It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weeks leading up to Dec. 21st 2012, "The End of The World"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Now this is my first post so bare with me, also if this has been posted in a similar fashion, excuse me for my lack of investigatory skills.

Now I'm not 100% on a real "End of The World Event", in fact I believe it will be a sunny day on the 22nd. Now one thing that does bother me, is the amount of people who actually do believe something will happen, and how bad things could get in such a short time. We see in on TV, newspapers, ATS, other blogs, pretty much everyday we all see something related to 2012 and the "End Times". Now my question to my fellow ATS'rs is this, what do you think will happen in the weeks leading up to the date? What do you see happening before hand.

I honestly believe everyone will go ape sh*t, scared out of their minds, and bombarding the store for water and food. I personally don't want to be in the city days before the event, so I'm planning a "camping trip".

Like I said, I don't believe anything will happen that day, but who knows? I will always be prepared to "bug out", but that day, I'm more worried about others intentions(looting, rioting, no available food or water due to panicking), then an actual event happening..

So what do you see happening the weeks prior?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think you're right about people overwhelmed by panic and looting etc.

I imagine anyone who is concerned about it, that hadn't taken the time to prepare it will go into full riot mode. Kind of like everyone scrambling for the best toy at Christmas. If you don't have basic supplies by the end of November, you're not going to find them anywhere. And when it comes to survival, people won't be very nice about it.

My 8 year old is already worried.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RonFM

Personally I know we'll still be here the 22nd.

What gets me though, is people who would start hoarding this week.. I mean, IF they really believed the world is going to end on the 21st, and started to panic and stockpile food/water.. what's the point?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hi there,

i dont know, maybe a stupid question back to you, but since no one knows what is going to happen (if at all something is going to happen -> which i dont think it will) how can you decide to go on a camping trip ??

Who is saying that a camping trip will save you ? If there is a big Volcanic errupture or a huge comet impact or something like that, camping wont safe you !

why not stay in a city, where you know the surroundings and environment, where you know where to get food and water the first few weeks ? That would be my idea if i would believe in it. Even i dont think something is going to happen on that scale, but i will and have marked some important locations in my head just in case.

so i would know where to get what....as said, if a comet , asteroid, planet or the moon would hit the earth i dont think it matters if you are camping or you are at home in front of the TV.....

cheers

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RonFM

I don't really think the world will end, but I do admit I will be a little nervous, and on the actual day...well, I will be terrified and probably try to be on some sort of fun outing with friends.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Basel77
Hi there,

i dont know, maybe a stupid question back to you, but since no one knows what is going to happen (if at all something is going to happen -> which i dont think it will) how can you decide to go on a camping trip ??

cheers

because, as I stated, I don't think anything will happen.. But alot of people sure do, and THAT is what I'm worried about.. and IF something does happen, at least I got a fighting chance, the last place you want to be in, is a city full of hungry heartless people searching for goods, and I'm proficient at "living off the land"..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm not worried about the end of the world, I have armageddon insurance.

Testimonial:

When Armageddon came to my world, most were all caught off guard. I like to plan for my future and one day just happened to notice an ad for ARMaGEDDON INSURANCE in the newspaper - I talked with my family that very night and the very next day, I bought the ARMaGEDDON INSURANCE PREMIUM package, and thank the Heavens that I did! While my neighbors were being eaten by Locusts, while my city lay in ruins from missile strikes, and while Satan roamed the streets my family and I were safe thanks to our investment in ARMaGEDDON INSURANCE!

Thanks ARMaGEDDON INSURANCE!

yours forever,

Cebyti

ARMAGEDDON INSURANCE... DON'T WAIT! TILL' IT'S TOO LATE!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Sorry Ron,

but then again, if soemthing happens i think none of us are goign to look for food, because you dont need it anymore, and if nothing happens i can go the the restaurant next door ....

anyway, i know what you mean, but i think during the first few hours there would be chaos everywhere and devestation, so even you are camping, out of side of any population, i dont know...dont think it will give you
that much of an advantage....i am lucky enough to life in Hong Kong surrounded by the sea, so just in case,
i can go down to the beach and get me some fish.....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You know that is a "doomsday" that doesn't seem to be taken into account with that date. We are always hearing about the coming food shortage (although doesnt seem to come) but enough people hoarding in fear of this date could be the trigger for world shortages. I plan to start stocking up in january of 2012 and yes I feels something significant will happen in 2012 although I dont expect it to happen on the exact date dec 21 and I do not expect it to be the end of life on this planet.

Was there a lot of looting in hoarding for Y2K I don't quite remember anything significant in those terms happening, but should expect it with every one of these "prophecies".

