It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan War—a major Spy-Op?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A war where the enemy has no nation state supplying it with weapons or logistic support, fighting the powerful US to a standstill.

Recall that in Vietnam, the North Vietnamese and the Southern Rebels were able to fight the US because they had Russia and China both supporting them against the US. . That's 3 powerful nations . . . Russia, China, and North Vietnam . . .It makes some sense that they fought the US and succeeded

But how does a rag tag ban of Taliban, WITHOUT ANY SUPPORT FROM ANY COUNTRY FIGHT THE US AND NATO TO A STANDSTILL?

Previously the Afghan war against Russia had the US, practically all of the countries in the midleast, Saudi Arabia for instance, and Pakistan supporting the Muhajaddin with supplies, weapons and all kind of support. . . . Therefore they beat the Russians.

Now tell me, who is supporting the Taliban? What nation’s state is supplying them enough where they can put up such a struggle against the powerful US, AND NATO, and the Afghan alliance.

Something very strange is going on in this war!

Also, as the ex intelligence chief of Afghanistan mentions in a 60 minute report . . .the US knows where in Pakistan the Taliban chiefs are, yet they refuse to either take them out themselves, or make the Pakistanis do it.

I contend that the Afghanistan war is likely a phony war. It exists to wet the back of the Military/ Intelligence Industrial complex, by deliberately standing by and letting Pakistan surreptitiously support the Taliban so the war can go on interminably, without end in sight.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Afghans have plenty of support, not only they have the Arab nations but they have their old oppressors for supply.
Same teams we have just flip flopped sides.
The afghani's will make it through this, they always do.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Interesing post.
My take on this is that the Afghan people have in them a will to fight to the finish. (Note that I am talking specifically about the Afghanis, not some make-believe boogey man "terrorist" organization.)The Afghans are a warrior race... and war is part of their culture. They are used to conflict and have a history of fighting back superior invading armies... Britain(19th century), Russia(20th century) and now the Americans.

The Russians, known for their brutality, failed to win after 10 years of fighting. America also has been on Afghanistan soil for as long, and with no victory in sight. But what I find most astonishing is that the rag tag Afghan militia have successfully stood up to an invading force thats highly trained and armed with state of the art weaponry and gear... not to mention, armoured vehicles, air-support etc. Talk about going up against the odds.

Is the resistance shown by the Afghans, just a case of history repeating itself or is there something more to this? Like something ominous or prophetic? I'd like to believe so.

Also, as the ex intelligence chief of Afghanistan mentions in a 60 minute report . . .the US knows where in Pakistan the Taliban chiefs are, yet they refuse to either take them out themselves, or make the Pakistanis do it.

There is so much BS being spewed on the MSM, I really dont know what to believe anymore.

I contend that the Afghanistan war is likely a phony war. It exists to wet the back of the Military/ Intelligence Industrial complex, by deliberately standing by and letting Pakistan surreptitiously support the Taliban so the war can go on interminably, without end in sight.

Regardless of the intent behind the war, the actual conflict between the Afghan militia and the invading troops is REAL.

edit on 16-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
You need to learn military definitions. We can't obliterate you, it would be easy to kill you and everyone we see however we have to wait for them to attack us since they all dress the same. You don't know what a military stale mate is. This has turned into a police action. Let our military have actual war ROE which is kill anything you think has a weapon or can harm you. You don't wait to get # at. You shoot and ask questions later. Our military hhasn'tbeen unleashed so keep your mouth shut. You don't even know the strategy being used.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Our military hhasn'tbeen unleashed so keep your mouth shut.

Don't know what exactly you mean by "unleashed".
The military was "unleashed" 10 years ago and has been involved in Afghanistan in every possible way ever since.Also, I dont recall hearing government/military officials say that "the military has not been unleashed yet"...
so it just appears to be a weak excuse to explain away the militarys failure to crush a poorly armed poorly equipped rag tag guerilla force.

Also, I believe the Russians had a shoot-first-ask-questions-later policy. That didn't help them achieve victory.

As for "everyone looking the same"... well, that might be because the rag tag Afghan guerillas happen to be comprised of the local population.

edit on 16-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's not that hard to go around and shoot people. In a real war ROE is basically indulged only to women and children. We could easily kill every man we suspect of supporting terrorist and killing them if they had a gun within 100m of their home. We could easily kill them all , but you have politics involved you give us actual war ROE instead of police ROE there would be a lot more dead people and I love seeing dead terroist. It's easy to take a life and its addiction the adrenaline of your life against his. But you get prosecuted if you look at them wrong. Give us what the Military calls Total War ROE its kill any you remotely think may have ties or permits danger to your life. You kill women men children if you think they remotely look suspicious however total war must be declared. You don't know what war is.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

"We could easily kill every man we suspect of supporting terrorist and killing them if they had a gun within 100m of their home."

What do you mean by terrorist? You mean al-qaeda (less than 100 in afghanistan) or the local afghan resistance? Or do you see them as the same?

Sure you can kill them all off. But on what pretext? Because you don't like it when the Afghans take up arms against a foreign invading army?

Also, you went in saying your'e gonna fight terrorism, remember? The term "war on terror" would lose whatever little meaning it has left, if the US went about terrorizing the Afghans because they are suspected of supporting terrorists.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

What I'm saying to you. If we wanted to use our military might to crush Afghan and Iraq taking terrorist along with them we can. We arnt losing we have wait for them to attack before we start killing people. Otherwise we can kill thousands of more people and end it quick we arnt losing. It's called patience.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
^
Come on brah,

chill out.

top topics

join