It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR - Definition>Implementation>Source(s)>Basis of Determination>Origin and YOU!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

FEAR - the ultimate source determination and conclusion.
YOU!    (seemingly and purposely implemented yet
            seemingly and completely relished with
            conviction.)

First let us do a glossary review of terms so that we may be "on the same page" (all of the following definitions are from Dictionary.com).

Subject Matter Defined

Fear (noun) -
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.

Implementation

Implement (noun) -
1. any article used in some activity, especially an instrument, tool, or utensil: agricultural implements.
2. an article of equipment, as household furniture, clothing, ecclesiastical vestments, or the like.
3. a means; agent: human beings as an implement of divine plan.

Source(s)

Science (noun) -
1. a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
2. systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
3. any of the branches of natural or physical science.

Religion (noun) -
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

Government (noun) -
1. the political direction and control exercised over the actions of the members, citizens, or inhabitants of communities, societies, and states; direction of the affairs of a state, community, etc.; political administration: Government is necessary to the existence of civilized society.
2. the form or system of rule by which a state, community, etc., is governed: monarchical government; Episcopal government.
3. the governing body of persons in a state, community, etc.; administration.

Basis of Determination

Determine - verb (used with object)
1. to settle or decide (a dispute, question, etc.) by an authoritative or conclusive decision.
2. to conclude or ascertain, as after reasoning, observation, etc.

Suggest verb (used with object) - Suggestion (noun) -
1. to mention or introduce (an idea, proposition, plan, etc.) for consideration or possible action: The architect suggested that the building be restored.
2. to propose (a person or thing) as suitable or possible for some purpose: We suggested him for president.
3. (of things) to prompt the consideration, making, doing, etc., of: The glove suggests that she was at the scene of the crime.

Fact (noun) -
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

Opinion (noun) -
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.

Origin of Fear

One version of a Scientific Origin

Unlocking the Origin of Fear

Mice Lacking the Stathmin Gene Don't Show Normal Fear Responses
By Miranda Hitti
WebMD Health News Nov. 17, 2005 --

Scientists have a new clue about the roots of fear. This fear factor doesn't go bump in the night. Instead, it's a gene -- the stathmin gene, to be precise.

Mice without that gene behave differently from normal mice. They act, well, less mousy in situations that scare normal mice, Gleb Shumyatsky, PhD, and colleagues report in Cell.
Shumyatsky is an assistant professor of genetics at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.

Another expert who worked on the study was Eric Kandel, MD, of Columbia University. Kandel shared the 2000 Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine with two other brain researchers.

One version of a Religious Origin

The Origin of Fear

By : Kevin Fields Jr.

The world today is plagued with fear. People are afraid to leave their homes, because of the crime in their communities. Terrorist are continuously plotting attacks, and because of the economy, people are afraid of the threat of losing their jobs. The lives of the people are managed and governed by fear, because of a lack of hope, belief, and faith in the almighty GOD. I have an interesting question to pose for the Mindspott community. When was fear manifested for the first time?, In other words, “What is the origin of fear ?”

There are two types of fear. According to, Dictionary.com , “One form of fear is, a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc. The threat could be real or imagined, however they both will have the same impact”. Another form of fear, is the fear of GOD. This type of fear is totally different. According to the Merriam Websters dictionary, one example of fear is, to have a reverential awe or fear of God. When you reverence someone you respect and honor them. You highly regard what they say, what they think, and how they feel. You highly esteem and value their thoughts. The first form of fear I explained earlier is a satanic type of fear, because it brings bondage, and it’s not based in Love, but it’s of terror and torment. The second form of fear is the righteous form of fear, which is of GOD. It brings true freedom, it’s out of our Love for him, and it brings blessings (Psalms 19:9 The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous. Psalms 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.).

Follow me to Genesis 3:8-10, “And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself”.

This was the first evidence of fear. Satan in the form of a serpent tempted Adam and Eve into disobeying GODS command to not eat the tree of knowledge, which was of the knowledge of good and evil. Their disobedience caused them to gain not only good knowledge, but bad knowledge as well. The bad knowledge caused them to become aware of their nakedness, which made them shameful. Adam hid himself from GOD, because he was afraid and embarrassed of his nakedness.

This was the first presence of fear. GOD did not create us to be fearful of anything. Fear is not from GOD, for it is written in 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”. Power, which is the ability to get results; Love, which is an unconditional kindness and compassion for one another; A sound mind, which is a mind that is in line with GODS word. Fear came as a result of satan.

Kevin Fields Jr.

