It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC - Ron Paul To Chris Matthews:"Saying I'm For Property Rights Therefore I Am A Racist Is A Gi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

man that was a brutal beat down the more air time this man gets the more votes he's going to get.
Amazing love the cheap digs they always use on him 'your people' always sounds like slime they pin truthers and activist on him
no doubt he's the real voice of america the one that hasnt been neutred like the rest of your government.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
also a great mention of doctors who prescibe too many drugs, now there is a BIG difference of opinion when a politician mentions the word Drugs:

pharmecutical companys cash in something major, and yes Marijuana is used for medical and recreational intents, and sometimes both...
so who can say the billion dollar a year industry of Big Pharma is not using that money to lobby, and use their influence to send their heads of special interest through the revolving door of the FDA...

how often does your local news report on drug busts as opposed to the same channel showing ads for the new hot pill on the market....

are the drug Reps for these companies paying for doctors, or asserting some other kind of influence to them so they will prescribe these new drug to patients...?

and then intern a year or two later we see ads for class action lawsuits.... for people who were prescibed the medication.... Whats the difference: street Pharmacists who deal drugs go to jail and pay fines, and so do users who dont have scripts from doctors, Pharmicutical companies pretty much just get sued, and return the patients their money from out of court settlements...

so who is more free when it comes down to it, the people or the corporations....? (yet another ATS poll)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I dig Hardball and I dig Ron Paul which means I was dreading this interview. However, Dr. Paul came out shining and he gave Chris Mathews an out with "it's all one package, you'll come around, Chris".

Really, I think Chris Mathews will be one of the good guys in the end. I mean, just look at the straws he was grasping for already! Just imagine how soon he'll run out of those straws!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

LOL MAN
Ron Ripped Chris a new one and i'll say something else
Ron made a good point, he said that he can't come into his office because of property rights he can be on T.V.
Speaking of morality, Chris is lucky to have property rights and so does MSNBC and Fox News
There should be no right wing news or left-wing news, there should be only news

But the Govt. has no right to walk into MSNBC's or Fox News's head office and say you need to be more unbiased.
And that sends a very strong message as well and property rights may be allowing Chris to keep his job.

But this demagoguery is ridiculous
It is nice though, to have someone running for president to not want to participate in all this smoke and mirrors

Ron definitely evolved since interviews during 2008, he's even better at handling such interviews lol

He RIPPED Chris A New One!!!

chris just shoed him in as the next president
and made himself look like a retard

+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
When Chris Mathews mentioned that laundromat with the "whites only" sign on it... did you think that might have just been a sign talking about laundry?

When it comes to laundry, color separation is important.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
When Chris Mathews mentioned that laundromat with the "whites only" sign on it... did you think that might have just been a sign talking about laundry?

When it comes to laundry, color separation is important.

That's exactly what I was thinking...I guess he never did much laundry of his own.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Did you guys catch that part where that idiot said..
"The idea of total freedom doesnt seem to work.."

Wtf is that... It worked all the way up to 1913 or so.. thats basically when the country started going down hill..

The comment about property rights..

No blacks allowed on a store front..

Property rights allows one to do this.. but as RP stated if someone wants to put a sign up like that they are an idiot but it is property rights that allows them to do it..

People pay attention, RP is not a racist, he is advocating the idea of the property rights the person as, it is up to the person to be a moron to add that sign i stated above..

MA thanks for the link.. I appreciate watching it..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Wow, all I can say is GO RON PAUL! He sure is getting bolder. Last election he seemed to let every one walk all over him, and hardly spoke up when people would speak over him.
After seeing that I really think he has a chance this time. Surprisingly though, there are many people who have never heard of him. I was on a chat with some on line friends the other day discussing the whole Osama thing, and non of the people on had heard of Ron Paul. I literally felt sick. I doubt if I would have head about him in the last election if someone hadn't sent me an e-mail saying "Check this guy out." So spread the word people. There are people out there who are so disheartened, they have given up paying attention to politics and have know clue that what they are looking for exists.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Chris Matthews is such a piece of garbage. What a shill.

I hope he gets the boot from the TV.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I watched the entire interview a bit ago as it was rerun on television and Paul's justificiation confused me. This claim that the free market would prevent people from running racist business seems to ignore the history of the United States. As Chris points out, it happened before and no one seemed to care how green the money black people had was. What was the difference between then and now other than the laws Paul wants to take back?

I am not trying to be confrontational. I have no real opinion of Paul as of yet but as I watched it, I felt like we were going in circles. He said the civil rights act is not needed because of the success of the civil rights act. That confused me.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm not going to say what I think about Chris Matthews because I believe it would be against T&C.

The reason people are afraid of Ron Paul (and thus vilifying him so blatantly) is because they know he's the only chance at beating Obama in 2012.

Quite simply, he has a message that unites most Americans because at our hearts, most of us lean libertarian as opposed to authoritarian. Liberals, such as myself, will vote for Ron Paul, because he advocates personal freedom. Conservatives who care about fiscal responsibility will vote for Ron Paul, because he believes in cutting government spending (including the bloated defense budget).

