It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going from SP to an OOBE...HOW?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
Like I say, I have never made any correlation based on my readings, but then again, most everything I have read on OBEs is JUST OBEs and Lucid Dreaming. I have also never had the opportunity (that I recall) to enjoy a nice bout of night terrors or SP. Thankfully?

I have never had any experience of night terrors either.
I appreciate all your responses. Seems like you've mastered OOBEs! So, how do you think Science would explain OOBEs? Does it have to do with different dimensions? One more question if you don't mind, when you get an OOBE, do you actually see a real world or a mind-created artificial world based on your knowledge? This question also applies to fellow OOBErs!

The following is for all viewers, since you(ImAlreadyPsycho) have already answered it!
----------
Here is a quote: " You should also know that sleep paralysis is great for leaving your body. Again, leaving your body is not dangerous either." Linkhere
Has anybody ever been able to do this?

[edit on 8/5/2004 by jp1111]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey thanks people for the input. I have been told that the spinning is the start of an oobe. Its kind of hard to explain, but when the spinning is happening its like a wave of "lightness feeling" flows through my body and it seems like a very fast circle of light passes through me. I know im still "asleep" but my mind is awake. I have been "devolping" this stage slowly like pyscho already said. I have been trying about 3-4 times a week for about the past 2 months now. And it seems like everytime i try something starts happening more clearly and easily. Does anyone have any relaxation techniques? Also, what would be the best postition to lay? (---not to much sence
) Thanks and keep replying. Knowlege is power.

I like chicken! YAEH! Do you know someone slow or special? ---- Question 2, Do you know anyone slow or special?----

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Mastered is not the right term. I can do it, but I have more misses than hits. I usually get maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 tries to become true OBEs.

What's it like? Really depends. Some are extremely "ordinary" where I view the world just as we know it. In fact, I saw my wife 4 months before we actually met face to face. I described, over the phone of course, every detail of the particular place she was the night before, and I had never been there as it was over 3200 miles away. It was an OBE that I stayed in our reality.

However, you can go so many other places. Places of fantasy that your mind creates, or even other realities/realms. Some really cool, others not so great. But all are awesome experiences.

As far as how science explains it, here goes. It can't. Most of the knowledge of OBEs from any corner of the world is based on arcane measurements, thus inexplicable in scientifics realms. (translated as spiritual/belief related rather than measurable by science) There will likely never be a very good scientific explaination. I await the day it is possible, but doubt my current shell will be around to see it.

Blessed Be
Whitewolf

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I read something on dream interpretaion on msn.com a coulple of days ago. They were trying to explain why visions happen in dreams, even though the eyes are closed. I asked a question for a expert on brain activity and dreams about oobes and hopefully they will give some sort of explination on how the spirital mind can disconnect from the body. I dont have a link but when i find one ill put it up!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Foxtrot, until you get used to "getting out", sitting in a comfortable chair is the best position (to help keep from falling asleep). Obviously, the fewer clothes the better, as it is more comfortable as well as less constricting to your bloodflow and breathing.

As for techniques, I like monroes techniques myself, and you can fine them [url=http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html]>>HERE

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think it might be this one but it doesnt look to familiar. MSN is hard to search cuz there is to much anyways........

content.health.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I wonder......I wear earings do you think that would "hold" me back some. Nice link! That will help me out a lot! I didnt know anything about the magnetic north either. Awsome

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Tough to say really on the earrings. I wear one earring and I never remove my wedding band for anything. I can still manage, so I think it depends on the individual.

Of course I do shave my head, so maybe there is a little compensation for the jewelery. LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Cool thanks. Just a ponder. Hopefully i will be in the state of mind tonight. What is your higher being guide? How would i find one? Do i just ask before i oobe or will one come and greet me? Will I have to find one?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I always ask before I try. You may not always get one. I have had very few. Usually they only show up if you need them. All depends. But if you ask in advance, you have a better chance of getting to know them.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I always ask before I try. You may not always get one. I have had very few. Usually they only show up if you need them. All depends. But if you ask in advance, you have a better chance of getting to know them.

