It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarming Number of Disasters Striking World "Food Baskets"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"For the last 5 years, we have posted countless articles covering both natural disasters and their impact on our food supplies as well as on many other timely topics. After several decades of monitoring these events, it's hard to convey how shocked we are by the sheer number of disasters that have occurred just in the first 4 months of 2011.

Yesterday, all day, I spent analyzing natural disasters and plotted them against our food belts. Never, ever, have I seen so many federally declared disasters this early in the year.

The DHS/FEMA maps were defined by 2 colors: blue signified no disasters (to distinguish the disaster-free areas from water, they are shown in white below) and yellow indicated declared disasters. Map after map, state after state were mostly yellow. Surely this must be an error? Thinking through the numerous news items on Earth Changes, with sinking feeling, I knew they were correct. It was only when the state information was transferred to a single national map, the implications become uncomfortably clear."

Alarming Number of Disasters Striking World "Food Baskets"

Are we all ready to stand in line at government food lines by selling our soul? Sorry, we can't give you food unless you get a micro chip implant and the 25 vaccine shots we believe you should take, oh and by the way here's a cup of fluoride to wash down the GMO food we will be feeding you.

Get ready people, get as self sufficient as you can, and make sure you help your fellow man.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes! Indeed!
A city worker (NYC) who I didn't know, stopped me to talk in a store. He warned me that food shortages were coming and told me to start storing food and learning how to grow my own. He expected food riots, fighting in the streets.....

S&F! Very important post!!!! Thanks!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I had been sensing this trend going on.

However, it wasn't until I scoped out the map at the link you provided that it all started to come together.

This is going to get scary. Let alone if these trends continue. (In the upper Midwest everyone seems to have a "gut feeling" that the severe weather over the Spring/Summer is going to be particularly bad.)

Also, I too believe the government is going to use any food shortage to make sure anyone receiving any assistance is towing the line. If correct, that is when things are going to get very, very interesting!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Great post! And article.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Which I probably am! But isn't the majority of our corn and grain that's grown here in the US used mostly to feed the cattle? Not for human consumption?
I thought we got most of our fruits and veggies from Mexico and South America.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
its the same over here in the UK and fromwhat i've seen it looks like the rest of the world is more or less in the same place right now.

food prices keep on going up here while food quality goes down.
edit on 17-5-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denco
Great post! And article.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Which I probably am! But isn't the majority of our corn and grain that's grown here in the US used mostly to feed the cattle? Not for human consumption?
I thought we got most of our fruits and veggies from Mexico and South America.

I'm not sure if you're right or wrong, but a world map of disasters would be good to see. Many of the other countries are also having disasters in their growing areas - floods, fires, droughts.......

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Let's not forget all the rich idiots that switched from stocks to commodities and are even now driving up the prices of food, cotton and oil, amongst other things.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed all this. Does anyone have a world map with food baskets and disasters? I know one of Australia's food producing places was hit hard this winter. Aside from the gangs/gang wars in Mexico have there been any other disasters that I don't know about? What about South America?

World Famine... it's coming.

new topics

top topics

join