YOU!

Self (noun) -
1. a person or thing referred to with respect to complete individuality: one's own self.
2. a person's nature, character, etc.: his better self.
3. personal interest.

Perception (noun) -
1. the act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding.
2. immediate or intuitive recognition or appreciation, as of moral, psychological, or aesthetic qualities; insight; intuition; discernment: an artist of rare perception.
3. the result or product of perceiving, as distinguished from the act of perceiving; percept.

Reality (noun) -
1. the state or quality of being real.
2. resemblance to what is real.
3. a real thing or fact.

Belief (noun) -
1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.

Conviction (noun) -
1. a fixed or firm belief.
2. the act of convicting.
3. the state of being convicted.

My View

Based on those definitions, in my humble opinion, and no matter how you slice it, you, me, more so, WE are the ultimate cause of not only "Fear" but, any and all that is perceived to be "Negative" in general.

It simply breaks down to Positive vs. Negative Energy in my opinion. This opinion is not based on any Scientific or Religious aspect. It is what I "feel" with every fiber of my being or, every iota of my soul if one were to compare it to a Scientific or Religious aspect, the same applies. "Good" feels good and "Bad" feels bad.

"Like attracts like", the "Positive" and "Negative" energy I output, no matter if in the form of a thought or action, is returned reciprocally every minute of the day from the time of conception to death or otherwise escape from this flesh housing (perception based of course).

The basis thereof can be defined by one simplistic factor no matter the label one chooses to attach to it:

Choice

Choice (noun) -
1. an act or instance of choosing; selection: Her choice of a computer was made after months of research. His parents were not happy with his choice of friends.
2. the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option: The child had no choice about going to school.
3. the person or thing chosen or eligible to be chosen: This book is my choice. He is one of many choices for the award.

Now that we are hopefully on the same page I will leave you with a few opinionated points and questions overall that still remain with me regarding the subject of Fear & Choice and the overall origins thereof.

Choice: In my opinion, most, if not all of our choices are being, and have been implemented for some time and YOU allow it to happen most often times with little thought or effort to understanding why you made said choice. The most peculiar part, is when you include human conscience into this equation. One recognizes the choice is "bad", yet one chooses the choice anyway and vice verse for a "good" choice (perception based of course). Why do we choose the negative?

Is there in fact a balance of each of these energies in the Universe? If that balance is disturbed by an influx of negativity, the Universe will in turn implement measures to balance this energy accordingly? Due to current events, and events since our first steps out of the caves, have we effectively and on our own accord disturbed the balance of said energy in the Universe?

Thus tipping the scales to the negative, whereby causing the Universe to re-balance this anomaly of negative energy with an influx of positivity, or will it eliminate the influx of negativity all together. If you go on the notion that "energy is constant" then the latter should apply. However, if you are of the notion that energy is constantly being produced throughout the Universe, then the second and worse scenario could apply.

Fear: Is Fear garnered to maintain a level of control over the masses or is it something MUCH BIGGER (I will leave the term "much bigger" to your own definition, as I have a few personal theories as to what that could be), or is it built in to our DNA for the for the "fight or flight" mechanism to work properly?

Discuss at your leisure...
edit on 5/17/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
it all was,It all is and always will be.. we just choose to live in fear or not, it dosnt make it wrong, it just makes the journey for each of our view points different, or it would be a bit boring..
Why do we go to a horror movie, or jump off a cliff to parachute to the bottom? we like fear, it makes us feel more alive.
I like your analysis, and in regards to how the influx of energies will play out, well both ways are true, they just occur in different aspects of the multi-verse and few of us in one or the other will ever perceive that there is another play happing on a different stage, as we are too busy trying to get the timing in the act right, to even see that the lights are on in the theater right next door.

edit on 17-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

as we are too busy trying to get the timing in the act right, to even see that the lights are on in the theater right next door.

a.k.a. ...the Big Picture. As much as I want to know what "it" all is, I am also aware that I may not be able to fathom, much less handle what "that" is in my current capacity of existence. I have come to terms with this but, the questions will never cease I am afraid. However, I do think that in of itself is part of the grand design (big picture).

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

as we are too busy trying to get the timing in the act right, to even see that the lights are on in the theater right next door.

a.k.a. ...the Big Picture. As much as I want to know what "it" all is, I am also aware that I may not be able to fathom, much less handle what "that" is in my current capacity of existence. I have come to terms with this but, the questions will never cease I am afraid. However, I do think that in of itself is part of the grand design (big picture).