This is starting to sound like a Shamanism thread. Dont get me wrong, Im not criticizing....heck I practice Shamanic techiniques.
Should this train of thought be moved to a new thread?
My thoughts-
1- yes: the thread is changing to a new subject
or-
2- No, thread evolution is a natural thing, and after all, there are only 4 or 5 of us contributing to this thread anyway.

BTW...ImAlreadyPsycho..thanks for the links. Im not sure if I buy into them yet or not (will have to re-read them a few times) but VERY interesting.

And yes, I understand warm Crow....lol
Been there more than once

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Corvus,

Yes, warm crow is the best. Especially with these bird diseases going around lately. LOL

As far as moving the thread, I woul say no. As you say, thread evolution is a natural thing. Also, OBEs are both related and not related to Shamanism. Not only Shamanic people use OBEs as learning devices. However, like you say, Shaman use them frequently. Of course, I would know this to be true as I practice Shamanism as well. My path is a very eclectic one, but mostly made up of Shamanic (Native American style) and Wiccan background.

But as I say, OBE goes far beyond just a religious stand point. I have helped people from all kinds of different religious paths with OBE work.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

As for techniques, I like monroes techniques myself, and you can fine them [url=http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html]>>HERE

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There are similarities between RV and OBE, but they are slightly different. What I used was OBE, as, not only did I see her, but a lot of otherthings that night. But yes, I believe speed of thought is probably a lot faster than speed of light.

Good luck
Blessed Be
Whitewolf

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxtrot_uniform
I think it might be this one but it doesnt look to familiar. MSN is hard to search cuz there is to much anyways........

content.health.msn.com...

Thanks for the link!

The stuff they said about "Dream Incubation" is very true. That happens with me a lot of times. If you go to sleep while working on a puzzle, many times you can get the solution in your dreams. The sub-conscious is "smarter" than the conscious! Dreams are great for relieving stress, at least for me! I would guess OOBEs are better, I'll know better when I get one actually!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I dont want to sound silly, but what means "SP"?

I know OOBE is "out of body experience", but i can't figure out what "SP" is...
THX

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano
I dont want to sound silly, but what means "SP"?

I know OOBE is "out of body experience", but i can't figure out what "SP" is...
THX

Its Sleep Paralysis.
More about it here:
watarts.uwaterloo.ca...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well people, no luck so far. Have been practicing. If some knows personal experience from this let me know. Has anyone found it hard to oobe after a first attempt has been made. It has for me. I think the brain get exhausted. Anyways, tried over the weekend to oobe but no success, just to busy, mind must have been cluttered. Hopefully tonight i will have better luck with getting closer. Keep me updated!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jp1111
Its Sleep Paralysis.
More about it here:
watarts.uwaterloo.ca...

HI,
THx allot for the link,
but, is there a difference between OOBE & SP?
What can you do/achieve with SP?

GREETZ

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano
THx allot for the link,
but, is there a difference between OOBE & SP?
What can you do/achieve with SP?

No problem!
Yes, there is a difference betn OOBE and SP. I can't tell you much about OOBEs since I haven't had any experience of it. However I have read a lot about it. You'll find many links for OOBE on this and other threads. I have had SP for three years now and I have heard people say that you can achieve OOBE from SP, but I never had OOBEs from SP.

What can you do with SP? That was kind of my initial question for this thread which hasn't been answered yet regarding its relationship with OOBEs. SP is something that just happens when you are in a great REM sleep debt. So for narcoleptic people, its a common thing. I'm not, so it occurs only a few times a year or whenever I don't get enough sleep. As you might have read in that link, it happens to prevent your body to act out your dreams. Whenever it happens to me, it basically calms my body. I usually feel refreshed!

I don't know if I answered your questions. Did I?

[edit on 8/11/2004 by jp1111]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join