It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Afghan spy chief: I knew where bin Laden was

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Ex-Afghan spy chief: I knew where bin Laden was

www.google.com

WASHINGTON – Afghanistan's former intelligence chief says he knew Osama bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan four years ago, but Pakistan's leaders rejected his claims.

In an interview broadcast Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes," Amrullah Saleh says Afghan intelligence thought bin Laden was in the Pakistani city of Mansehra — about 12 miles away from Abbottabad, where the terrorist leader was eventually found and killed by U.S. Navy SEALs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.cnsnews.com

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
More Propaganda For The 'Anti' Pakistan View the US is now taking

Sounds identical to what they started to do with 'Iraq'

building these 'Rumors' and 'Propaganda' to condition the Mass that Pakistan = Terror and gives them the mind frame for War..

He told CBS: "They take your money. They do not co-operate. They created the Taliban. They are number one in nuclear proliferation."

Pakistan is now the creator of the 'Taliban'? and number one in 'nuclear proliferation'?

Rubbish,

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This could swing either way so I dont think it is disinfo.

On the one hand it could be used against pakistan for ignoring the spy's intel or it could be used against the US for not listening to the spy's they pay.

Either way someone has some explaining to do! Which either side will never do!

edit on 15-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: elaborated & grammar

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

this doesnt make sense.. who is this guy? is he on america's side or was he for the taliban?
because if he is pro america,, surely he would of told the u.s 4 years ago and they would have acted sooner, also pakistan would have either acted on this information or would have warned osama his location had been discovered. whichever side of the fence they are sitting on..
whatever scenario you look at how can the most wanted man in the world remain somewhere for 4 YEARS after his location was widely known..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

building these 'Rumors' and 'Propaganda' to condition the Mass that Pakistan = Terror and gives them the mind frame for War..

He told CBS: "They take your money. They do not co-operate. They created the Taliban. They are number one in nuclear proliferation."

Pakistan is now the creator of the 'Taliban'? and number one in 'nuclear proliferation'?

There is nothing about those two quotes that are "rubbish."

The Pakistani ISI did indeed create the Taliban to fight the Russians in Afg (with the help of Rep. Charlie Wilson and the CIA.)

If you take into account the fact the A.Q. Khan is indeed the father of the Pakistani bomb - and a worldwide nuclear proliferation network - and add to that the fact that his "punishment" was house arrest in his multi-million dollar home/compound, then I would say that statement is accurate too.

Nobody can tell me that Pakistan wasn't sheltering bin-Laden when he lived 100 yards away from the front gate of their version of West Point for what, 8 years? The Pakistani government is duplicitous at best, and extremely dangerous in all likelihood.

I'm not advocating war with them by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Likewise any government at that..

The whole business of lies and propaganda is rubbish, and it's how the US get into all of their Wars.. why wasn't the "Evil" Pakistan brought to light sooner? why right after they allegedly ""Killed"" Osama did the news on "Evil" Pakistan Commence?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Likewise any government at that..

The whole business of lies and propaganda is rubbish, and it's how the US get into all of their Wars.. why wasn't the "Evil" Pakistan brought to light sooner? why right after they allegedly ""Killed"" Osama did the news on "Evil" Pakistan Commence?

Since you ask, it's been about ten years now, if not prior. Pakistan has always been considered an "iffy" ally of the US and has NEVER been completely trusted. After 9/11 Blair/Bush met with Mushareef and basically said if he cooperated we'd give him a blank check. Naturally, he cooperated to get the money. His military intelligence has been under suspicion the entire time, and this has been reported even by the MSM for years.

The point is that "Evil Pakistan" is hardly anything new. If one thinks so, one has not been paying attention.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wait a minute does anybody remember maybe three weeks ago I could be off but on 60 minutes they had the iraqi guy who was telling everybody that saddam had all these weapons and he admitted to lying. I forget his motivation maybe it was to get extradited. I forget, but you could tell fro mhis responses this is guy is a certified liar. ANd the interviewer for 60 minutes even said its hard to tell when he was telling the truth. could this Pakistani guy be like this. Does anybody remeber what I am talking about or saw that 60 minutes a couple of weeks ago??

