It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weston Price Looked for Vegans But Found Only Cannibals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In the early 20th century, Weston A. Price sought out to find vegans in the hills of the south sea islands....

A special effort was accordingly made to penetrate deeply into the interior of the two largest Islands where the inhabitants were living quite remote from the sea, with the hope that groups of individuals would be found living solely on a vegetarian diet. Not only were no individuals or groups found, even in the interior, who were not frequently receiving shell fish from the sea, but I was informed that they recognized that they could not live over three months in good health without getting something from the sea. A native interpreter informed me that this had been one of the principal causes of bitter warfare between the hill tribes and coast tribes of that and all of the Pacific Islands, since the hill people could not exist without some sea foods to supplement their abundant and rich vegetable diet of the mountain country.

This guide and many others explained to me that cannibalism had its origin in the recognition by the hill people that the livers and other organs of their enemies from the coast provided the much needed chemicals which were requisite to supplement the plant foods. Several highly informed sons of cannibals and a few who acknowledged that they had eaten “long pig” advised me that it was common knowledge that the people who had lived by the sea and who had been able to obtain lots of sea foods, particularly the fishermen, were especially sought for staying a famine. One native told me of having left an Island where he was engaged in fishing because of a tip that came to him that his life was in danger because of his occupation.

An entirely vegan diet does not promote wellness. Veganism is not sustainable unless supplemented with animal products. The longest living people around the world consume an omnivorous diets. The few that are nearly entirely vegan....not so much.

Source: www.westonaprice.org...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Just curious, is your intent to promote more animal slaughter and meat eating?
Good job with that. I have Nutrition and Physical Degeneration and he proves a modern diet is calamitous for teeth. That is all he proves.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Just curious, is it your intent to consistently troll my threads/posts about nutrition? The topic at hand is not about the ethical/moral issues surrounding dietary choices. They are, however, about the nutritional aspects. If you want to debate with somebody about how killing animals for food is murder...go post a thread in the social issues forum. If you want to debate how eating animal products is bad for the environment...post it in the fragile earth forum.

...BUT, don't try to derail my threads fallaciously by trying to bait me off-topic with your straw-man posts.

If you actually read anything of Weston A. Price, you would undoubtedly notice that his observations were not strictly on the dental health of those tribes he visited. :@

join