It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Iraqi Terrorist's trying to accomplish?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am struggling to see what the "terrorist" in Iraq are trying to accomplish. I understand that they want us to leave and leave now. Then what?

* Simply to take the countries government over by force and form a new regime (a bid for power)?
* A design by the surrounding countries who have everything to loose by the spread of democracy?
* A desire to blasts themselves further into the stone ages?

What percentage of the country sees the benefit of a political system in which they elect their own leaders and those leaders are out of office in 4 to 8 years before they become too terribly corrupt?

I'm at the point where I'm starting to think we should put Saddam back in charge because he seems to be the only person who can control the people of Iraq....

Any opinions?

[edit on 2-8-2004 by adamhum]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think the problem is that there are large numbers of ad hoc groups with conflicting motives ranging from religous zealotry to a fear of being tried of complicity with the old regime. It is precisely this disunity that creates such a problem for the coaliton. Instead of a concerted strategy they end up playing "whack-a-mole" with the resistance.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So what's Abu Musab al-Zarqawi motivation? It seems that he wants power.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamhum
So what's Abu Musab al-Zarqawi motivation? It seems that he wants power.

Yes he surely does look like it... but now he is desperately try to get in touch with Osama see: www.foxnews.com...
In think he has "seen the error of his ways" now that his house is surrounded

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So basically this guy likes to travel the middle east looking for a fight.

new topics

top topics

join