It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21, 2011 No Rapture but disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was reading up on Harold Camping of the "Rapture will be may 21" people and I had a thought, I know scary right? Anyways, it says on his wiki page that "detailing the imminent end of the world (with alleged Biblical evidence pointing to the date for the Rapture as May 21, 2011);[9] of the "end of the church age" " as well as all the threads about imminent disclosure and I got to wondering if the end of the church age would be because people would stop believing in mainstream religion if aliens were to make themselves known. Would disclosure cause religion to topple? If you believe in the Bible or other religious text, would it affect you at all?

I am interested to read your replies.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I was reading up on Harold Camping of the "Rapture will be may 21" people and I had a thought, I know scary right? Anyways, it says on his wiki page that "detailing the imminent end of the world (with alleged Biblical evidence pointing to the date for the Rapture as May 21, 2011);[9] of the "end of the church age" " as well as all the threads about imminent disclosure and I got to wondering if the end of the church age would be because people would stop believing in mainstream religion if aliens were to make themselves known. Would disclosure cause religion to topple? If you believe in the Bible or other religious text, would it affect you at all?

If such a reformation occurred, it would be an amalgamation of all religions, not their annihilation.

It wouldn't effect me much because the true text is within one's very being, as it was with all great teachers who did not need to look upon a book for reference, but rather, the wisdom poured out of them and unto others.
edit on 15/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't think disclosure would get rid of religion at all. If you remember the vatican recently anounced that aliens fit into their belief and if they have a soul, can be baptised.

Makes you wonder though. Is the church getting ready for disclosure?

I think for hardcore believers it would just further push their believe that god is so awesome and powerful.

I have however no doubt that several people might lose their faith in god. Especially people that have looked into the ancient astronaut theory etc but are not quite convinced yet.

Personally for me not much would change except the fact that finally I have undeniable proof. I believe we can't be the only ones out there but until I see an alien or an alien spacecraft (not just a UFO) I remain only 90% sure.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

I agree with you completely
edit on 15-5-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nothing will ever topple religion because of one simple thing: "faith".

You could roll out irrefutable proof that god doesn't exist, but the religious will still scream "It's all trickery! God's testing our faith! Faith! Faith! errr grrr FAITH".

Religion will always be around...

As for the May 21st prediction... I find it hard to believe that the end of the world was predicted by a man that also predicted the world would end in 1994.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I just think it's so suspicious that the Church is so open to aliens, out of all institutions I would have expected the church to react the opposite way.

They were always quick to spread their faith on new territories to ensure ever growing numbers.

For an institution that still argues about basic things like contraception to agree that aliens fit into their system just makes me think they already know about it somehow.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
first of all to me the guy seems pretty iffy since he already predicted an end time and was wrong.

second if disclosure were to happen, I still don't think much would happen to churches or religion in general. In fact they might even feel like they are the reason they have came and become more infatuated with themselves.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

If such a reformation occurred, it would be an amalgamation of all religions, not their annihilation.

It wouldn't effect me much because the true text is within one's very being, as it was with all great teachers who did not need to look upon a book for reference, but rather, the wisdom poured out of them and unto others.
edit on 15/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

Some sort of alien-worship religion, maybe with the aliens as high priests?

Poor altar boys...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
I don't think disclosure would get rid of religion at all. If you remember the vatican recently anounced that aliens fit into their belief and if they have a soul, can be baptised.

Makes you wonder though. Is the church getting ready for disclosure?

I think for hardcore believers it would just further push their believe that god is so awesome and powerful.

I have however no doubt that several people might lose their faith in god. Especially people that have looked into the ancient astronaut theory etc but are not quite convinced yet.

Personally for me not much would change except the fact that finally I have undeniable proof. I believe we can't be the only ones out there but until I see an alien or an alien spacecraft (not just a UFO) I remain only 90% sure.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

Yes, after how many hundreds of years the vatican positions themselves in the event that we are not alone. God the creator, for one and all.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Nothing will ever topple religion because of one simple thing: "faith".

