It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Event....cancelled !!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Yes, yes it would.

reply to post by badw0lf & post by EvolEric

You're missing out. Sure, they abandoned the "freak of the week" method of story telling awhile ago and went more serialized with the story, but you should really pick up these past few seasons over the summer. You would have a good show to watch, plus be caught up by the time the new season begins. Fringe is without a doubt the best Sci-Fi show on network TV now.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stygmartyrZA

What happens next is you cancell your crap cable and get netflix. Cheaper and you can watch whatever you want.

MOTF!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The episode title for tonight sez it all...

'The Beginning of the End'

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

tv by the numbers is not official. that is a PREDICTION.. I have started a thread at the NBC forums to talk some sense to the execs.. please if you love this show take a moment to sign up and show your support for the show.

boards.nbc.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sweet maybe we can get a Survivor spin off. Boston Rob vs. Russell in a sex match death match woot.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
NBC says they are making efforts to bring quality to TV... We sure didn't go to the same school!

6 new drama, 6 new series

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Great, 2 of the few shows I really look forward to each week get the boot.
Thank goodness for premium cable channels, they seem to have the only good shows on anymore....

The networks are in for a PAINFUL season this year...when the singing shows and new dramas tank.... (besides the shows that are just downright insulting....Wilfred? Really? I could feel my brain cells dying just watching the promo)....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Uh Oh! David Wilcock is going to be upset. He's been talking up "The Event" as if it were a documentary on disclosure that is happening as we speak. In the show, there is a Black President, secret Alien bases, a missile launch off the coast of California which ties in too closely with current events, therefore it must all be true.

Disclosure has been cancelled.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The season (series ) inale was pretty impressive. Talks about how The "others" were actually on earth first....ooohhhhh!! How humans arrived second. Also a portal that could shift another planet to earth (Nibiru-haha)
and how the end of our race is the leap into full consciousness.

Its as if the writters ripped off bits n pieces of every internet quack out there.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
They should at least finish it off with a movie or something!
The cancellation of this show is symptomatic of the degree of intellectual degeneration of our country. The dancing with the stars show on abc at the same time slot got roughly 23 million viewers, as opposed to a measly 4 million for The Event. We are so outnumbered....

edit on 24-5-2011 by Vandelay Industries because: Accidentally clicked enter, and it posted it prematurely.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Watched tonight and Simon was about to say what the event was... what he did say that it was some type of enlightenment process his people are about to go through, but humans would not survive. He never said what "The Event" was... WTF ... they never even finished!

95 million votes for a bunch of country singing kids though on american idol...
Star Trek wouldn't have lasted with todays close minded fools.

edit on 24-5-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

now we will never know what "The Event" was......too bad they did not tell us so we could know.

Not true, Simon revealed it. "The Event" is what happens when the aliens come back to Earth and undergo an evolutionary change...the next step.

Of course, if it's based on any kind of morality, I think they dodged that bullet...hehe...

Nice finale', and I suppose a fitting close to a cancelled show, though would be great to know where they would have gone from here.

MAJOR PLOT HOLE THOUGH...

If they can transport a whole planet from another GALAXY, then why not simply transport it into a life zone orbit in an UNINHABITED galaxy! No harm, no foul.....

Fairly nice conclusion to the series though, too bad they aren't giving it a chance. It got better and better each episode.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

That's funny...I just watched the Season Finale last night. A true cliff hanger. Ratings are through the roof, I heard. I'll bet in the Fall the Event and V will both be back.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Well I loved the show. But rating were never really good. I doubt nbc brings it back, they would have to cancel a new show before it airs or cancel one that had decent ratings

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Watched it last night. Apparently, the aliens had to come back to Earth because 'the event' was taking place here. They could not have teleported their planet to someplace else.

Also, can you imagine the havoc created by another planet in such close proximity to Earth? Think about the tides. They left a lot open on that scenario.

It's a shame it got dropped. They'll probably fill that slot with some new stupid, dumb-downed reality show.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Or another cop drama.... There's only one show that even looked promising, and I can't even remember the name of it. Not exactly a good omen for the season, hehe....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Its only being cancelled on NBC. Producers of The Event are in discussion with other networks to continue the series so it may not be over.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

Would be perfect for SyFy to pick up...but doubt it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I really like The Event, and watched it without fail. Though, I am the only one I know that did.
I hope it continues. But then, who knows.

I'll watch that new show on FX too, in June, Falling from the Sky? I don't recall the title.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
WOw I hope everyone has seen the finale by now,if not SPOILERS ahead:

Did you check out the planet x/nibiru references at the end!!!?
"Its happened before" said Sophia!
Great ending with you know who identifying her you know what,if you catch my drift.

Great show damn shame its finished..

I wonder if it would have played out differently if the show had carried on-I was hoping for a good half season or so on the virus taking grip on humans,and being like a "captain tripps" scenario...oh well,bummer.

Same with V,I doubt they would have killed off all the best characters in the last episode if that had another season or two.

Reminds me a bit of the whole Twin Peaks fiasco,with David Lynch being forced by the network to reveal the killer earlier than he had wished...He got really pissed off,and the last half of season 2 shows the results of that.

Oh BTW,my bro tells me they are replacing V with a reboot of "Charlies Angels"
Whoop de doo...or whoop de don't may be better IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join