It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Alien Planets Stuck in Backwards Orbits Explained

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

that's interesting I am not sure of the other thread you are referring to forgive me I think I have to many lines of debate going

I am sure that "flipped orbits" have many different causes, probably all of the above...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I re edited my post on the previous page to include a theory I mistakenly created while making a post for this thread

edit on 16-5-2011 by ZombieJesus because: Nevermind, looks like my pics didnt load on the las page, weird...oh well

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'm not so sure there isn't enough mass in the asteroid belt and the orbit of Jupiter as Trojan moons to not account for a planet with enough mass to have formed spherically. I believe a planetoid of a 500 km diameter can form relatively spherically and the NASA mission Dawn is visiting two of the largest asteroids soon, one nearly spherical itself. As you will see the asteroid Vesta is 530 km in diameter and it does seem to show a sign of a near shattering collision giving it its onion-like shape. Pop around that NASA link and sometime maybe look up the
Trojan moons in Jupiter's orbit, a lot of mass is out there.

I understand the illustration is exaggerated.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

WOW.

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Yes....I see how that illustration is exaggerated. I refer back to the "Nature" link, from only about 18 months ago, and what it said. I suppose there are more links, I just didn't search all that hard....that was one of the first to pop up, and seemed fairly recent, (and reputable) so thought it would be reflective of current thoughts and theories....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join