It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Need to Conduct RANDOM HOUSE to HOUSE Searches We Will

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I say let's allow it.
Let's allow stronger gun laws.
Let's allow censorship.
Let's allow dictatorial excesses by our government.

Because the people are not awake yet. We are.
They're not.
And we need them to wake up. A gentle nudge and a "good morning snookums" ain't going to cut it.
They need to realize that this tripe may end up impacting them far more than the next winner on Idol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Oh God, please not the "I have nothing to hide" argument? Your friend didn't actually say that? *SIGH*

Who am I to kid...yeah me too. I work with someone who clearly stated they had no problem with airport pat-downs and body scanners.

Damn! What's happened? Seriously!

Unfortunately, he did, and I'm rather upset by his remarks about the whole thing. It seems to me that the more and more people are fed these lines of bull**** the more and more they start sounding like robots. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that I have heard say those exact same words time and time again.

=======
reply to post by beezzer

I say let's allow it.
Let's allow stronger gun laws.
Let's allow censorship.
Let's allow dictatorial excesses by our government.

Because the people are not awake yet. We are.
They're not.
And we need them to wake up. A gentle nudge and a "good morning snookums" ain't going to cut it.
They need to realize that this tripe may end up impacting them far more than the next winner on Idol

You know beezzer, you make a whole lot of sense here. Then again, what would happen when all the people wake up and we have nothing to defend ourselves with? Surely the collective can't stand up and use pitchforks and torches?

I hate to admit it (only because I know you're right), but people won't wake up until the day that the tanks are rolling down the streets with the bullhorns, telling us when to go to bed, when to go to work, when to eat, etc.

Sad times indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Pitchforks and torches work, and so does rope. You know you can snap a person's neck by tying a noose around their neck and dragging them behind a car right? Yeah it's not like they can stop you from driving not to mention cars are weapons, too!

<< 1   >>

join