It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Lapse Clouds and Sky Over the Canary Islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Explanation: If you could sit back and watch clouds and the sky move all night and day, what might you see? One answer from the island of Tenerife, captured over the course of the year, includes sequences that are not only breathtaking but instructive. Visible in the above time-lapse movie include clouds that seem to flow like water, a setting sun that shows numerous green flashes, the Milky Way Galaxy rising behind towering plants, a colorful double fogbow, lenticular clouds that appear stationary near their mountain peaks, and colorful moon coronas. The above video was shot solely from the Teide National Park on Tenerife in the Canary Islands of Spain, off the north west coast of Africa.

Source: APOD

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's beautiful to see the sky and "real clouds" for a change...Thanks for the view.....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Very beautiful. Mother nature at its best!

I love the way the clouds look like a rolling sea at around the 3.00 min mark.

Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That was beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for sharing, I never knew the clouds moved that way... It kind of shows the "bigger picture" when you can put it together like that and look further than this very moment. I have wished that we could see the galaxy & stars around us moving in the sky at a visible speed in real time when we look up. Like in the movies!

top topics

join