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Taliban didn't exist until the 1990s. The CIA and the ISI created the Mujahadeen which later on broke up and fought against each other. ISI created the Taliban to get influence in Afghanistan.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Nobody can tell me that Pakistan wasn't sheltering bin-Laden when he lived 100 yards away from the front gate of their version of West Point for what, 8 years? The Pakistani government is duplicitous at best, and extremely dangerous in all likelihood
reply to post by OldCorp

So are you saying that the pakistani government was willing to risk the wrath of the greatest military know to man for harboring there number 1 enemy?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

What do they need to be afraid of? The U.S. is already at war with two countries and the economy is in shambles. Of course they are confident that the U.S. will not go to war with Pakistan. We killed Osama Bin Laden yet we don't do anything to Pakistan afterwards even with all the evidence right there.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The Pashtun tribes were filling the void left by the Soviets in Southern Afghanistan after their retreat. The ISI saw some common ground with them and started to fund them with arms and money in an effort to seize control of the Afghan government and nation.

The Mujaheddin of the 80's and the Taliban, although related, are separate entities.

A good brief on this is found here...

www.pbs.org...

And the guy being interviewed, his book is a much better history of the whole deal.

www.amazon.com...

Another good read on the whole subject is Eric Margolis' War at the Top of the World.

www.amazon.ca...

edit on 15-5-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So Will Pakistan Be Obama's Iraq?

My mind has lapsed, did Bush Include Pakistan in his Axis Of Evil?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

technically the u.s are at war in 3 countries..
2nd line

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Thanks for the correction.
2nd line.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by OldCorp

The Pashtun tribes were filling the void left by the Soviets in Southern Afghanistan after their retreat. The ISI saw some common ground with them and started to fund them with arms and money in an effort to seize control of the Afghan government and nation.

The Mujaheddin of the 80's and the Taliban, although related, are separate entities.

A good brief on this is found here...

www.pbs.org...

And the guy being interviewed, his book is a much better history of the whole deal.

www.amazon.com...

Another good read on the whole subject is Eric Margolis' War at the Top of the World.

www.amazon.ca...

edit on 15-5-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by OldCorp

Taliban didn't exist until the 1990s. The CIA and the ISI created the Mujahadeen which later on broke up and fought against each other. ISI created the Taliban to get influence in Afghanistan.

You're both right; I stand corrected. I did actually know that, but I've been lazy today. Actually I don't know if it's literal laziness or just a weariness with all the lies, counter-lies, coverups, misdirection, and false flags. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the "Mujaheddin" as opposed to al-Qaeda and the Taliban. The Mujis were truly fighting against oppression at the hands of the Russian invaders, and some - specifically men like Ahmad Shah Massoud - are worthy of that respect. One day, I hope that everyone who has contributed to the manipulation of the truth to satisfy their own personal quest for power and accumulation of insane amounts of treasure - at the expense of OUR blood - gets exactly what is coming to them. Benito Mussolini comes to mind.

Originally posted by American-philosopher

Nobody can tell me that Pakistan wasn't sheltering bin-Laden when he lived 100 yards away from the front gate of their version of West Point for what, 8 years? The Pakistani government is duplicitous at best, and extremely dangerous in all likelihood
reply to post by OldCorp

So are you saying that the pakistani government was willing to risk the wrath of the greatest military know to man for harboring there number 1 enemy?

Since when has anyone really been afraid of the US and what it might do - especially with Muslim-butt kissing Obama in the White House? Saddam Hussein promised that if we invaded American troops would be swimming in a sea of their own blood; Iran has been thumbing its nose at us for over 30 years; North Korea has been playing a game of brinksmanship with us for over 60 years - and despite the fact that the last two countries are playing NUCLEAR brinksmanship, we haven't invaded them or tried to topple their governments have we?

