It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave teenager, 13, climbs down cliff and leaps into sea to rescue stricken diver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

A schoolboy climbed down a 30ft cliff face and leapt into the sea to rescue a woman diver from drowning.

Ryan Redman, 13, was walking along the coastline by Brixham, in Devon, with two friends when he heard the frantic cries for help from two divers around 20ft from the shore. The woman, in her late 50s, was suffering a panic attack. The teenager clambered down the rain-soaked cliffs, calmly swam out into the surf and hauled the woman to safety.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6c53d351896.jpg[/atsimg]

'I don't think it was heroic but other people have told me it was. I just did what I thought I should.

The diver, who has not been named, gave Ryan £10 and thanked him for helping in the rescue. Ryan added: 'He was really grateful and it was very nice of him to give us the money.'

Source: DailyMail

I wanted to share this with you so we could take a little break from all the doom and gloom news.

This brave boy heard someone screaming for help and went down a cliff, got into the water and rescued a woman. Then climbed up to tell his friend to call the police and went down again to comfort the diver until helped arrived.

The woman gave Ryan some money and thanked him for helping in the rescue.

Well done, young man

edit on 17-5-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good job, kid! You are a hero. Most would not have done what this boy did! I admire anyone that will take a step forward and do the scary thing. Inner strength, hard to find for many, but not here.

Thanks for posting this!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just when it seems like there are no more heroes in the world! Very brave of him to help someone he didn't know, and in such conditions

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What an amazing selfless act!

This kid is a true hero. He risked his own life without a second thought to save another.

This makes me smile!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A true warrior of what is right and selfless is this fellow! What a great foundation he has to grow upon in his lifes path!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Man that's dope i applaud him for that

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Good lad, maximum respect, brave young man, i know i would do the same thing, but ive got a few years on him

Only a £10's a bit cheeky lol

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Stories like this give me hope for the next generation.
S&F for finding a great upbeat story about a fine young man just doing the right thing without an audience or prodding. Maybe the UK has found its next PM 30 years hence.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Lol i wouldnt go that far, Next PM haha, we will never have a PM for the people so long as the *royal* family are involved.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My first thought from this, and i'm dead serious.

I"M GLAD THERE There are still SOME people. who dont play video games.... if this kid grew up playing cod, he wouldn't of been able to do that

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

What an unwarranted generalisation of the youth, Its opinions like that, that give us (as a race) no hope.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
My first thought from this, and i'm dead serious.

I"M GLAD THERE There are still SOME people. who dont play video games.... if this kid grew up playing cod, he wouldn't of been able to do that

That's probly the dumbest comment I've seen all week. Not only do video games give kids the sense that they can accomplish these types of things but they have also been proven to sharpen coordination and reaction time. Where did you get into your head this kid doesn't play video games anyway?..
edit on 19-5-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join