It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Muses About Creating Internet Agency to Combat Falsehoods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If Bill Clinton had his way, there would be an Internet agency created by the U.S. government or United Nations to debunk malicious rumors that originate and spread online.

"I think it would be a legitimate thing to do," Clinton told CNBC in an interview that aired Friday. He was interviewed alongside Mati Kochavi, a cybersecurity entrepreneur.

But Clinton added that if such an agency were ever created, it would have to be "totally transparent" about where its funding came from and would have to be independent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.foxnews.com...

I'd love to see how Bill Clinton thinks that ANY agency can be "totally transparent". There is absolutely NO WAY that any agency like this could be independently funded enough to make it a viable idea.

The money would have to come from some source, and no matter what the source, it would be tied to something.,

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Bill better stay with his young nurses and leave the internet to us people who care about America and the rest of the world...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Dude. Really?! There is already a thread on this and it literally has the same title as yours. Did you even do a search?
Bill Clinton Muses About Creating Internet Agency to Combat Falsehoods

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You mean the agency would do it’s best to protect government and corporate crimes by spreading their usual falsehood like the OS of 911 and the recent killing of OBL. I can only imagine that most of their funding will come from these corrupt corporations working with our corporate own government.
The fact is corruption doesn’t like the truth.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here comes the monopolization of "truth" in the hands of the Gov't, which will almost inevitably be puppeteered by corporate interests, in line with the status quo -scary indeed!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Don't we already have one called Moveon.org?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

Information Department: Imposters of the Shillary
edit on 15-5-2011 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
George Orwell is was prophet. Behold the birth pains of the Ministry of Truth, I can't imagine a better way to spend our tax money than to create Orwellian institutions dedicated to protecting evil and corruption. I think we're just going to end up copying Israel's Megaphone though.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

That's exactly what sprung to my mind as well. If there's anyone who hasn't yet read 1984, do yourself a favor and read it now. Let it be the first of many dystopian novels. You'll get a nice glimpse of what's coming unless you do something now.

And by "now", I mean 20 years ago.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't think Orwell is a prophet, but more likely, that he was an insider like Huxley.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by babybunnies

You mean the agency would do it’s best to protect government and corporate crimes by spreading their usual falsehood like the OS of 911 and the recent killing of OBL. I can only imagine that most of their funding will come from these corrupt corporations working with our corporate own government.
The fact is corruption doesn’t like the truth.

Sure, as truth leaks out more and more every day, and all of the efforts of professional shills, disinfo agents and sockpuppets fail to brainwash the masses as to believing in 'coincidence theories', we hear more and more grumblings and rumblings from all the King's jesters as to how we need to start a war on "Thought crimes'.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

or Faux nuz, or CNN, or MSNBC, or the New York Times, or the Washigton Post or put in your favorite Mockingbird media controlled kept press source.....

top topics

join