It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stone pillars of Kihilyakh, Yakutia / Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just wanted to share these amazing pics that I found while looking for something else.

Kihilyakh is a place in Yakutia that is held to be sacred and it has loads of huge bizarre stone pillars that just stick up out of the ground in the middle of nowhere. They are clearly natural formations, they look like they were just left standing when softer rock eroded around them. There are some good simulacra among the rocks - eg. pics 10 & 13 on the first page look like human faces - I guess simulacra are to be expected in such strange formations but it may go partly to explain why the place is held to be so sacred.

The Yakuts consider Kihilyakh to be a sacred place. It is believed that stone pillars in the upper part of the Verkhoyansk mountains concentrate health-healing powers. People come to that place, pray to mountains’ spirits asking for having grace on them and giving blessing.

photos of sacred kisilyak, verkhoyansk mountain, yakutiasiberia/

scroll down the page for the pics and at the bottom links to 2 and 3 will take you to more pics

peace

J

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. I often watch RT News, because apart from it being a better news channel it often does fascinating features about different parts of Russia and it looks such a fascinating country with such a diverse culture.

join