirmed tweets", which is basically just some random person spouting bollocks.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antithetic

Thanks,I can see that now after reading more of the news about it.
It was not the car that exploded in the pic I posted.
Apologies if I mislead anyone.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Looking at the roof there was indeed an explosion, albeit a small explosion. There doesn't seem to be any fire damage so perhaps this guy was just transporting flammable liquids, the fumes built up, one small spark and "good night vienna".

Edit
The picture is linked from here, mods please remove if there are copyright issues.
Linky
edit on 18-5-2011 by yeebsy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If that's the car that "exploded" , it could be something mundane yet still concerning.

Such as an actual car manufacture fault that led to an accidental minor to mid-size explosion. It's hard to tell without knowing many details.

There have been so many recalls for various car part replacements recently, it just wouldn't surprise me if this was potentially related to that.

I'm not saying that's what it is. Just a suggestion of a possibility.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A nissan Micra...oh lord-be afraid planet Earth!!
They are coming for us in nissan micra's,what are they,1.3litre engines?

Think of the payload,two maybe three full tesco bags in the boot.
And one nutter in the driving seat.

Your usual Nissan micra driver scenario then really...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
while meth labs are rare in the uk its quikly growing in popularity esspecially amongst the gay seen. this is very similar to how the meth problem in the u.s started and if america's anything to go by its not long before this problem explodes onto our steets. what with cocain and extacy being fairly poor in quality the markets already the there. and meth is extremely easy (not safe) to produce. at low costs. its certainly a possability but for now its just speculation. we'll just have to see how this unfolds. im not to far from hartlepool we just had a dude here jaild for producing napalm bombs. maybe its a lone nutter with a fassination for amature pyrotechnics. yet again more speculation. we'l have to wait and see

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hi all long time lurker but i thought i would post and say that i live 5 minutes walk from where the car exploded and it looks like from where i live someone just committing suicide in an unusual way or playing with some badly made pyrotechnics because if this guy wanted to cause any kind of damage he was probably in one of the most remote parts of hartlepool but on the other hand it is a great place to launch untested fireworks. just my 2 pence worth also not read all the thread but here is a link to the hartlepool mail with a vid of the first police statement released by hartlepool police www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk...

on a side note the wife hates ATS because of the amount of my time this place takes up keep up the good work people.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Decontamination at the scene?

Strange, I'm gonna stay tuned.

ALS

Found this PDF, seems the only decontaminate if there is a connection to Nuclear, biological or chemical agents.

PDF
edit on 18-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

There's nothing strange about it.

When people are exposed to unknown chemicals or biological agents, they go through the decontamination process. It is now standard procedure around the world.

It does not have to be connected to terrorism, or an NBC attack. Instead of jumping to ridiculous far fetched and sensational conclusions, why not take a cautious approach.

The guy could have been carrying fertilizer in his car for his garden or yard. Maybe he was carrying cleaning chemicals.
All of which can be used to make a bomb, but also all of which if there is an explosion would warrant a decontamination process.

But since they've apparently found two bombs, well, your guess is as good as mine.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Not long ago, a mobile hairdresser died when her car exploded. She had bottles of peroxide in there and left them in the hot car.

Not sayin this chap was a mobile hairdresser, but there are other reasons for a car to go bang

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is from where i live, our local news said that police were decontaminated with soap and water after reports they felt nauseous. He also made claims that he had rigged his apartment to blow up also. last i heard they had everyone in a community centre and nothing else has been said. Not heard anything about a nuclear site under threat or anything like that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
First time Hartlepool has made national news since the 'monkey business'!

I was told last night by someone who works in Hartlepool that it was a suicide.

Seems a bit extreme to me but people do strange things when pushed to the point of suicide.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just a quick bit of info the man has been named as David Bagley, 58 he was unemployed and thought to be a lonely man who Kept to himself. As far as the power station being evacuated it seams to be just a rumor.

Also its all going off around here another body has been found in an unrelated incident about 100 yards away badly decomposed maybe upto 2 months old.
Northern Echo Article

BinaryG

edit on 19-5-2011 by BinaryG because: added link for new body

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Truth_Hz because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz

Originally posted by yeebsy

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Truth_Hz because: spelling

lol very funny...

Not really the get away car of choice though

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
They have now named the person who killed himself with some more info from local police...
clevelandpolice.mobify.me...

Didnt notice previous poster had this info in there but different link.
edit on 19-5-2011 by duffdean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join