It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do God and "Aliens" have to be mutually exclusive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When I hear people talk about how they don't believe in GOD but they do believe in Aliens, I have always wondered, why couldn't they be one in the same? Could God and his Angels have been turned into myth while "Aliens" are becoming popular reasons for how the earth was made, how cultures built structures etc.

The same people talk about evolution of species as proof of no God. Well...why couldn't God have created these wonderful creatures and flora and fauna? Evolution might be part and parcel with his creations, to continue life as the world changes and a mechanism for survival.

Read the Bible and you'll find examples of things that many would call Alien but it is in fact GOD as written in the Bible by the deciples.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have always thought of this... I always wonder why people say that if aliens exist then all religion would fail...
When I read the bible and hear things like Messengers of god, or ascended from heaven... I think Hmm... That sounds an awful lot like aliens or what the ancient civilizations have written about in the past, to me it all ties in together. they go hand in hand, and people look at me weird because they don't understand how that could be...
Sarah

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Almost all religions on earth are based on alien gods from what we can deduct. So I don't believe in earth gods.

That doesn't mean that those aliens don't have their own beliefs and it doesn't mean there isn't a "god" somewhere.

I like to believe god is a dreamer and that it is the point to try to access higher dimensions to eventually become a dreamer and this makes infinity and "life" possible. So god is us, we are all part of god.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahraeann
I have always thought of this... I always wonder why people say that if aliens exist then all religion would fail...
When I read the bible and hear things like Messengers of god, or ascended from heaven... I think Hmm... That sounds an awful lot like aliens or what the ancient civilizations have written about in the past, to me it all ties in together. they go hand in hand, and people look at me weird because they don't understand how that could be...
Sarah

I agree. Even look at the Ark of the Covenant. The bible describes what happened to the people that looked at it, and the description matches identically to what we know as Radiation sickness.

Also when the Isrealites were in the desert for years, they ate something called MANA, turns out scientists have figured out how a machine could have produced a spirulina form of food that could provide all the nutrition and even water needed.

When Angels arrived they described fire and smoke. Etc Etc

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SigmundFRAUD

I agree. Even look at the Ark of the Covenant. The bible describes what happened to the people that looked at it, and the description matches identically to what we know as Radiation sickness.

Also when the Isrealites were in the desert for years, they ate something called MANA, turns out scientists have figured out how a machine could have produced a spirulina form of food that could provide all the nutrition and even water needed.

Those things that you mentioned regarding the "Ark of the Covenant" and the "Mana" machine were featured in an episode of "Ancient Aliens".
You have to remember that "Ancient Aliens" is made with entertainment in mind and shouldn't be taken too seriously!
If you really analyse what is contained in "Ancient aliens".......you'll find that most of the theories in the program are based on pseudoscience rather than any real science.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have never watched a show called Acient Aliens. ? I base what I say on different subjects on research and from reading books and old manuscripts. Antiquarian of sorts.

PS, I am in the film industry, I know what a crock they can put out there. Viewer beware.
edit on 14-5-2011 by SigmundFRAUD because: .

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

You got that right brother. According to me, there is no natural division between religion and science. All miracles Jesus performed can be understood as physic powers and control of energy of a superior being.

The interpretation of the Bible need to be "updated", according to the current knowledge of mankind. Religions and their leaders are to blame, spreading ignorance for centuries and multiplying sheeple to feed the elites.

For that reason, today it's hard for many people to accept what you are saying in your post.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yep, I agree with you.

I wish we could get more people to discuss this, as I think it is interesting, maybe the MOST interesting topic out there. It could have all the answers.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I have never watched a show called Acient Aliens. ? I base what I say on different subjects on research and from reading books and old manuscripts. Antiquarian of sorts.

PS, I am in the film industry, I know what a crock they can put out there. Viewer beware.
edit on 14-5-2011 by SigmundFRAUD because: .

Well regardless if you seen the show or not both the Ark of the covenant radiation and Mana machine producing spirula is STILL based on pseudoscience not real science.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
The interpretation of the Bible need to be "updated", according to the current knowledge of mankind. Religions and their leaders are to blame, spreading ignorance for centuries and multiplying sheeple to feed the elites.