You could roll out irrefutable proof that god doesn't exist, but the religious will still scream "It's all trickery! God's testing our faith! Faith! Faith! errr grrr FAITH".

Religion will always be around...

As for the May 21st prediction... I find it hard to believe that the end of the world was predicted by a man that also predicted the world would end in 1994.

FINALLY!!!!!!! Someone on this freakin website gets it

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Mind1Soul
first of all to me the guy seems pretty iffy since he already predicted an end time and was wrong.

second if disclosure were to happen, I still don't think much would happen to churches or religion in general. In fact they might even feel like they are the reason they have came and become more infatuated with themselves.

Is that even possible?
2nd.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Forget about dates, which have no bearing on heavenly affairs, as life is eternal; and by the way, he that lives by fear dies by fear: truth will manifest, discomfiting guile. And understand this, the church age as you know it is in a transformational state, transitioning from the Bear to the Leopard (see Daniel 7). It is no longer the church age, but the Assembling/ingathering age. The world as you know it is got a ways to go before its end; do not concern yourself with that which has a ways to go, concern yourself with that which could perish tomorrow: that is for those who live to the flesh.

He that lives to the spirit recognizes that the flesh and its abode/world is nothing but death/corpse; and such a one looks to that which regards life, having transcnded the material world. The transition in question regards the Word of God, contained in the "Bible", though delusionalized for selfish benefits; and has nothing to do with aliens, in the sense that you perceive aliens; except of course you recognize the elect/anointed of God as alien, which designation (alien) you also are. Watch; do not slumber.

Peace be with you!!!
edit on 15-5-2011 by Olise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I think you hit the nail on the head. People who have a deep faith will never falter even if the truth is staring them in the face. Some religions may fold, but there will always be the die hard faithful who will always have faith and a need for a religion. Besides, preachers don't want to lose their flocks because that would mean they would lose their $$$$.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What if aliens make themselves known and affirm religion(s) because God/Jesus or whatever is the "true" deity did the same thing for their people as He/It did for ours? Would people believe what they were told by the aliens? To look at it from another view...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Then they shoulda shown up back in the garden of eden and told Eve..."Don't do it, it aint worth it!"

To show up now...would be highly suspect of their motives...I'm thinking I would trust them even less than our own governments

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Catholics are open to aliens, and evolution. Unfortunately the pope does not use the Bible as authority, and catholics believe that the pope is somekind of authority, again an unbiblical doctrine.

The Bible is silent on aliens. That doesn't mean that it precludes aliens, but as man and earth are Gods special creation, there is no reason to believe that aliens exist.

Personally, as someone else said, wouldn't affect my faith. I would most likely put it down to Satanic deception, just like spirit communication

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I wonder...is the BIBLE just a book of words...that no one bothers to read? Cut it, slice it, dice it..however you see fit...but it's TRUTH. Now, we can sit here and say...til the sun turns blue..."it was a book written by man"...and you would be right! But, my arguement is this: "Is man smarter than God"? To believe that the BIBLE is just a book "written by man", means you believe man is smarter than his Creator. Do you REALLY believe that God would let HIS word get twisted, and not have TRUTHS in it? Do you believe that God would let a man, translate HIS word differently...no matter how many times they edit it? If that's what you believe, you need to get off your high horse. You're not that intelligent..and neither are all the smartest minds, on this planet, COMBINED! Nothing can compete with the Creator of heaven and earth! Look around you. Man did NOTHING!

The BIBLE is nothing more than an instruction manual to the BELIEVER. God WILL NOT open HIS word up to those that DO NOT believe; it's not for them. It's for the people of faith!!! It was written to TEACH them how to have VICTORY, in their lives. It teaches how to have financial victory, spirtitual victory, and earthly victory. It's an instruction manual on how to live life; outside of this world; which the believer has been called out of.

The BIBLE IS NOT a book of dictatorship! God is a God of free choice, and free will. He demands NOTHING. He ADVISES you...for your own safety...but you dont have to listen and obey. If some of you would actually STUDY it...you'd find ALL the answers you need...or are looking for. If you studied your BIBLEs the way you study 9-11, conspiracy theories, and everything else...you wouldn't be so concerned about the world ending.

