It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website claiming major quake for New Madrid on 5/14/2011!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Don't know what to make of this one, but thought people might want to know in case something happens - www.earth-issues.com...

Mod Note: Do not simply post a 1-liner with a link. If you wish to make ATS members aware of a website/issue, post the link, the first paragraph from the source, AND your opinion/take on the issue!
edit on 14-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Looks like just a regular person posting a prediction...much like on here.

I will say I'll be the first one to crap myself if something happens though.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
earthquake prediction is impractical. sure you can look at all the different faults and assume it may happen but the odds are you won't be able to time it. too many variables. the stress can stabalize in one area and release at another and vice-versa, could be building up for a west coast quake, or another indian ocean 2004 quake for all we know.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Atleast it's the 14th so we don't have to wait that long.
I predict nothing will happen, if it does I'll personally fly over there and help them clean up.

Why are there so many predictions about eartquakes?
Is it because of 2012 is comming closer? Is it because that may 21 rapture thing?
I wish i knew,

Keep swinging in the dark and you will eventualy hit something.

Thanks for the link will have a better look of the site.

OnlyLove.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove

Best way to sum up 93.4% of the stuff on here. I like...I really like.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ok, this got my curiosity going, so I went searching and found this - roadsidemystic.blogspot.com...

Anybody living in that area experiencing anything out of the ordinary right now?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Originally posted by OnlyLove

Best way to sum up 93.4% of the stuff on here. I like...I really like.

Haha so true.
Walter: "we loooove it heeeere"
And i love random statistics! Thanks friend for the first chuckle of the day.

The reason people predict things is because they want something to happen in their mondane lives, and for 5 min of fame of course.IMO

Thanks,
OnlyLove

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well Rome survived the last prediction where it was supposed to be totally destroyed on the 11th May by a mega earthquake. I suspect Madrid will still be standing on the 15th

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Dunno about predictions, but I *do* worry that the tons of pressure on the fault via the flooding COULD cause the fault to pressurize and destabilize, but doing some calculations, I would expect the most dangerous time for the New Madrid fault to 'wake up' would be AFTER the flooding has passed.

Think of the ground as a weak, rusty spring. the flooding presses it down, compromising it, and when its weight is lifted (i.e flooding has passed) the spring shoots back up, and could break or warp.

IMO, I would be more worried the week after the flooding has passed...
In Louisville in 1988, the main newspaper 'The Courier Journal' had a 4 page insert saying 'within the next 50 years' the big one could hit. Well, knock 20+ years off that now, and we're getting closer.

I hope to God it doesn't. It would be devastating.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Wow.... two very fascinating websites listed in this thread so far! Thank you!

And both happen to predict a major disaster on May 14 regarding the New Madrid fault region and describe it in the same way actually... almost as if it is the same person writing in both web pages?

"it will be in or very near the New Madrid fault region although another sympathetic fault could errupt within a few days of this disaster."

The EarthIssues website predicted this apparently on April 7th, 2011.

Of course we all hope they are completely wrong even though science tells us it is just a matter of time and the earthquakes occurring in Arkansas have already had many of us praying otherwise. Compounded by the recent horrible flooding of the Mississippi River.

As far as I am concerned I see this as already a major disaster and pray strength for those affected. As a country we are losing valuable farmland that feeds us. Scary times we are witnessing folks.

Today, May 14th, there is a major disaster we know for certain will occur because they will be "unlocking" the Morganza spillway.

About 25,000 people and 11,000 structures could be in harm's way when the Morganza spillway is unlocked for the first time in 38 years.

La. readies to open spillway, flood Cajun country

Fascinating webpages regardless and and saved into my bookmarks. Thank you for posting these!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Too bad it wont happen.

Heres the thing...had the title been:

Major Website(s) claiming quake for New Madrid on 5/14/2011

instead of

Website claiming major quake for New Madrid on 5/14/2011!

I might believe it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Yes - Madrid should be ok, but I don't know about the New Madrid Fault line here in the US. Seems kind of funny to me that I posted this thread and then became aware of all the other threads in relation to it mentioning that FEMA were going to be doing their "drills" beginning May 16 and problems in the gulf of Mexico. I found the info posted here completely by accident, even though it appears to have been around for awhile, so it seems like a strange coincidence - then again, maybe not. Kind of freaking me out right now.
edit on 14-5-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: corrected date FEMA drills are scheduled to begin.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

Ok, now I am really freaking out! I didn't know about the Morganza spillway. I was actually trying to find info on the radiation from Japan as I was feeling kind of apprehensive that something is going to happen in relation to that subject and instead, kept running into mentions of a New Madrid earthquake on 5/14. I thought it was curious, so I started this thread just to see what people would have to say about it. Then, I began reading the other threads in relation to HARP and similar issues and am beginning to see a strange convergence of factors coming together, that like you, am praying don't happen. Seems like I stumbled on a strange series of "coincidences" that are now, really giving me the "heebie jeebies". Thanks for the info you posted, but for some reason, I'm getting a little worried now.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

Sorry - couldn't find a MAJOR website willing to put it's neck out for an earthquake prediction.
But, I'll try to remember that for next time. Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Exactly my point.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Yes, I wonder with the "unlocking" of the Morganza spillway as someone else posted, as well as the rains and all the other flooding going on, how much that imbalances the stress in that area and if it could possibly trigger an earthquake event? Nature has an interesting way of putting back into balance everything that humans do to disrupt it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

l wonder , why are there daily predictions for a quake, think about this, America has a couple major faults and sooner or later one or both will go off, so of everyday a prediction is made, someone will get it right through chance, when this happens whoever made that days prediction will infact become known as a prophet or great psychic.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
May 17, 2011

= 5 + 17 + 11

= 5 + 17 = 22

11 + 22 = 33

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For those of you who are unaware or are looking for information about
the Morganza Spilway... and the Historic Flood of the Mississippi that is currently happenings...

Check Out My Thread

Its been quite the project that is constantly updated by many hard working ATS members

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am about 30 miles or so from reelfoot lake so when and if this occurs in my lifetime I will have front roll seat. As of anything unusual today..not anything major.It is however pretty cold today.Not really your average May tempeture for this area but the weather is always changing here this time of year. I find it odd that it is so cold and that if memory serves me correct the tempeture was colder than usual when the new madrid went offlast time and created the lake. Maybe just coincidence..even more coiencidental:FEMA/ARC has choose to start there earthquake preparedness drills just last week here.
edit on 03/12/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: butter fingers Also I was told to have an contengency plan for our area last year for such an event...evry possible scenerio I could think of came out to look pretty grim(too many gas lines,landfills,sink holes etc. for any descent evacuation area to be safe,not to mention the 100% chance of massive flooding)
edit on 03/12/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

top topics

<<   2 >>

join