It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Event....cancelled !!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here is some good info.

www.deadline.com...

Netflix has a studio?! Sweeeeeeet
edit on 25-5-2011 by Hellsmight because: link

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So yeah, after watching the Finale.... all I can say is..... THANK GOD!

What a waste of time it's been watching that series. It had a ton of potential, and I watched every episode, but wow, was that a crappy way to go out.

This whole build up of a species sent out to find a new home for their people because their star is dying. A struggle between the natives (humans) and the ET's (them) to find acceptance and co-exist results in a war between the 2 sides, which begins with an attempt to exterminate the native species to.... Oh crap, here comes the dive.....

...to make room on a planet with 7 billion natives for 2 billion ET's???!?! What? I'm pretty sure human population will grow to 9 billion relatively soon, and the whole notion that this planet is overpopulated to begin with IRL is a complete fallacy to begin with.

So, how do you take this scenario and royally screw it up? Simple, instead of pushing to bring the ET's to this planet, simply bring their whole planet... kind of defeats the purpose of the entire plot. Why not just portal the planet to a safe home....

Oh, thats right... Simon mentions 2-3 lines about what the 'Event' really is, and they have to be here anyway.... so why portal the whole planet instead of portal the people straight to the destination?

This amongst many other plot holes, killed this series for me, not NBC.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

You do make good points-what about the virus?
Why kill the humans to make room,if you just moving the planet?
Maybe the planet causes our earth to die/go dormant due to its gravity/proximity anyway judging by the earthquakes?
Who knows now though...
I still liked the show though,especially the withered wounded Blake Sterling played by Zeljko Ivanek.
That guy was the highlight for me,at first sinister(Is he one of them?),yet ultimately a righteous character.

Ok the series did have plot holes and flaws,but I still think it had some great ideas and was entertaining-maybe it would have been great if they got another season or two.

My major criticism was the way the cold hard assassin CIA hit girl turned into a simpering mess when she fell in love with Sean Walker...that became so cheesey I felt ill.
That really sucked,she was better as his enemy in the early episodes IMO.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

My major criticism was the way the cold hard assassin CIA hit girl turned into a simpering mess when she fell in love with Sean Walker...that became so cheesey I felt ill.

Totally agree.

Taylor Cole btw is AMAZING HOT! Fanboy dream = her being cast as Wonder Woman in anything!
(google it, there's pic of her in the costume)

And Zeljko Ivanek is amazing in anything he's in imo, I hope to see him back on screen soon.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
Taylor Cole btw is AMAZING HOT!

In the Event she is super Hot indeed.
She rocked.
But man,she looks preety odd if you do a google image search...Some pics she looks fantastic,others hmm not so good.
Pinchy cheeks.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Pinchy cheeks.

ROFLMAO
Ok, so maybe sh'es not always photogenic I'll give you that, but in live action..... HOLY-MOLEY

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well there planet looks like half of it is on fire. Anyway I hope that the shoe continues because i love it =)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yes, but it helped that she's smokin' hot....
Much better than whiny victim girl (his fiancee)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It certainly did help,and I agree Sarah Roemer's character was pretty whiny-But I think I may get whiny if I had to go through some of the stuff she went through.

Cool series though overall,even with the odd plot holes,I hope some other company snaps it up for a second season-i want to see what happens,and what Simon meant when he said the humans would not survive,but the aliens would "evolve."

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I ONLY like Sophia....Thomas.....I guess that all.
The Event is that Sophia teleports her planet next to Earth.
The most crazy sh1t I've seen in years.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Hmm Sir/madam-
Sophia and Thomas were the bad dudes...Ok they wanted to save their people-but Earth would die...That is NOT COOL.

Not for the humans anyhow.

Shame the show has ended.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
At least they are true to themselves and their people.......and what a guy (Agent Lee) betray his own people to those who imprison them for decades......if there were a next season I bet he will be betrayed by the human......he's not seen our true nature. LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm really disappointed this show was canceled. I don't know to what extent the show was an attempt at any kind of disclosure. However, I did find it interesting. And the fact that they intentionally made the character of the President so much like Obama is curious to say the least.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I still have to wonder...

If they have the ability to teleport an entire planet, through time and space (from another GALAXY even!)...then why not simply park it in a "life zone" orbit around any of the other billions of yellow stars in this or any other galaxy?

Makes no frickin' sense!

Why kill us in the process? Completely unnecessary, but the writers think we are all idiots.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I see your point. Maybe they had to transport their planet next to ours because of the impending "Event"? One of the main characters did point out that they came back because the Event would cause them to evolve.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I hear you on that one.

Caprica- Zoe was the only reason I watched however the show soon came to life--->cancelled
SGU - I thoroughly enjoyed this show--->cancelled

Yet there is optimism!

Falling Skies - Spielberg. Enough said.
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Definitely excited about this. Talks of it in 3-D?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Is there any news about whos picking up the show again? I heard some rumours when it was cancelled that another network would pick it up.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stonhans

Nothing further about it, no. There were rumors about SyFy optioning it, but those never seemed to pan out. By now, it's pretty much too late to recapture that audience, most likely.

Plus, where do you go with it? It pretty much left off with the end of the world! Some plan by the still retarded aliens on that show, huh?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just wanted to say I watched all the episodes and found the series compelling.

The fact they mention they were 'The Watchers' and it was their planet before it was ours was very very interesting indeed.

Along with the fact they brought their planet here to help transfer their population here, because their star went supernova before they expected it, which also follows the Nibiru trend.

I have a feeling the show may have been cancelled because it may have been too 'informative' for the general populace.

It's unfortunate. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and the acting.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This amongst many other plot holes, killed this series for me, not NBC.

Yeah, there were tons of flaws in the logic of this series.
Even with the event Simon mentioned, why not simply move the planet to a safe zone around another star...and THEN you have time to do what you'd need to do here, if you really had to be here.

The biggest goof though, was when they said the homeworld was in another GALAXY.

Really? Our galaxy isn't big enough? They actually went to a complete other galaxy? Do people really realize just how big a galaxy is? So, they have the tech to transport an entire planet from another galaxy, but have trouble getting rid of us? Really? Can't buy it.

Why not simply build a spacecraft (surely easier than a transport device), go to the moon, build the portal on the moon, then send Earth to orbit another star in the goldilocks zone, then portal their planet in Earth's orbit.

Their race is saved, and here for the Event.
Our race is saved, and they get to be the kind, benevolent aliens they want to be.

Problem solved, but no, I guess these "advanced" aliens couldn't figure that out, huh?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join