It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Be Able To See Bin Laden's Death and Burial on our PC In The Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Please accept my apologies if this comes across as sounding a bit stupid and the like.

I am not really that much into technology as some of you who use ATS, in fact I am a bit of a technophobe when it comes to todays technology. But I was in the shower thinking numerous things as I normally do about life and the world in general, but then I had a thought. Considering all the goings on recently, especially around the supposed death of Osama Bin Laden, wouldn't we be able to see what actually happened on that particular day via our PC monitors?

Now I do not know much about Google Earth Live and technology such as that, but if things are recorded using satellite systems, would we be able to see OBL's supposed death day in Pakistan and burial at sea? I think I understand that Google Earth is not actually live, but if you have to wait a certain amount of years for the time we are in now to come around, wouldn't we be able to see what actually happened or didn't happen sometime in the future?

I have probably got the wrong idea about Google Earth and how it works, I haven't actually used it on my PC due to it being quite old and not up to the standard that would enable it to function properly, but are my thoughts a possibility, or am I just a numb brained technophobe idiot?

I look forward to all you whizz kids pulling the 46 year old nutter apart, limb from limb.........

Okay, start now...........

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Yes it is possible! However the red tape with "classified" material and web "bandwidth" limitations it is unlikely we all (everyone in the world) will get to see it live at the same time!
edit on 17-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Yes it is possible! However the red tape with "classified" material and web "bandwidth" limitations it is unlikely we all will get to see it live at the same time!

Hi, phatpackage

So I wasn't a complete nutcase then with what I was thinking in my technophobe world....

Yeah, even though this technology is available there are still limitations to what we can and can't view...No change there then....

Thanks for that

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

No your not!. I was meaning more of a live transmission of the event. For google earth to capture it one of their satellite must be over the top of it when it happened. Google also uses a lot of old data. I'm sure there would have been at least one satellite that would have captured it though! Probably not one google is using! Would it not be a massive fluke if one did? I'm over 40 too!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

No your not!. I was meaning more of a live transmission of the event. For google earth to capture it one of their satellite must be over the top of it when it happened. Google also uses a lot of old data. I'm sure there would have been at least one satellite that would have captured it though! Probably not one google is using! Would it not be a massive fluke if one did? I'm over 40 too!

Yeah, that would be a great fluke for a satellite to be there at that time in history............Well you never know, that might be here on ATS in three or so years time..........You never know.........

cheers

new topics

top topics

join