Yep i agree, i for one have seen enough of the big picture to know that im happy to be privileged to be a player on the stage. I dont know if im cable of understanding it, hey i dont think i want to either.
I dont want the stress of being a producer, im happy acting and maybe a little musical directing, but thats it..
but for one thing, even when the final act to this performance is done, the stage will still be there, and someone will always want to walk out on it, in spite of the fear that we all get when the lights come up.
now lets go break a leg

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

the stage will still be there

In some form or fashion I do hope so. If it is just one Universe however, and one doesn't give interjection to the thought of perhaps multiples then, one could debate the "still be there" phrase. The Earth as a stage has a running time.

The production in the last 200,000 years has been full of drama and intrigue, but the curtain will fall eventually. That can be said of your individual production as well. So in tandem, should be as well for all, there is a beginning and an end to everything around us imo.

Big Bang (which in my opinion should be Big Expansion) was the opening credits, the Big Collapse will be "curtains" for this Universe, if you hold to that belief that is.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

the stage will still be there

In some form or fashion I do hope so. If it is just one Universe however, and one doesn't give interjection to the thought of perhaps multiples then, one could debate the "still be there" phrase. The Earth as a stage has a running time.

The production in the last 200,000 years has been full of drama and intrigue, but the curtain will fall eventually. That can be said of your individual production as well. So in tandem, should be as well for all, there is a beginning and an end to everything around us imo.

Big Bang (which in my opinion should be Big Expansion) was the opening credits, the Big Collapse will be "curtains" for this Universe, if you hold to that belief that is.

yes, but i hold a slightly modified view, that there is a cyclic, existence hence my signature.
so we do return , just the stage has been reset and the mask we wear is different.. yes the earth and universe might end, but thats why we can always "go on the mulitverse road" and take the show to new heights.. or go back in time and play the show again with a bit of a remix..
it all changes, just as it all stays the same..
but im fairly sure from your comments you see where im going..
peace, its a pleasure swapping ideas.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Indeed I do, thank you for sharing your view.

It gives thought to what I will label as a "Balloon Theory" of sorts. Where by the Universe, though each production takes perhaps billions of years and the props & actors in each production could theoretically be different with each production.

The stage is ultimately reset for each show. Which would give credence to the "energy is constant" as well as the phrase in your signature. Food for thought at least. Thank you again for sharing your view.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

The question for me now becomes, who is the Producer? God or the Universe?

It is clear to me who the Director is. Based on my belief. It is me, you, and everyone else playing their individual roles to continue the Production.

The stage has been provided by the Producer who wants nothing more than a "Positive" show. The Screenplay however, was built strictly for an improvisational performance but, if said performance is becoming filled with "Negative" improvisations by the vast majority of the characters, the Producer would theoretically reposition accordingly and either add more "Positive" performers or fire the "Negative" performers all together.

After it is all said and done, "on with the show" and please let us not have a repeat of this!

What role do you play and how will you direct it? (asking this to anyone that happens upon this particular thread, more this particular post)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This seems to be one of the topics of the hour, why not a bump?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If this were true, the world would be heaven and everybody would live for ever.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Indeed!

I had thought this thread would have garnered a few more responses. It makes sense though, as I think deep down people already feel who is to blame for their fear. It's facing that fact and overcoming it that is the difficult climb. It was not easy for me, or I should say is not easy for me as the mountain of fear is rather steep.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The following thread created by timewalker ties into this one rather well imo. Since this is effectively about the only way one can merge a thread I wanted to add a link to timewalker's thread in this one for the comparable attributes regarding the subject.

At your leisure....

ATS The Time Is NOW! STOP THE FEAR!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Scientists have a new clue about the roots of fear. This fear factor doesn't go bump in the night. Instead, it's a gene -- the stathmin gene, to be precise.

This gene is only the "Interface" between the Mind and the experience.

In other words the gene is NOT the "Generator", but rather involves Decoding/Encoding between the source and the experience.

edit on 2-6-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax Error

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Fear is not from GOD, for it is written in 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”.

The churches whose roots are in Roman doctrine teach others to fear God…

We often hear people refer to themselves, as being good God Fearing Christians…

The Gospel According to John” Ch 1 verse 3.

Is this then a contradiction???

Quote;

3. ALL things were made through Him,
and without Him nothing was made that was made.

ALL means “ALLNOT “some”.

Or am I missing something here?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

all things, and looking at what was made, and then getting caught in the illusion or looking at what was made to look at, but i would think they did not let what was created get out of there control.

top topics

join