Here's what Jesus said...about the 'end of the world': Jesus said: "But of that day & hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only!"...."Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming!" (Matt 24:36,42)

Read your BIBLE, for your own sake!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Yup... That was exactly my point. Who do you trust if THAT happens?! What if TPTB are in cahoots with the aliens and are conspiring to save themselves (religiously or any way really) at our expense? What if "Adam and Eve" were aliens sent here to prepare this world for habitation and their brethren show up to find this? There are so many interesting possibilities I've pondered over the years. I hope I get to see the day that I know the truth, whatever that is.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
I wonder...is the BIBLE just a book of words...that no one bothers to read? Cut it, slice it, dice it..however you see fit...but it's TRUTH. Now, we can sit here and say...til the sun turns blue..."it was a book written by man"...and you would be right! But, my arguement is this: "Is man smarter than God"? To believe that the BIBLE is just a book "written by man", means you believe man is smarter than his Creator. Do you REALLY believe that God would let HIS word get twisted, and not have TRUTHS in it? Do you believe that God would let a man, translate HIS word differently...no matter how many times they edit it? If that's what you believe, you need to get off your high horse. You're not that intelligent..and neither are all the smartest minds, on this planet, COMBINED! Nothing can compete with the Creator of heaven and earth! Look around you. Man did NOTHING!

The BIBLE is nothing more than an instruction manual to the BELIEVER. God WILL NOT open HIS word up to those that DO NOT believe; it's not for them. It's for the people of faith!!! It was written to TEACH them how to have VICTORY, in their lives. It teaches how to have financial victory, spirtitual victory, and earthly victory. It's an instruction manual on how to live life; outside of this world; which the believer has been called out of.

The BIBLE IS NOT a book of dictatorship! God is a God of free choice, and free will. He demands NOTHING. He ADVISES you...for your own safety...but you dont have to listen and obey. If some of you would actually STUDY it...you'd find ALL the answers you need...or are looking for. If you studied your BIBLEs the way you study 9-11, conspiracy theories, and everything else...you wouldn't be so concerned about the world ending.

Here's what Jesus said...about the 'end of the world': Jesus said: "But of that day & hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only!"...."Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming!" (Matt 24:36,42)

Read your BIBLE, for your own sake!

This is the kind of reminder we frequently need! Thank you for posting it. By God, through believers, for believers. And I completely agree, that our God would never allow His Word to be twisted into something completely different than it's intended meaning...

However, I fully expect that there will be new translations coming along soon enough that WILL be misleading... as it would appear that the "falling away" is well underway. The Gay/Lesbian Bible that's coming out (or has come out?) -- no pun intended -- would be an example of that... IMHO.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Harold Camping is out on a limb and his use of the Bible to date set is completely inane and misguided. On the disclosure issue its a common canard that ET would cause people to abandon their religion. I can only speak of Christianity but theologians are not at all threatened by the possibility that God has not told us everything. Ted Peters writes,

Now, in my judgment, such alleged conventional wisdom regarding the predicted demise of religion is misleading and unfounded. It is misleading because it commits the fallacy of false alternatives: either believe in the ancient God of Israel or believe the speculative facts about ETIL (extraterrestrial intelligent life). This is a false set of alternatives, because theologians both Christian and Jewish could easily absorb new knowledge regarding extraterrestrial life.

www.counterbalance.org...

In fact, during his talk at the God Man and ET conference Dr. Michael Heiser presented a case that historically theologians were even branded heretics for not believing that an omnipotent God probably had created other worlds. Still yet there are also a number of people who suspect they might be demonic inter-dimensional entities and not EBEs at all. LA Marzulli is sounding the alarm about a great alien deception. However, This demonic theory includes secular researchers as well:

"The ‘medical examination’ to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscient of the medieval tales of encounters with demons.” Jacques Vallee, Confrontations, p. 13.

“UFO behaviour is more akin to magic than to physics as we know it… the modern UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.” Pierre Guerin, FSR Vol. 25, No. 1, p. 13-14.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join