It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local tsunami alert after 6.5 quake off Papua New Guinea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Local tsunami alert after 6.5 quake off Papua New Guinea

www.google.com[/ur l]

SYDNEY — A strong 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck beneath the sea off Papua New Guinea on Monday, US seismologists said, prompting a local tsunami alert.

(visit the link for the full news article)
[url=http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4069123,00.html]link

6.5 magnitude quake hits off Papua New Guinea coast
Reuters Africa - Eric Beech, Bill Trott - ‎57 minutes ago‎
The quake's epicentre was about 76 miles (122 km) west of Arawa, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea. It occurred at a depth of 27 miles (43 km), USGS said. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said there was no threat of a tsunami from the quake. ...
beneath the sea off Papua New Guinea this morning, US seismologists said, prompting a local tsunami alert. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage from the quake, which hit at 04:37 am at a depth ...
Quake Hits Papua New Guinea Coast

edit on 15-5-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
(NewsCore) - BOUGAINVILLE REGION, Papua New Guinea -- A strong 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea at 4:37am Monday local time, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.

The epicenter of the quake was located about 76 miles (122 kilometers) west of Bougainville Island at a depth of around five miles (8.1 kilometers), USGS reported.

There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.

Read more: Quake Hits Papua New Guinea Coast www.myfoxtwincities.com...

www.google.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[url=http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4069123,00.html]Link to Ynetnews

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I hope everyone is okay and no tsunami comes out of this ...

They've had a lot of earthquakes in the recent Weeks ...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

This is so sad news and I pray there will be no tsunami this time. I guess HAARP is working overtime

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stavis

i put the link for usgs :
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stavis

It is working overtime for sure ... When you look at the World Map you see nothing but EarthQuakes

World Wide Quake Map

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
reply to post by stavis

It is working overtime for sure ... When you look at the World Map you see nothing but EarthQuakes

World Wide Quake Map

It is so sick and sad that this can keep going on! Not possible that nature is behind all of them earthquakes

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well all we can do is hope for the best. OK where are the HAARP people on this?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stavis

reply to post by stavis

World Wide Quake Map

It is so sick and sad that this can keep going on! Not possible that nature is behind all of them earthquakes

How is it not possible nature is behind the quakes? .. I hear lots of talk but no evidence .. it's frustrating seeing HAARP mentioned every time there's a tremor in the world now ...

and this quake is actually relatively minor.. the only reason it was a concern is because it occurred in the ocean and could have generated some dangerous waves.. everyone is hyper sensitive to EQs these days and I understand that, but we've been having quakes non stop around the globe since long before I existed.. Japan has major quakes on a cyclical basis .. they were kind of due for one.. and a quake that massive can spark others around the world.. LA is due for a massive quake as well .. a geologist on the news said that the Japan quake can in turn trigger LA seismic activity up to a year after.
edit on 15-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Good to know there wasnt any tsunami. Wasnt it prophesized that there would be more earthquakes in the last days? And it does seem there are a whole lot of them these days! Then again its probably just HAARP!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

If you visit the HAARP website you will see from the HAARP Induction Magnetometer data charts that HAARP has been actively broadcasting a 1.8hz signal for the past several weeks. Major flooding in the New Madrid Fault Line regions is the result of this 1.8hz sustained HAARP broadcast. Pay close attention to the induction magnetometer data for May 12, 2011 (data image accompanies this article above). HAARP was blasting the ionosphere with so much energy that the entire chart is filled with constant energy spikes – recorded from 1.8hz to 3.4hz. The HAARP broadcast started at 4:00 PM May 11, 2011 and constantly broadcasted until after 4:00 AM on May 13, 2011 – a total of 36 hours of HAARP broadcasting. Compared to the data published for a normal atmospheric day these induction magnetometer readings suggests a major earthquake is emanate. As FEMA is preparing to launch an exercise that centers on the scenario of a catastrophic earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone the HAARP data gives evidence that the New Madrid Seismic Zone is the target for a major earthquake – not a simulated one but a real one.

I don't know if this guy knows what he is talking about or not, but he and alot of other people on other websites have been saying HAARP has been very active since the first of May.

presscore.ca...

another site
www.dutchsinse.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well those black guys that live in the mountains and call themselves the "fuzzy wuzzies" are notoriously afraid of the water. They area strange bunch but they are not as stupid as people might like to suggest.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think the Earth just farted. :\

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by stavis

World Wide Quake Map

Why isn't it possible the 'nature' is responsible for all of these earthquakes? I deem it highly possible that 'nature' is responsible for all of these earthquakes, given the geologic record.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

reply to post by stavis

World Wide Quake Map

Why isn't it possible the 'nature' is responsible for all of these earthquakes? I deem it highly possible that 'nature' is responsible for all of these earthquakes, given the geologic record.

Because nowadays we MUST find someone/something to blame other then natural causes..(sarcastic remark closed)

top topics

join