It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What corporation is the best/worst when it comes to pets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What corporation is the best/worst when it comes to pets?

As far as enviromental,violations,donations and activism.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well Sky Tv in the United Kingdom matches any donation you commit to WWF.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
They say rat poison is very bad for pet rats.

I think there's a big hypocrisy in keeping animals that need the imprisonment and slaughter of other animals to keep them alive.
Can it be ethical in any way?
Most pet owners could say they love their pets, but they can't say they love animals if they keep carnivorous predators.
They love dogs and cats, but they hate chickens, pigs and cows?
Some people keep those as pets too, especially pigs.
Some feed rats to snakes.

But, more to you point, we once had a dog food from China that was considered unsafe.

The worst are those overpriced pellets one gets from the veterinarian.
I doubt any of the marketing slogans on the packet are proven, and that money could be saved for when a pet is seriously ill.
However, we heard lately that there is apparently a growing cancer rate amongst dogs.
Not sure if it's the food or all the other poisons to control pests.
They also want stores to keep insecticides well away from pet food (not happening - we saw again today that the garden and pest-control section is opposite the pet food).
The only immediate problem is that our cat tries a very expensive cat food (usually a free promotion packet), and then refuses to eat anything else.
Cats are not supposed to really taste, so I wonder what they put in that stuff.
It's like kitty heroin.
Nobody can tell me why.
edit on 17-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
For donating to Pets, SPCA, Human Societie(HSUS), etc
WWF and PETA are not as trustworthy. Though, WWF, is better than PETA by far. There's some good sites on the net that explain, both of those companies.

Animal testing...
Some of the companies that animal test the most are Pfizer and other pharma companies and Proctor and Gamble. Also, numerous cosmetic companies.
Here's a list of companies that test as of recent here

Companies that do not test:
(bigger known names) Revlon, Redken Laboratories, Avon, Aveda...
here

edit on 18-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

edit on 18-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: more...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have no idea who is the worst, but those who have owned ferrets know that Marshall Farms has in the past been high on the list for animal abuse. They are one of the providers for animals used in testing, and I believe were for some time banned from at least one country (France):

Marshall Farms, based in North Rose, New York, is a commercial breeder of dogs and ferrets for pets and scientific research.Marshall Pet Products, a division of Marshall Farms founded in 1993, sells a wide range of food, toys, and other accessories for ferrets and rabbits.

Founded in 1939 by Gilman Marshall, the company is currently the largest ferret breeder in the United States. Ferrets from Marshall are commonly seen in pet shops across the United States, Canada, and (increasingly) Japan; they are also used in biomedicinelaboratories, particularly in the fields of viral and parasitic diseases, cardiovascular and behavioral research, and reproductive endocrinology.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/18/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join