It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems With Alien Visitation, And The Question Of: Where Is Everyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I totally agree, there is a lot more to the universe than classical physics me thinks.

It's ideas like these (people scoffing at others instead of having natural curiosity towards extraordinary ideas) that hold us back from incredible discoveries and achievements, not to mention a wealth of resources. Also, money is a bit tight, we just have to get sufficiently motivated to do this stuff.

Scientific failure is not failure in a true sense, it is only a set back. There is always another way to accomplish anything.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I only read the first sentence but heres my question to you. who are you to question what they do and what there means of anything to this planet and its people? i have a strong connection to the greys but they have been apart of my life forever, and always will be. no human should question what any race is doing here on THIS planet (notice how i didnt say OUR planet). if you have a hard time believing their existance, what makes you think you can believe their means of travel, experimentation, or anything about them. in my opinion, any HUMAN that questions the Greys or any alien race agenda, is simply ignorant. this is not OUR planet, nor any single human beings planet.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wormholes are not likely to be real phenomena. While they are hinted at by a mathmatical quirk in relativity, they are fundementaly a quantum effect. Yet relativity fails dismally at quantum levels.

As to the physical form an alien might take, it's highly unlikely they'll be bipedal. An octopus like creature with opposable fingers and thumbs and eight eyes, for example, would be a far more efficient 'design'.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
I only read the first sentence but heres my question to you. who are you to question what they do and what there means of anything to this planet and its people? i have a strong connection to the greys but they have been apart of my life forever, and always will be. no human should question what any race is doing here on THIS planet (notice how i didnt say OUR planet). if you have a hard time believing their existance, what makes you think you can believe their means of travel, experimentation, or anything about them. in my opinion, any HUMAN that questions the Greys or any alien race agenda, is simply ignorant. this is not OUR planet, nor any single human beings planet.

You are delusional sir.

If not, proof please...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by healthysceptic

I agree with this somewhat. I guess people can fudge their own definitions of "efficiency" - mine would be energy use more so than effectiveness. There are many interesting articles out there with regards to what is an efficient method of getting around. I for one think an octopus' arms are less efficient - more body mass, more resources needed to supply it, more brain power devoted to controlling it, etc. Yet, they can manipulate multiple things at once and have shared function. Human beings on the other hand have 2 pairs of limbs which can only accomplish very different tasks - not efficient in terms of effectiveness. If we could manipulate things with our feet as well as our hands, that'd be a different story. Maybe with an increased brain-to-body mass ratio it is easier to accommodate multiple limbs - in which case that is something we may see out of an alien. They'd be benefiting from greater intelligence as well as greater mobility.
edit on 13-5-2011 by qalameid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthysceptic

Originally posted by HispanicPanic

You are delusional sir.

If not, proof please...

ill take the delusional route rather than prove something to an ignorant human. thanks for the response though. keep searching this forum everyday for an answer you will NEVER find

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Instead of calling someone an "ignorant human" why don't you show us proof of your connections to the "Grays"

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by qalameid

Possible conclusion 3:
Interstellar travel is too hard! And there is no shortcut! Nobody ever came to visit Earth because the technology to make visits would have been unreasonable. Even though there may be hundreds or thousands of civilizations in the galaxy, each would be confined to their home system. No colonization. No artifacts. It could be that resource depletion becomes too serious an issue before a race develops a means to overcome it (a problem I am afraid humanity may run into).

I agree that it seems we might be heading in this direction, then again a massive population decrease might solve this dilemma no? Great opening post btw, it could have used some pictures/illustrations though

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by qalameid

What about me and my 2 other sober friends. We've seen a craft/light in front us change colors, sway in the sky, and disappear right in front of our eyes. So don't you dare say that there isn't anything out there and if it us(humans) that can do that; we as a people are being lied to about our capabilities and life on Earth should not be as distrut as it is...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Instead of calling someone an "ignorant human" why don't you show us proof of your connections to the "Grays"

Agreed, at least try and explain your connection. How did it start? How is it going now? Etc.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As for Jacques Vallee, he's had a few different theories over the years, including that the whole abduction phenomenon is mass hysteria, etc. The case files seem to me, to indicate more of a flesh and blood being, using technology, vs. some kind of high-order dimensional being.

I think Gaz is right about this. If you look in to Roswell then it is difficult to ignore the facts. There are multiple witnesses to physical humanoid bodies (possibly a live one) by some very credible people. If that isn't a incredibly elaborate hoax then there has been an attempt to cover up flesh and blood aliens. The only alternative is that it was an exercise to see how a real alien crash could be contained. You really need to look into the details of these cases to understand why I am not too cautious.

The Day Before Roswell is well worth a look. Roswell was no isolated incident. There was a wave of saucer sighting in the run up to it. See especially my post here where I explain that there were 600+ witnesses and a signed affidavit by one of the key officers involved.

Originally posted by Gazrok
2. That is the question isn't it? What is their agenda? They aren't here to take us over, or destroy us, or they would have done so by now. They aren't here to help, or likewise, they would have made themselves known. Assuming they've been here a while, ample time to study us. So, logically, the only other thing I can deduce is "containment" and monitoring.

Containment and study would explain the data. However, earth being like a kind of laboratory experiment would explain it too. Let's not discount that possibility - there is plenty of testimony that there may have been intervention on Earth. Humanity may even have been created.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Isn't the general consensus that Venus and Mars, at one time could have had environments like ours. If we ever get to mars (at least publicly if you go with the CT's on here), and found fossils of life forms up there, I think you could bet your bottom dollar that there would be a lot of "I told you so..." "we were dropped off here by ET..." etc.

edit on 14/5/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join