It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do God and "Aliens" have to be mutually exclusive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
somebody once said to me "you know how you told me that you don't really believe in god?"

and I said "no, i never would have said that because I DO believe in god"

and he said "well, you know how you told me you believe in aliens and that they are related to the history of mankind rather?"

edit on 14-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's entirely possible that there is a God, along with Aliens, and that life has evolved. People like to label themselves as something and then argue their beliefs with anyone who doesn't agree. Republicans
Democrats.......Atheists
Creationists.............Alien believers
Skeptics it goes on and on. Great post OP.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I like this thread. I was actually thinking the other day about this very thing. OK, like spaceships for example or UFO's. I thought of the old saying "When in Rome". Maybe god/jesus is too powerful to just appear on earth out of the blue. It could upset the natural balance of the planet, maybe causing major world-wide events such as massive earthquakes and such. So maybe He would need a manufactured craft of sorts and take on a human form to come here instead of just swooping in, as is, so to speak. Just a thought.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Simple answer to the OP:

If you want Aliens to be "Gods", then call them Gods.

Egyptians used to consider cats as Gods

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

God, aliens, angels, demons, could indeed all be the same things, it's just a matter of semantics. I've never understood the people that think the existence of one negates the possibility of the other.

Personally I believe that the 'God' of the bible was probably what we would call today an 'alien' or advanced being. The force that really is 'God' is something of a much more complex nature.

I think that thousands of years ago mankind was only able to make sense of what might have been advanced technology or beings by labelling them as angels or gods. Today many people still do this as the concept of an abstract creative force that is both good and evil simultaneously is a hard one to grasp. Again good and evil are concepts that man uses to make sense of what we see and which is sometimes hard to understand.

As our understanding of the universe moves along I think human beings will have to employ a less primitive way of thinking in order to understand the beings we have labeled as 'gods' or 'angels'. I believe that when we finally make open contact with other races, they will have also moved on from the tales from holy books and view the creative powers of the universe in a much more mature manner. They will generally look at such things in much more scientific terms and not view other beings as worthy of their worship or unquestioning obedience. They might even be some of the beings that have been called gods in the past!

edit on 15-5-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: bufoonery

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
Simple answer to the OP:

If you want Aliens to be "Gods", then call them Gods.

Egyptians used to consider cats as Gods

I have 6 rescued cats, they're all indoor, and they know they are Gods. lol

As for Gods plural. I believe in one true god, but I also believe that possibly that God and his Angels could be what we think of as Aliens and our creator.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I realize that this is an extreme theory, And I remain a skeptic to it.

What if "God" was an extremely powerfull ET that was so advanced that we (humans at the time) infered that he was some mystical being that can control everything? I'm sure it would have seemed that way if a barbaric population of humans saw a technologically advanced being that was much too complicated for them to fully understand.
His "Angels" Could have just been soldiers sent down from the "Heaven" (Or in this theory a spaceship.)

And then this Battle with "Lucifer", Could have been a separate possibly rival force in the universe that wanted to destroy "God" and take the humans for his race. (For slave purposes, ect)

Why does everything come from the sky? (Heavens), The only other thing that is in the sky is Space. Would the early people be able to distinguish a difference between an extremely powerful extraterrestrial and a "God"?

There is a show on the History channel called "Ancient Aliens" that talks about the Ancient Astronaut theory and they have some pretty moving inferences (And some bull# to be expected of course)

But if you hear them out and listen to them for an episode or two, It really gets your wheels turning.

No I am not trolling, And I do not fully believe this is fact. I Just think that it COULD be a possible scenario. Thoughts perhaps?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join