It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going from SP to an OOBE...HOW?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jp1111
What can you do with SP? That was kind of my initial question for this thread which hasn't been answered yet regarding its relationship with OOBEs. SP is something that just happens when you are in a great REM sleep debt. So for narcoleptic people, its a common thing. I'm not, so it occurs only a few times a year or whenever I don't get enough sleep. As you might have read in that link, it happens to prevent your body to act out your dreams. Whenever it happens to me, it basically calms my body. I usually feel refreshed!

I don't know if I answered your questions. Did I?

Yes, THX, you kinda did, but know i have another one...if you don't mind...
How do you notice when your in SP? you said...when you don't get enough sleep...lately i've been having not enough sleep due personal things...can I notice myself in SP?

About OOBE, They have giving me some good links about it, im in a learning proces right now...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano
How do you notice when your in SP? you said...when you don't get enough sleep...lately i've been having not enough sleep due personal things...can I notice myself in SP?

Well, "noticing" when you're in SP! I get scared when it happens! Its a horrifying experience for me at least and I'm sure for a lot of people out there. Well, now its not that bad since its been a long time, but its still a little scary experience.

I have written my experience on the first post of this thread. Here it is again.
Well, it happens to me mostly while I'm sleeping on my back. Sometimes it happens when I'm about to sleep while the other times it occurs in the middle of night. I generally wake up, at least partially, and it starts with a buzzing sound in my ears. Advancing with vibrations, the body becomes paralysed. You start to panic as you can't move your muscles. Lately, I feel an extreme force pulling my body. Sometimes it goes away soon, sometimes it lasts for minutes!

Can you notice yourself in SP? Well, you'll know for sure when it happens because its a terrifying experience. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, for some people, its not scary at all. Btw, not all people have that.

Now, an important point here is that its the awareness of sleep paralysis that causes panic. I think Sleep Paralysis is a common thing for all people. It may be is a regular part of our sleep states. However, if you wake up in the state of sleep paralysis, you realize what's going through your body (buzzing, vibrations...etc.), and that's when you get panicky.

Here is an interesting link about SP: www.robertpeterson.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jp1111
Well, "noticing" when you're in SP! I get scared when it happens! Its a horrifying experience for me at least and I'm sure for a lot of people out there. Well, now its not that bad since its been a long time, but its still a little scary experience.

I have written my experience on the first post of this thread. Here it is again.
Well, it happens to me mostly while I'm sleeping on my back. Sometimes it happens when I'm about to sleep while the other times it occurs in the middle of night. I generally wake up, at least partially, and it starts with a buzzing sound in my ears. Advancing with vibrations, the body becomes paralysed. You start to panic as you can't move your muscles. Lately, I feel an extreme force pulling my body. Sometimes it goes away soon, sometimes it lasts for minutes!

Can you notice yourself in SP? Well, you'll know for sure when it happens because its a terrifying experience. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, for some people, its not scary at all. Btw, not all people have that.

Now, an important point here is that its the awareness of sleep paralysis that causes panic. I think Sleep Paralysis is a common thing for all people. It may be is a regular part of our sleep states. However, if you wake up in the state of sleep paralysis, you realize what's going through your body (buzzing, vibrations...etc.), and that's when you get panicky.

Here is an interesting link about SP: www.robertpeterson.org...

again, THx for the link, very interesting,
But, now i understand what we are talking about, i fully understand what you are saying! I just never heard about the name "SP", but anyway,-YEs,its perfectly normal that your body does that, with EVERYONE, but not everyone have or will experience what happen to you,...it never happend to me...but...yea...It seems not pleasant waking up during those moments...
When you do OOBE, when you leave your body, the body does the same thing... like a defence mechanisme...so you wont damage the phisical body during the 'travel'!

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Italiano]

<< 1  2   >>

join