It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need 5 apps to get your pay?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I was just offered a job at a retail department store but there was one thing that bothered me and still does.

You are required to get 5 credit apps a pay period to even get PAID. Ok this is just odd to me. It doesn't matter your performance or that you show up and do your job, it matters how many people you get to sign up for the credit card. She pushed this credit card on me more than the job responsibilities. A credit card most probably don't need but they package it as a VISA card with all these benefits to make you think it's a deal..

Personally I have zero credit cards. I was raised where if you want something you work for it and pay for it with cash. Isn't this why American's are in so much debt? Credit cards!

I will do this because it has taken years to find a job but I don't agree with it. I find it a little sneaky to push their card then hold your pay over you. I worked for another department store that was the same way but this was years ago before the economy took a dive.

What do you think of this? The things you learn when working retail I swear.

It may depend on the State you live in, but that doesn't sound legal. If your paid to do a task like cashier or stocking goods(or customer service) and a side task is to sell credit cards they still have to pay you for cashier work and other job related work.

The only way this could be legal is IF your only job is to sell credit cards and your paid based upon sales alone.

Double check with your state labor laws though(If your in the EU I can't imagine in any EU country that it could be remotely legal to do that).

------
Worked at the lovely Telemarketer place that sold Credit Cards for Citi bank for 2 weeks. Was pretty funny, the one day the top seller was sitting next to me and we got into an ethics convo. So he agreed to be honest for the next 2 hours till break. Didn't sell one(would sell like 10-13+ a day) while I sold two(averaged about 4-6 a day the honest way).

edit on 15-5-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by davespanners

No she said your pay check. You only get paid on apps after you have reached 5, after that it's 2 dollars an app. I had to ask her this in detail because I was confused. It goes along with your sales goals they set for you based on hours and your location in the store. Many stores I have worked for work like this.

Also get this in writing in a non suspicious manner. I still don't think it is legal, definitely isn't moral.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join