The Bible, Koran, Torah, and all other "holy" books are just as bad as each other, they are all fairy stories which have only managed to divide mankind rather than bring any peace.

A totally secular world may just be as violent.......but at least men won't kill each other based on ancient fairy stories.

Take Israel....... some Israeli settlers won't tolerate Palestinians on their land on account of what their "Holy" book told them thousands of years ago " that the land was given to them by God!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Those things that you mentioned regarding the "Ark of the Covenant" and the "Mana" machine were featured in an episode of "Ancient Aliens".
You have to remember that "Ancient Aliens" is made with entertainment in mind and shouldn't be taken too seriously!
If you really analyse what is contained in "Ancient aliens".......you'll find that most of the theories in the program are based on pseudoscience rather than any real science.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

Pseudo science? It's speculation based on cold hard facts, much like main stream (or better said, widely accepted as "true") science.

If you look at how often main stream science has to "adjust their numbers" lately to make old theories fit new data, i think there's a fine line between "science" and "fiction" (or pseudo science as you kindly called it)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Pseudo science? It's speculation based on cold hard facts, much like main stream (or better said, widely accepted as "true") science.

If you look at how often main stream science has to "adjust their numbers" lately to make old theories fit new data, i think there's a fine line between "science" and "fiction" (or pseudo science as you kindly called it)

Perhaps I was being too diplomatically PC when I described it as "Pseudoscience".......what I really wanted to call it was BS!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

This is pretty much actually my belief as well.

Pretty much all the old stories are true, just from different groups' different perspectives and not necessarily with complete understanding. Some of course shaded and altered by time, but with roots in reality, and man's history goes back much further thank we're currently aware of. Previous destruction of society as a result of knowledge received from and manipulations by these beings.

Not extraterrestrial as in just biologicals from "out there," but not just spiritual ethereal weirdness either. There are multiple dimensions of reality, and I believe the 'spiritual' just exists in one/some of these higher dimensions and can interact with out own. As such, they would have capabilities outside our own understanding (magic/miracles/perspective of time and the future) as well as operate outside our time limitations.

Thanks for the thread, I look forward to seeing everyone else's thoughts on this.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Nice, Trueman - I agree, my view is just that science is merely the laws of god at work in the physical world and I find no significant disagreement within either myself - sure, what people want to interpret as a result might conflict with current understanding of science, but those aren't the only interpretations, and science is always developing anyway.

As far as the miracles of Jesus and the bible's statements on faith, science is also coming across some very interesting things when looking at quantum physics and the placebo effect, among other things. I don't think things are nearly as cut and dried as we like to think they are - and I believe they will likely get much more strange and fantastic as things go by, and a lot less will get dismissed as religious fantasy or science fiction.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I definitely believe in a higher creator. I refer to this creator as "Prime Creator". All the religions who think they worship this and buy into the Biblical stories of Jehovah and the mythologically deities as Gods are being deceived by entities that were either mistaken as Gods,lied about being Gods or have jurisdiction as creators of Earth humans for purposes not completely understood. They are not the most high or the most holy. They most certainly have something to do with our current genetic make-up and seem to have a plan for our future genetics.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Again...nothing wrong with the Holy Books, is the interpretation we gave them what mislead us. Radicals in the Middle East, for example, find an excuse in their books for killing people. Probably the mentality they have is been almost the same for centuries, rejecting a new perspective that could lead them to understand and accept people different to them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Bible also states that "Angels walk among us and we are not aware of them"..... could counter those saying Aliens are here on the earth. No?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The Bible also states that "Angels walk among us and we are not aware of them"..... could counter those saying Aliens are here on the earth. No?

No.......spirits/ghosts may exist......indeed from personal experience I would say they do indeed exist.....but biblical "angels" are merely a construct of the imagination of man.......just as God and Jesus is.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So you believe in the boogie man and ghost, but deny Angels exist.....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

So you believe in the boogie man and ghost, but deny Angels exist.....

Boogie man?

Where exactly have I mentioned the boogie man???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join