A combination of Malignant Narcissism and the chest-thumping bravado that Middle-eastern men are known for prevents them from acknowledging the fact that if we really wanted to, we could take down every oppressive regime and tinpot dictator in the word; but at the same time, they use our "civilized" Western demeanor to push us to the brink every time, because they know that unlike third world countries we won't go to war unless the American people are so outraged that they demand it - an unlikely scenario absent a stimuli like 9/11.

Obviously I was talking about full scale war in the above analysis; small scale interventions like the NATO bombings during the Balkan Wars, and the current fiasco in Libya are exceptions.

I'd like to add in closing this post that Pakistan is a nuclear armed nation, which only gave them an extra, very valid, reason to believe that we would be reluctant to invade over them hiding bin-Laden.
edit on 5/15/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Rubbish,

Rubbish? You seem to be a Pakistani fan with blinders on! Plausible Deniability is a strategy adopted by the Pakistani Establishment (The Army, ISI, and the sections of the lame duck government of Pakistan) for years. Make it a habit to read some books instead of comics.

Yes! Pakistan created the Taliban, with a little help from the CIA.. Period. I suggest you read some of the books written by none other than Pakistanis themselves. Check out what Mirza Aslam Beig was up to during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. Boiling potatoes in Afghanistan? No! He and his ilk were instrumental in creating the Taliban recruited from the Madrassas on the Afpak border.

Aslam Beg played a leading role in the military's creation of "asymmetrical assets," jargon for the jihadis, most importantly the Taliban who have long been used by the military as proxies (strategic assets) in Kashmir and Afghanistan. He was chief of the army staff from 1988 to 1991

He is essentially one of the fathers of the Taliban and one of the architects of Pakistan's strategy of 'strategic depth,' which states that Pakistan's tribal areas and Afghanistan would serve as a fallback position in case of war with India, and that jihadist groups such as the Taliban and other Pakistani terror organizations would function as both a strategic reserve and as agitators against India.

Now that the Taliban have split into the Afghan Taliban (Haqqani) and Mehsud's anti-Pakistan Tehrik -e -Taliban (Pakistan Taliban), its potency has been affected. Pakistan is fighting its own battle against the Pakistan Taliban and NOT the Afghan Taliban. Get the drift? In other words what Pakistan keeps harping that it's fighting with the US of A in the war against terror is plain balderdash! It is helping the Afghan Taliban militarily whilst fighting its own battle against the Pakistan Taliban.

Running with the hare and hunting with the hounds! And they've made suckers out of the Americans who are doling out the billions for this farce of a war! Hats off to the Pakistanis for making suckers out of the whole world, cocking a snook at everyone. How they do it is simply amazing!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wow it seems like every one knew where bin laden was but the United States!

I wonder what they have been doing over there all these years.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

As mentioned by others above, Pakistan did play a large part in creating the Taliban, they also have the fastest growing stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world, just a year or two ago the US government paid them many millions of dollars to make their stockpile safer against any attacks from the Taliban and their friends. And instead the Pakistani government spent the money on building more weapons to threaten India with....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

So Will Pakistan Be Obama's Iraq?

My mind has lapsed, did Bush Include Pakistan in his Axis Of Evil?

Oh yes.

See this link to a video. Unfortunately being at work I can't view the video but the title says it all.

CIA Announces That Next False Flag Terror Op Will Be Blamed On Pakistan's ISI

CIA Announces False Flag Attack To Be Blamed On ISI

No surprise there then. So let's see. The first False Flag was Oklahoma Bombing blamed on that guy McVie, next was 9/11 blamed on Muslims, 7/7 blamed on Muslims then the pakistani one will be pakistans intelligence services ISI. And surprisingly enough the ISI is not on the approved New World Order Intelligence list.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f49c8e8f85b6.gif[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join