His message is one that most Americans can get behind, regardless of political affiliation. And that is why he is so dangerous. His presidency would likely undo 50+ years of carefully orchestrated division.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I didn't get that from Mathews, I think he was trying to determine how staunch Ron Pauls beliefs are...
By a great many peoples standards the 64 racial intervention could have possibly started a race war here.
It is like asking :"Is there anything you would intervene in Ron Paul???"
I sincerely think there was miscommunication going on there for the first 1/3 of the show. I enjoyed when Ron Paul stated it is old history, that is true indeed, I do wonder about how some of his ideas might pan out. Some I like
some I do not
edit on 14-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Go Ron!
He has changed his debating tactics and much to his betterment I think.

I just wish he would run as an independant, the Republicans are going to sideline him again.

I voted for him '88.

I'll do it again in 2012 if I have the chance.

If he can take Matthew's cheap shots he can handle the campaign too.

Matthews -

edit on 14-5-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Runaway1977
I watched the entire interview a bit ago as it was rerun on television and Paul's justificiation confused me. This claim that the free market would prevent people from running racist business seems to ignore the history of the United States. As Chris points out, it happened before and no one seemed to care how green the money black people had was. What was the difference between then and now other than the laws Paul wants to take back?

I am not trying to be confrontational. I have no real opinion of Paul as of yet but as I watched it, I felt like we were going in circles. He said the civil rights act is not needed because of the success of the civil rights act. That confused me.

No he was saying that the age of the US being slaves and slaves owners is ancient history.. This part from what I understand because of the 60's revolution of equal rights for blacks and women I would have to agree with him upon.. He kept calling it ancient history because it is that.. The most part of the US don't mind hanging out wit a black person or have a black person next to them on the bus or taking a piss next to one or doing laundry with them.. This is all from our past...

Also RP wasn't talking about race when he was mentioning that stuff he was talking about property rights as I stated above.. If i owned a business and wanted to put a sign up stating that no black people or Chinese people or Mexicans cant come into my shop I am able to do this because of my property rights that I have.. I can put no people with shaved heads, or no people who where green tights or someone who has writes with their right hand cant enter my store.. This is property rights.. not racism.. although the meaning is racism..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

He said he would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act.

It does not matter if he is racist or not.

The general public are not smart enough to see past this. They will read this story or hear about it and do you think they'll be raring to go to the polls and vote for him?

He's going to have to be more clear on where he stands, since not everyone who sees/hears him will bother to dig up more on his background.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Sure, he'll get votes from ATSers but they won't be enough votes to actually elect him.

THIS is why Ron Paul has not been taken seriously by the general population. THIS is what will kill his campaign, especially since he'd be running against Obama of all the people. Easy picking for his opponents.

I'm just trying to be realistic here. I want to vote for Ron but cannot over something like this.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If you size up RP's views, you'll quickly realize he's either gullible or outright deceitful. Perhaps he's playing dumb on purpose. If you take a cold hard look at history, it repeats itself. Slavery is modern day. Debt slaves, sex slaves, and child labor. This has all fallen under property rights and might equals right. The history books are chalk full of totalitarianism. It's not your usual culprit though. Government is a facade. Government is a mouthpiece for the men in the shadows of the men in the shadows. Take the monetary system... It's a pyramid scheme, and it must stop.

If Ron Paul forges his path of freedom - personal vision, he potentially hands over this country to the Corporate Elite/ World Bankers. On a sliver platter no less. Living under the system for so long, and at the ripe ol' age of 70 something... He's lost track of the dynamics for an ultimate power play. This fact should concern everyone voting for POTUS. Not that We The People have many options on the table.

The Chris Matthews interview plays out like a joke on both sides.

Here's what happens, if you let it...

The Regan legacy:

Health insurers see record profits amid hard times

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Bush legacy:

Exxon 2008 profit: A record $45 billion

money.cnn.com...

edit on 14-5-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

In a perfect world Ron Paul would make a great president. Unfortunately, it's not a perfect world. If businesses had the right to refuse people from entering, then the racist storeowners of the south would definitely bar blacks from entering. Today, storeowners from all over the U.S. would post signs of: Muslims not welcome here.

Yes, government has a tendency to go too far, but that's only because humans have a tendency to go too far. True freedom can only be achieved when EVERYONE is clear-thinking, fair-minded, and socially conscious; this will never happen.

Too much government is a bad thing. Too much freedom is also a bad thing. Sadly, there is no happy medium.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
THIS is why Ron Paul has not been taken seriously by the general population. THIS is what will kill his campaign, especially since he'd be running against Obama of all the people. Easy picking for his opponents.

I'm just trying to be realistic here. I want to vote for Ron but cannot over something like this.

No he has not been taken seriously because Faux news likes to talk sh*t on him.. The last thing they said to him in the last election before he was blackballed from talking in the debates was..

"Do you feel that you are electable?" Followed by the commentators laughing thier asses off..

So no they made him into a joke and the american idol crowd followed the morons who were leading him..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And to add to your point, why would anyone want to discriminate? They'd most certainly lose money. What if it's a store run by a white person who just happens to get a large amount of muslim customers? If he puts up a sign that says "No Muslims", they're going to take their money elsewhere. If every white owner in that town does the same thing, then they take their dollars elsewhere.

Substitute "white" and "muslim" for any other race/ethnicity and hopefully, you'll be able to see my point.

I think some of the small government folks would be happy under anarchy. That is total freedom from any system of oppression, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join