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RonFM
Now this is my first post so bare with me, also if this has been posted in a similar fashion, excuse me for my lack of investigatory skills.

Now I'm not 100% on a real "End of The World Event", in fact I believe it will be a sunny day on the 22nd. Now one thing that does bother me, is the amount of people who actually do believe something will happen, and how bad things could get in such a short time. We see in on TV, newspapers, ATS, other blogs, pretty much everyday we all see something related to 2012 and the "End Times". Now my question to my fellow ATS'rs is this, what do you think will happen in the weeks leading up to the date? What do you see happening before hand.

I honestly believe everyone will go ape sh*t, scared out of their minds, and bombarding the store for water and food. I personally don't want to be in the city days before the event, so I'm planning a "camping trip".

Like I said, I don't believe anything will happen that day, but who knows? I will always be prepared to "bug out", but that day, I'm more worried about others intentions(looting, rioting, no available food or water due to panicking), then an actual event happening..

So what do you see happening the weeks prior?

The people that believe the end will come on 22nd are all from some odd Christian Cult, and believe that they themselves will be raptured.....so you really should have nothing to worry about when it comes to people all acting crazy on that day. They aren't going to be worried, and they are the only ones that believe this.....Now the end of the Mayan Calendar in 2012 (I forget the precise day that it falls on) might be a bit more crazy though...Lots more people believe in that day being the end, and there is no accepted 'rapture' for the 'believers' in that scenario.
edit on 16-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: changed something or something like that.......something........."something"......something something something....I like that word!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Even if something of a cosmic nature doesn't happen in 2012, I can't help but feel that there is a corrupt mind somewhere with a lot of power who will take advantage of it and use it for nefarious purposes.
The quote "Never waste a good crisis" or words to that effect, spring to mind.
I hope that isn't the case and we are all still here in 2013.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen but the months leading up to it are going to get really crazy. It will be the main topic For the media and news. There will be an atmosphere thousands of times more exciting then the millennium was.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The people that believe the end will come on 22nd are all from some odd Christian Cult, and believe that they themselves will be raptured.....so you really should have nothing to worry about when it comes to people all acting crazy on that day. They aren't going to be worried, and they are the only ones that believe this.....Now the end of the Mayan Calendar in 2012 (I forget the precise day that it falls on) might be a bit more crazy though...Lots more people believe in that day being the end, and there is no accepted 'rapture' for the 'believers' in that scenario.

Why? You seem to believe one way but i am far from christian. I am worried self serving idiots who might include you would be left when the world ends. If it doesn't end well you can go in to polotics and be as inpotent as the past five. If it does those of use left can be sad as we have to remove you bones during the new world.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Remember the end of the world in 2000? I think it will be about the same. People will run out and spend huge amounts of money on supplies and bugout gear. I remember how cheap you could get generators after 1-1-2000 when planes didn't fall out of the sky and "the grid" didn't shut down. My brother -in-law wasted a fortune on crap but he used most of it for camping. End of the world people? Nah, you ain't gettin off that easy.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
But y2k wasn't about the world ending, as in total wipe out of any living organism on the Earth, lol. It was about global economic collapse... IMHO, I think there will be mass panic the week leading to the day, and for that.. I rather be camping in the mountains 60 miles from the city till it all blows over and everyone is done freaking out... But that's just me? I don't know, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not planing for the end of the world, I'm preparing for the mass case of ape sh*t's lol.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RonFM
I think there will be mass panic the week leading to the day, and for that.. I rather be camping in the mountains 60 miles from the city till it all blows over and everyone is done freaking out...

lol yet come back home to find it empty from looters.....
I agree with OP that there will be panic among the MSM and minority of people, but hey im an opportunist, start sellling the survival gear now, and when it all blows over, just laugh

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Lol, Ya I agree.. Yeah too bad I don't have a whole lot haha. I'm a minimalist I suppose. I only got what I need, My truck, guns, and my 42 LCD. LMAO jk...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir
reply to post by RonFM

I don't really think the world will end, but I do admit I will be a little nervous, and on the actual day...well, I will be terrified and probably try to be on some sort of fun outing with friends.

Cool, come hang out with me....its my birthday.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have no idea if the world will go through some major changes then or not, I do know that we are all like the frogs put into a pot with cool water...you put it on the stove and turn on the burner....we have all seen or noticed things are different now, then they were 10-20-30-40 years ago. every generation sees changes in the lifestyles of people that are younger than them and remembers the times and days when whatever it is that happened.... wouldn't have happened like that back then.

Stick to your morals and values...stand up tall and be a man/woman....reach down and grab hold, times get tough, times get hard....its amatter of how much you can get hit and keep moving forward.

new topics

top topics

join