It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues Get Warm In The Search for Planet X - New York Times 1983

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thought you guys might be interested in this newspaper clipping from the New York Times where they appear to state it's a Brown Dwarf.

Just thought I'd bring it for the attention of those interested.

yowusa.com...

Compare it to what they are saying now!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

thankyou, i appreciate your posting this.
2nd line

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Very interesting read. Thanks for posting.
Dr. Anderson seems to know what he is talking about.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Anyone know anything more about this

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

Thanks for the posting - I have read a number of opinions about this article and whether it can be discounted or not now - but without the original source material.

My original interest in a 12th planet was from study of ancient Sumerian texts (albeit transcribed into English) numerous years ago- and at that time I made a mental note to look more closely at future NEO discovery announcements, so the Comet ELENIN news certainly got my attention. Unfortunately, astronomy isn't my field, so I am relying on information from our ATS astronomer friends to keep us posted.

Thanks again for the link!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

sEEkeye, thanks so much for, first, finding this gem of an article in the first place, and second, for posting it for all oF us to sEE. I was 15 and just starting to take an interest in current news events when this was first printed.
Is it just me, or is this article really well written and articulate. When I compare it to a piece "written" today, one can really see just hoW far we have fallen....................

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thanx OP for posting this article. Many researchers of Elenin/Niburu have been in need of proof of a 10th planet. Well this does not prove Elenin/Niburu, it certainly proves that we still do not know everything about our solar system. We still have a lot of studying to do!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I do remember something about Planet X being mentioned in MSM when I was probably 11 or 12 at day camp for boy scouts. I remember clear as day a map of the solar system tacked the wooden back board of a baseball field for "astronomy class". And I remember I argued my butt off about planet X out past pluto because I heard it on the news. And I remember being called retarded and such. And that was 17 years ago after this article was published.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Pleased to have brought this - now you have another little piece of the jig saw!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Very interesting read. Thanks for posting.it is still a secret.

top topics

join