It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Warned Not To Misuse Anti-Terror Laws To Round Up Innocent People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
S & F

But isnt this sort of like the fox guarding the hen-house?

Of course.

The fox rarely realize the hens and roosters are on to the hole in the fence.

Little does Government realize people know what they are up to.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Can someone please tell me, what the heck a terrorist looks like? I mean, how does a police officer 'spot' one? Does the terrorist wear a shirt that says: "I am a terrorist"?...

Well my personal media interest has lead me to believe that terrorist have dslr cameras and/or video cameras and they like to use them. If told not to even though there is no reason to do so they also might take their big terror word bag and throw stuff like "I'm in my rights to take pictures here" or "this is a public place".

edit on 17/5/2011 by PsykoOps because: typo

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidasreply to post by Soshh

All it takes though is one overzealous individual within Law Enforcement.

Those same people they would decry outside in the civilian crowd do it.

So too are there overzealous people within Government.

But how do you suggest we get around the fact that there will always be the odd lunatic in any population? When your job is to provide security and maintain order during an event that so many would like to disrupt in various ways, you're bound to be a little on-edge to say the least; which exacerbates any loony qualities that one might have. There are overzealous types present on all sides, but the vast majority conduct themselves very well.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Soshh

They were rounding up innocent people before the Royal wedding, whether they were using anti terror laws Im not certain, but a number of individuals were rounded up prior to the Royal wedding.

Who was arrested that was clearly innocent beforehand?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidasreply to post by Soshh

All it takes though is one overzealous individual within Law Enforcement.

Those same people they would decry outside in the civilian crowd do it.

So too are there overzealous people within Government.

But how do you suggest we get around the fact that there will always be the odd lunatic in any population? When your job is to provide security and maintain order during an event that so many would like to disrupt in various ways, you're bound to be a little on-edge to say the least; which exacerbates any loony qualities that one might have. There are overzealous types present on all sides, but the vast majority conduct themselves very well.

I do not know because they are not just within the citizenry.

They get within Government and we get idiots like Bush and Obama.

How do we stop overzealousness?

You cannot.

If only 9/10's of the rest of the populace weren't apathetic 9/11 would never have happened.

Does this mean that I believe the entire populace should be overzealous?

No.

But those few people who become overzealous are because of those apathetic.

Seeing apathy, ignorance, and a lack of action of others is a direct correlation.

I can speak to my personal experiences with not taking offense to overzealousness.

While separating two idiot co-workers who got into fisticuffs I was spit on by accident.

Did I climb into the fight and become stupid like those two idiots?

No.

As a Security Officer, different job, patient's got overzealous but I did not let it affect me.

I maintained a sense of calm.

People have said I have no emotions or I am a robot.

I see it as having my emotions and reactions fine-tuned and under control.

Due to my knowledge over my lifetime I do not see innocent people as terrorists.

I tend to look at the entire picture on the larger scale of reactions.

Whereas overzealous people might take advantage of a terrorist event I would not.

An overzealous person has nothing to check their emotions and or reaction.

This is why organizations within Government look for things to blackmail people with.

So as to keep people in check who might upset the status-quo of corruption.

Due to the apathy of the entire organization corruption can run rampant.

Because too few people want to rock the boat due to fear and those people who see people with new ideas as a threat due to rocking the boat, old ideas grow, stagnation sets in, and stove-piping of information happens, which is how and why events like 9/11 happen due to a lack of intelligence through territorial turf-wars which inspire stupidity of action.

Those few F.B.I. Agents silenced who knew things were churning prior to 9/11 were seen as a threat, they were a threat rocking the boat, they were a threat to their supervisors for seeing things these imbeciles were myopic enough not to see, they were a threat to garnering new intelligence and Law Enforcement funding because the leash was constraining those communities and those people acted like starving animals instead of human beings and therefore people were murdered during the World Trade Center Towers being hit not just because terrorists targeted them but because simply making money and those trying to take it away was seen as a threat.

So you get the overzealous within the crowd of apathy who are too scared to act.

And they reel in their reactions and let things happen due to a false threat.

They take the "wait and see" stance instead like deer caught in the headlights.

That threat being one against their ego and paycheck as well as being entrenched management.

It is a precarious balance between overzealous action and apathetic non-action.
edit on 5/17/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join